Final

lost stars
the night's chill crept into their bones as the moonlight shone brighter than no other, making it seem like a normal night. but what no one knew, was that two wolves; alpha and omega, gold and silver, and sworn enemy roots sprinted on four feet as they kept running to match each other's pace.
 
lands of snow they passed without fault, fallen leafless trees they hopped over, and several heartbeats they skipped. the younger alpha could feel the silver wolf's warm hazel eyes watching him with every step they took, serving jungkook with comfort like nothing else could.
 
even under all the silver fur, yoongi still couldn't hide the smile which wouldn't seem to crawl away just yet. 
 
when on the other side, jungkook couldn't hide his frown away as he kept his gaze forward.
 
somewhere around the woods, jungkook tripped over a rock and tumbled forward, rolling non-stop as he forcefully turned himself back human with his head hitting the ground every two seconds; now laying flat on a wide treeless land.
 
yoongi shortened his pace as he too transformed himself to his human form, now walking towards the younger as he bursted out a fit of laughter.
 
" i finally know what could kill you "
 
without looking over, he stared at the black sky. a faint smile formed on his lips as a sad fact sprinted through his mind.
 
but i know what's killing you, hyung.
 
yoongi was never the same ever since he was stabbed by one of the icy rocks in the heart during a fight. werewolves were meant to stop aging after turning 17, and they were immortal unless they fall in battle.
 
his heart was freezing.
 
the elder let out a tiny snicker before laying down next to his lover. both stared at the same sky; but everything seemed so different. the atmosphere, the position, even the feelings. the ground was freezing cold, but at least their intertwined fingers were enough to warm each other.
 
for now.
 
turn the video on now for atmosphere
 
" hyung " jungkook called out, gripping the other's hand tighter as each second passed.
 
with an ever-loving look, yoongi drifted his gaze towards the alpha, as if he has never found anything so beautiful.
" yeah? " 
 
finally facing the blonde, he looked straight into the omega's eyes; finding something that didn't belong to this world or any other.
 
yoongi-hyung,
 
" are we lost stars? " 
 
i will always be dazzled by the same constellation,
 
a smirk crept its way to yoongi as his eyes shone brighter than the moon.   " getting lost sounds intriguing, wanna give it a try? " 
 
the one in your eyes.
 
" i'd go anywhere before nowhere with you " a determined grin painted his lips, earning the same from the blonde elder. standing up, jungkook helped him up before walking hand in hand. 
 
awful howls were suddenly heard, indicating that each pack has already found out both were missing. the couple looked back, but of course found nothing except the haunting feeling of getting caught.
 
yoongi shook his head in assurance, " i only have very little time left, let's make this worth it "
 
he let go of jungkook's hand before leaping forward and immediately turning to what they really were, with jungkook following the same action. running side by side, their fur glittered in the light as slight pants were heard from fastening pace. 
 
they were going nowhere in particular that night, but they both knew it was going be their last.
 
with the silver wolf slowing down, jungkook understood perfectly that he should too stop.
 
" this seems like a nice place to settle in, yeah? " turning to his disguised form, he folded his legs before sitting above them. in front of him laid the view of the sea from an uphill; truly breathtaking.
 
so breathtaking it reminded him of jungkook.
 
the wind wasn't very hectic up there for some reason, as if everything was conditioned for them. in fact, it was warm for winter.
 
" i think we're far enough " the younger replied as he too sat next to yoongi with a slight nod.
 
staring onto the seemingly endless horizon, a sigh escaping the blonde's lips with a small yet sad chuckle after.
 
" i'm not going to last very long now, jungkook " before continuing, he decided to stare at the significant other with a curve of lips so sincere it pooled tears in jungkook's pure eyes. 
 
" don't say that " the soon-to-be loner wolf shook his head in denial of what yoongi stated as one tear rolled down his cheek.
 
" the truth can be sharper than a thousand knives at times " the shorter omega continued, now holding the boy's hand as he caressed it. " remember my promise? "
 
the jet-black haired nodded.
 
