008

The Wild Card

 

 

“We’ll have to him put in rehab then.” JB nodded as he took off his surgical gloves, he watched as his helper lifted the injured German Shepherd and walked back to the kennel.

Then he looked up as a black Land Rover Evoque pulled over by the gates.

“Oh dear.” He muttered with a smile as Yeoshin jumped down from the SUV.

“Hi, I’m dropping off my five year old.” Mark commented as he slid down and trailed behind the girl.

“Jaebummie!” Yeoshin hugged her bestfriend, JB chuckled and patted her back.

“Can I help?” She asked.

“Like there any way I can stop you from doing so.” JB grinned at her, she ran to the kennel and greeted the other dogs.

“I saw the news, things are going to change.” JB faced his friend.

Mark nodded.

“I know, she was crowded by reporters earlier. You know how she hates that.”

“People will start talking about you two, are you sure Jaehee understands that?”

Mark exhaled.

“I mean, misunderstandings could occur, Mark. You have to protect the two of them.”

Mark glanced at Yeoshin whom had a Pomeranian in her arms as a Saint Bernard trailed after her.

“I’ve been doing the same thing ever since, I’m sure Shin will be fine. Jaehee too.”

“But something must have happened.” Jaebum said, Mark glanced at him.

“She has not attempted to flee yet.” He finished, Mark looked away.

“That person,” Mark said, JB glanced at him.

“He left her, he hurt her.”

 

 

Jaehee was on her way to her car when her phone started ringing, she glanced at the screen and smiled before picking it up.

“Hi, you still up for lunch today?” She asked as she pressed the gadget against her ear.

“No, I’m sorry. I had to drive to Yongsan.”

“Yongsan? Wae?”

“Yeoshin wanted to drop by JB’s animal clinic.”

“Oh?” Jaehee halted in her steps.

“Yeah, she was feeling a bit uncomfortable. She wanted some quiet time, are you okay?”

“I’m fine, I’ll see you at Jinyoung’s opening then?”

“I’ll see you there.”

“You..can’t pick me up?” Jaehee asked hesitantly.

“That…I’m not sure about, we have people looking at us now. And Yeoshin’s not really a fan of parties too.”

Jaehee exhaled, her brows furrowed before ending the call.

 

 

Mark?

Mark glanced up, he was in the shower when he heard Yeoshin’s voice.

Shower!” He hollered, Yeoshin then opened the door and stepped in the bathroom.

Thank god we thought about tinted smoked glass.” She muttered before pulling herself up on the sink.

“What is it?” Mark asked with a sigh.

“Jinyoung called me, are we going?” She asked.

“We have to, since people already know you’re back.”

“The company doesn’t even know how HanShin’s heir looks like, they all know that she married you.”

“And she being, you, shouldn’t you refer yourself as~”

“Mark.” She sighed, Mark stretched his hand out, Yeoshin slid down from her position and handed him a towel.

“I know, I know, I wont talk about it.”

She grinned at him as he stepped out with the towel wrapped on his waist.

“Are we going to pick up Jaehee?” She asked as Mark brushed his teeth, Yeoshin tailed after him.

“No, we have to go alone.”

Yeoshin glanced at him with a smile.

“Thank you, Markiepoo.”

“For what?” Mark glanced at her.

“For being there and helping me escape.” She stated, Mark grinned at her through the mirror.

“That’s kind of my purpose in this union, yeobo.”

Ugh, I should have switched the toothpaste to super glue.” She muttered darkly before leaving the bathroom.

 

 

 

“Your entrance was perfect, noona.” Bam Bam grinned as he joined the table.

Yeoshin smiled at the younger male and pinched his cheek.

“Would you like something, sir?” The female bartender asked while trying to give Bam Bam and Youngjae a good view of her rack.

“Yeah, he’d like for you to cover up and not show your mountains.” Yeoshin looked at the girl, the latter just scampered away.

Youngjae shook his head at her.

“This way, rumors will spread. HanShin’s queen is back, but your face wont appear yet.”

“I like it that way.” Yeoshin smiled, she glanced over at Mark and Jaehee, and they were enjoying drinks with Yugyeom and Jaebum.

“I’m gonna use the restroom.” She patted the two before sliding down his chair.

 

Mark glanced sideways when he saw Yeoshin slid down from her chair.

“But, Yeoshin…did she get any work done?” Jaehee asked, JB and Yugyeom looked at her.

“Work?”

“She took her MBA~” Yugyeom blinked when Jaehee shook her head.

“Enhancements, plastic surgery?”

“Ah, no. Noona’s body is all her.” Yugyeom nodded, then he flinched as he realized how weird it sounded. Mark chuckled softly and took a sip from his drink.

“What he meant was that, Shin never got anything done.” Mark explained, Jaebum nodded.

“You’d think she had things done, huh?” Jackson sauntered to their table.

“Shin…has always been curvier..than other girls.” Jaebum explained.

“She’s too pretty.” Jaehee mused but she could not help but feel uncomfortable.

“Well, that’s why her name’s Yeoshin.” Jackson shrugged before leaving them.

 

 

“Just one drink.” The male smiled at Yeoshin again, blocking her path to the loo.

“I don’t drink. You can buy yourself one.” She replied, he smiled again and took her left elbow and gave it a squeeze, Yeoshin’s eyes widened and looked at him.

“Come on, aren’t you here to attract guys like me? I have money, sugar.”

“Money?” Yeoshin could not help but snort.

“Wae? Do you have a higher price~”

“I’m sure you can’t afford her.” Jackson stepped in between Yeoshin and the male, Jaebum quietly pulled Yeoshin away.

“Is she your flavor of the night?” He grinned at Jackson.

“I’m sure she can add me to her list.” He finished, Jackson was about to reply when a glass of pina colada was suddenly hurled to the male.

“Ah, you have money,” Yeoshin stepped forward with a smirk, her eyes went to Mark after she noticed the ID on the male’s coat pocket.

‘’You work for HanShin Chemicals? Wow, what a big company.” She said.

“My father’s the president, do you regret tossing that drink on me~”

“I don’t, in fact I’ll have your company closed by tomorrow.” She whispered to him, the male was about to grab her hand when Mark stepped in pushed him back.

 

“If I were you, don’t touch her. She’s not the type to take her threats lightly.” He stated flatly before following his wife..

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++