035

The Wild Card

 

Yeoshin was seated inside the black Mercedes Benz van. She was quiet during the whole ride, she didn’t know what to do or what she had just done.

She leaned back on her seat and closed her eyes.

Then the van suddenly pulled to a stop.

“President!” One of the men blocked her with his arm, Yeoshin paused and opened her eyes.

“This idiot wants to die.” One of the guards muttered before sliding down the car, Yeoshin’s eyes landed on the black Lamborghini that was blocking the road.

She sighed.

“I know that car.” Yeoshin stated before going down the vehicle herself.

“What are you thinking?!” Jaebum yelled as he shut the door close behind him.

“Jaebum, I~”

“We know, Yeoshin.”

“What~”

“We know that Jaehee threatened you, we know that she handed those photos~”

“So what?” She replied.

“Why are you doing this?” Jaebum asked.

“I have to let Mark go, or else she might hurt him too.” She said lowly.

“So, divorce? You think divorcing Mark is the solution?” JB challenged.

“What can I do? He will always choose her, I can’t ask Mark to ignore her for me!”

Jaebum grew silent.

Han Yeoshin, how could you not know? How could you not see it?

“I’m tired, Jaebum-ah. I have to watch over HanShin, I have to ward off those rumors andI can’t handle another disturbance. I have to let Mark go.” She said, then her tears started to line her cheeks. Jaebum just pulled her to his chest.

“That’s why I hate going home, I hate it here.” She sobbed.

 

 

Jongin watched as the Lamborghini pulled over in their villa, Jaebum and Yeoshin slid down from the car.

“Yeoshin.” Yejin greeted the younger female with a hug, Jongin met eyes with JB briefly.

“Thanks for bringing her over.” Suho stated as he gestured for his men to unload Yeoshin’s things to the house.

“I tried knocking some sense into her, it didn’t work.” JB said lowly, Suho sighed.

“But, what about Mark?” Kai asked.

“By this time, Yeoshin would have handed her shares in Tuan Group back to Mark or his parents and news about their divorce is probably out by now.” Suho said sadly as Yeoshin and Yejin walked towards the house.

“This is going to destroy him.” JB said.

“What was her name again? That…woman.” Kai asked.

“Choi Jaehee. Her father is the president of HanShin Electrics.” Jaebum said, his tone hard.

“I’m going to get rid of her.” Kai stated flatly before walking back to the house.

“Please take care of her, hyung.” Jaebum said.

“Always have.” Suho nodded at the younger male before he left.

 

 

Chanyeol looked up as Yeoshin took the seat across his.

“Yeoshin~”

“Why are you here?” She asked him, the male paused.

“I came back to talk to you.”

“There’s nothing to talk about, oppa.”

“Shin, I realized that I made a bad decision and~”

“It was a bad decision when you showed up at the party. I told you I don’t want to see you.” Yeoshin met his gaze, he shook his head.

“That marriage was arranged by my parents, I~”

“I understand, oppa. Why are we still talking about this?”

“I also went here to come back to you.” Chanyeol said as he reached for her hand.

Yeoshin pulled her hand away.

“You can’t do this.” She replied.

“Yeoshin, I know~”

“There’s nothing for you to come back to, we’re done.” She said as she stood up.

“Is this because of Mark? I saw the..way you looked at him.”

Yeoshin faced him again.

“Just go back to the US, people are already talking about us.” She said.

“Shin, we can fix this, those rumors will die down and~”

“They will, but we can’t fix this. I’m sorry, but I can’t accept you.”

 

 

Jinyoung winced as he read the news.

Tuan and Han union went down the drain after Han Yeoshin’s cheating controversy!

“This is unfair, that piece of !” Yugyeom said darkly before crumpling the paper and tossing it away.

“Did you ask him to come?” Jackson asked as he put the menu down.

“I called his office, his secretary said Mark’s not receiving any calls as of the moment, but he’ll pass it on.”

“If only he told her.” Jinyoung said.

“I hate this.” Bam Bam murmured, then they looked up as Mark approached their table.

“Hyung~”

“You don’t need to talk. What is this about?” Mark asked as he sat down, his friends noticed the change in his tone.

“We just wanted to have lunch.” Jackson stated.

“What went wrong?” Jinyoung asked, Mark’s brows met.

“She’s going back to Chanyeol, the divorce papers~”

Hell no!” Jackson spoke up, the others remained quiet.

Don’t sign it.

“Do you think I want to?” Mark looked up, his tone still quiet and arctic.

“She wants to be free, Jackson. I’m not the one who can make her happy, why would I keep on holding her back?”

Youngjae shook his head.

“Because you’re not.” JB said quietly.

“You took too long, Mark. You took too long to tell her how you feel, you took too long in letting go of Jaehee.”

Mark grew quiet.

“It’s not Chanyeol, she had no plans of running back to him. How do I know this?” Jaebum looked at his friend.

“I’m her best friend, and I don’t need words to understand her. I saw her the night she left you, she didn’t run to Chanyeol, she went to her cousins’ place.”

“Jaebum~”

“I asked you not to hurt her, please, make things right before she makes another move.”

“She doesn’t~”

“Do you know why she left you, hyung?” Yugyeom spoke.

“Because of Jaehee. It was all her doing, she threatened noona about revealing her past with Chanyeol and she’s the one whose been planning to take HanShin away from her.”

The boys grew quiet, Mark was stunned.

“You brought this woman into her life and messed it up.”

“Yugyeom, stop.” JB said.

“Why should I? Noona ends up with a bad reputation, but Jaehee gets away with everything she’s done and you, hyung, you just let all of this happen. And Yeoshin noona let you be, why? Because she thinks you would choose Jaehee over her, so tell me,” Yugyeom looked at his hyung.

“How ed up is that?”

 

 

 

“The election has been moved to today, well, now that they heard everything about me.” Yeoshin pointed out, they were in the office.

“Just tell me why…” Yejin exhaled and shook her head.

“Why what, unnie?”

“She still can’t wrap her head around why you filed for divorce, but don’t worry, samonim is not alone on that one.” Daehyun pointed out, Kai grinned and high fived with him.

Suho just sent his brother a look before facing Yeoshin.

“What time is the meeting?”

“At one.”

“You mean in two hours?” Yejin blinked.

“Well, that’s just how…greedy they are and how much the Chois want me out.” She shrugged and leaned back on her seat, Suho could see the stress bothering her, Yeoshin was paler than usual.

“Did…you talk to Mark already?” Suho asked gently.

“No, but he refused to sign the transfer of shares.” She replied quietly.

Then the doors opened, it was Himchan and Minah.

“What is it? You look like you’ve~”

“President, you have to see this.” Minah handed an iPad to her, Yeoshin blinked and took the device from her, and then she froze.

“Mark and Jaehee.” Kai was stunned, Yeoshin closed her eyes and tossed the iPad on the table. Yejin leaned forward and looked at the article, there were photos of Mark and Jaehee attending parties, holding hands and going out on dates.

“Himchan…how..” She trailed off.

“There’s something weird about this, president.”

“Continue.” Yeoshin said as she picked up her vibrating phone.

“The articles as well as the photos are both released by the Tuan Group.” Himchan said as she open the message.

 

 

I just want things to be fair.    –Mark

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++