" and what is that? "
 
" you promised you would solve everything, " jungkook paused to wipe the rhine off his nose before resuming, " but dying isn't going to, hyung "
 
" i never said i was dying " yoongi shook his head, " at least, not without having you by my side for one last time " now water started rising up to his eyes, making his nose runny. 
 
" ah, look what you've done to me " the elder attempted a laugh, but cracked and the tears wouldn't stop rushing down his milky skin.
 
jungkook pressed his lips into a thin line, as he couldn't help but to let p rain down both his cheeks. " how are you still so peaceful? you're dying. you're going away when i thought you said you'd never leave me alone, goddamnit! " he started throwing a tantrum, hitting the blonde with weak punches as he slightly hiccuped.
 
with a calm smile painting his lips, he held the younger's arms from hitting more as he stared at jungkook's red angry crying face for the first time and of course, the last time.
 
in the midst of the black haired rants, yoongi grabbed the other's chin and pulled it to meet his after kneeing up to him( in hope of being taller ); he knew it was the only way to shut him up. 
 
jungkook soon slumped his shoulders down after closing his eyes as he melted into the kiss. he could've sworn he heard fireworks go boom boom behind him. 
 
and he was right.
 
it was new year's eve.
 
the start of a new year, but the end of his lover's years.
 
it hurts them to the gut, but neither of them were bleeding. 
 
as yoongi pulling away, jungkook fluttered his eyes open as he looked up to the blonde with blurry eyes and a red nose. then the realization hit him.
 
" that was our first kiss "
 
the omega chuckled, " but i'm sure to hell it won't be our last " without another word, yoongi slowly pushed the other down, now hovering over him. he attacked jungkook with a chaste kiss before tracing his jawlines as he planted butterfly kisses.
 
pressing their foreheads together, yoongi spoke. " i am helplessly in love with you, jeon jungkook. you deserve to live, at least for me. don't you ing dare try to join me; i'd be happy from wherever i'll be watching you "
 
before continuing, the elder grabbed both of jungkook's cheeks with the younger's hand topping his as well after looking straight at each other's eyes.
 
" listen to what your parents say, they know what's best for you. don't sneak out anymore, eat well and don't forget to keep your body healthy. study hard, 'cause your future depends on it. don't think about me everyday, it'd just hurt you more. i want you to stay strong for me, the fate of the alpha's pack is soon to be in your hands; they will look up to you no matter what. you have to be a dependable leader to them, don't disappoint me, okay? you understand me? "
 
jungkook couldn't do anything but to only nod.
 
" i love you too, hyung "
 
yoongi shut his eyes aggressively, letting the remaining tears fall down to the other's cheeks.
 
opening them, a tender smile curved his lips sweetly before saying the word jungkook dreaded. 
 
" goodbye, jungkook " 
 
the younger cried more as he watched yoongi's lips paled, and soon enough his whole body was ice cold. but luckily he was still breathing. 
 
" dont say goodbye, 'cause goodbye means forgetting "
 
the silver wolf nodded, as he couldn't speak anymore. but his eyes told jungkook something he could register perfectly.
 
trust me, everything will be okay in the future.
 
and without another word, the elder's body fell down onto him; lifeless and stiff like a mannequin. jungkook's eyes widened as he panicked, now shaking his lover with all his might in hope that he would return back to life.
 
but everything and anything was useless.
 
he just had to let go, even if he'd rather suffer in hell.
 
he pushed the body over and laid his back on the ground as he clutched into the other's shirt, weeping as if he's never wept before. 
 
" hyung.. " he whimpered, wanting nothing else but his beloved min yoongi, the omega dearest to him.
 
jungkook stared up at the moon and took a deep breath before howling into the night sky as any wolf would when a fellow has fallen.
 
but yoongi wasn't just any fellow, mind you. 
 
he was jungkook's everything. and now that he's lost his everything, he has nothing to live for.