036

The Wild Card

“Our people do play in a very bloody manner.” Bam Bam nodded as he read the article, Yugyeom was grinning like a maniac.

“Do you think noona will be pressing charges?” Youngjae asked, the three youngest were gathered in Youngjae’s office.

“I..I don’t know, but I don’t think she’d just let this go too.” Bam Bam replied.

“But look at our Mark Tuan, talk about extreme measures, he just basically jumped in the fire.”

“Like what JB hyung said, he’d do anything to get her back.”

 

 

Secretary Noh looked at his boss and mentally sighed.

“Does this make sense?” Mark’s tone was soft and frightening.

“I’m sorry president, but we didn’t expect you’d ask for a report today.” The manager of their Busan office reported.

“Didn’t expect? What are you supposed to be doing? Decorating your office?” Mark asked again, his cold eyes on the male and his two juniors.

“Sorry,~”

“Get out.” Mark stated, the three scurried away.

“President~”

Mark stood up from his seat.

“Cancel the meeting, the director Hong could not produce a proposal.”

“But sir~”

“If they have any complaints send them to me.” Mark replied before taking coat and leaving his office.

His secretary exhaled before picking up the folders on the floor, just today Mark closed down two departments and walked out on three major meetings, the reason?

The employees were a few minutes late.

The male shook his head, his boss was never this way before, sure he was intimidating and quiet, but he never did this or acted this way.

 

 

 

“I need to speak with him.” Yeoshin said, her brows met briefly.

What is he thinking?” She muttered darkly before picking up her purse.

“Shin,” Suho looked at her.

“I’ll be back, oppa.” She nodded to him before facing Daehyun.

“I’ll have the car ready~”

“Don’t, I’ll drive myself.” She stated before leaving the room.

Kai looked at the photos again.

“She’s not even pretty.” Yejin pointed out with a scrunched nose.

“I agree, sister.” Kai nodded, Suho just shook his head at the two.

 

 

“All this just because of a man.” President Choi looked at his child.

Jaehee looked away.

“Are you crazy? Are you trying to sabotage everything?” He yelled at his daughter.

“Abeoji, I didn’t know his wife~”

“You were dating a married man, you ignorant fool!”

“I had no idea, abeoji. But don’t worry, we’ve ended everything.”

The male smiled and leaned back on his chair.

“You must be so frustrated then.” He stated, Jaehee looked up.

“Yeoshin took what’s yours.”

Her brows furrowed.

“The more reason to embarrass her later at the meeting, don’t worry, daughter. We will take HanShin away from her.”

 

 

Yeoshin stepped out of the elevator, the employees bowed as she passed by, she smiled back.

Her thoughts were on Mark, just what on earth was he doing?

She shook her head as she passed through the automatic sliding doors. She found her Audi R8 already waiting for her.

Yeoshin took out her key when somebody had snatched it from her; she was beginning to wonder why security was not reacting when she looked up.

“Mark.” She paused.

We need to talk.” Mark stated.

Why did you do that? Mark, do you know what’s happening? People are talking about how~

Do you think that matters to me, Han Yeoshin?

She looked away.

The problem with you is that you never listen. You never let me finish.

They could release everything, I don’t really care. Those things never mattered to me,

“Jaehee, she~”

We broke up the day you handed me the divorce papers.

Yeoshin was stunned.

You see, you never tried to listen to what I had to say, I did not want to let go of you.

Yeoshin just stared at him.

I know what you did and why you did it, Shin. You didn’t have to, Jaehee..she stopped..being…I realized that I never did have feelings for her. I didn’t know how much I wanted us to be real, Shin.

Mark, what are you~

I didn’t know how much you were hurting, I had no idea what Jaehee and her family was doing to you, and I’m sorry, Shin. I should have checked on you more.” He met her gaze, Yeoshin just bit her lip.

I didn’t know that I brought you closer to danger.” Mark said softly.

Mark…you just destroyed yourself, those…articles could cost you and the company~” She trailed off and shook her head.

I just…don’t understand.” She finished.

Mark just shook his head before cupping her cheeks with his hands and then he started kissing her, Yeoshin’s eyes widened. Then she relaxed, she felt Mark smile before pulling back.

Because I’m in love with you, Han Yeoshin.

And it drives me mad knowing that people would want to get rid of you, to take away everything that’s yours. But I’m here now and there’s nothing they can do to take me away from you. So I’m asking you…no, I want you back. And I don’t care if we have to start over, I’ll sign the divorce papers, I’ll give back the shares you want. Just come back to me, Shin.” Mark met her gaze evenly as he took her hands in his.

 

Stay with me, you’re all I have left.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++