025

The Wild Card

“But we’re not sure if she’s…you know.” Yeoshin stated, Daehyun glanced at her before closing the door.

“She’s on their side, president.” He pointed out as the car started to move.

“I just…”

“I know how you feel about her, she’s special to mister Tuan, but we’re talking about your family’s legacy here, young miss.” Daehyun said calmly.

“Imagine how would Mark feel once he finds out I’m going to sack Jaehee’s entire family.”

Daehyun exhaled and shrugged.

“I’m just here to protect you from those leeches, president. The decision is always up to you.”

Yeoshin glanced at the male warily.

“Who would have known, they gave me an ice prince for a secretary.” She pointed out.

Daehyun just grinned at her.

“But, please, think about it.”

 

 

Yeoshin smiled as the car pulled over at their curb, she picked up her phone as it started.

“It’s been a long time,” A male voice greeted her warmly as she slid down from the car.

“Have you been well, oppa?” She asked as she plugged in her Bluetooth earpiece.

“Now, you ask that? It’s been a while since you were back in town, and yet you never call.” He chided, Yeoshin chuckled from the other line.

“Oppa, are you free? I need to talk.”

“Problems?” He asked softly.

“Yes, can we meet?”

“Of course, are you going to that party in Jeju?” He asked with a laugh.

“Hell yes, it’s held by my in-laws.” She mused before ending the call, Yeoshin walked in the house, she slid off her heels and coat.

“Hello, boys.”  She smiled at her Alaskan Malamutes who were lounging in the living room.

Did Mark let you guys in?” She asked before walking to the kitchen in search for something to drink.

She opened the fridge and halted, they were out of blueberry juice.

Mark?” She called as she climbed the stairs.

Mark? Where’s the nearest~Oh crap, right.” Yeoshin paused in mid-step.

Taiwan.” She murmured before walking back to the living room, she plopped down on the couch and folded her arms under her head.

Her eyes went to their wedding portrait, her brows furrowed.

“Well, I guess I’m not used to being alone in this house.”

 

 

“Where is she now?” Mark looked up from the backseat of the car.

“Samonim was visiting Mrs. Han as the hospital.” Secretary Noh replied, Mark nodded.

“How is halmae?” Mark asked.

“Her vitals are stable, but..there is bad news, sir.”

He nodded for him to continue.

“It seems that from the , the left side of her body has been paralyzed.”

Mark paused, his eyes widened.

“But with therapy, she’ll be fine, right?” He pressed.

“Yes, there’s a possibility, but they’ve discovered an abnormality with her heart…the doctor has advised the family to..be ready.”

“..And…does Yeoshin already know all of this?”

“Just a few minutes ago, his secretary just informed me.”

Mark’s forehead creased with worry.

“Wait, you said..was visiting?”

“Yes, it has been an hour since president Han was last seen at the hospital.”

Mark chewed on his bottom lip.

“And sir, Miss Jaehee called two times today, she’ll like for you to~”

“Move my flight to this afternoon. I can have the meeting at Seoul.” Mark ordered before taking out his phone, secretary Noh just nodded and glanced at Mark’s other cellphone on his hand.

Jaehee had been calling him since yesterday and yet his boss seems not to be bothered about it.

 

 

What?!” Jackson paused; he dropped his pen and stood by the windows.

“Mark just called me, after visiting halmae, Yeoshin disappeared.” Jinyoung said, the other male exhaled.

“Is Mark hyung coming home?” He asked.

“What do you think? He already moved his flight.”

Jackson could not help but cheer.

“Ya! Halmae’s still sick!” Jinyoung warned him.

“What I mean by that is..you can see how the Tuan prince worries over Yeoshin, I heard he has a very important meeting tomorrow.”

Jinyoung just sighed from the other line.

“I told you Jaehee didn’t really worth much to him.”

 

 

 

Yeoshin looked at her reflection and exhaled.

“Yes, therapy might help her, but…with her heart’s condition, I would suggest for you and the whole family to be ready, president.”

Doctor, what do you mean?

“We debated about her heart surgery, but the success rate is very low.”

She was inside her old room at her halmae’s house, she exited the bathroom and sat down on the bed.

This is crazy.” She murmured.

All ing messed up.” She stated flatly as she remembered her problems with Mark, Jaehee and the company.

She ignored her ringing phone as she lied down and closed her eyes.

 

 

Hours later, Mark slid down from his Range Rover and looked at the majestic house before him, the house held so many of his childhood memories. He took out a small key from his pocket as he made his way behind the house, his lips quirked up as he spotted the secret door just behind the rose bushes, then he paused.

The lock was unlocked.

“She’s here.” He murmured with relief as he let himself in. Mark quietly made his way to the staircase, making sure no one saw him as he entered one of the rooms.

Mark loosened his tie as he saw Yeoshin peacefully sleeping on the bed, he took off his jacket and walked to her.

Shin?” He said softly, Yeoshin didn’t react. He smiled before pulling her hair away from her cheek.

Mark slowly slid down beside her with a small smile, Yeoshi stirred.

Rough day?” He whispered softly, Yeoshin’s eyes opened slowly and she squinted.

It’s me.” He murmured, he saw tears slide down from her cheeks and she started to sob.

Mark, I~

You don’t need to explain, just come here.” Mark pulled her closer to his chest, Yeoshin just cried quietly as he rubbed her back soothingly.

I’m sorry, I should have gone with you to the hospital today.” He murmured as he kissed her hair. Yeoshin didn’t reply, she just buried her face on his shirt and hugged him back.

 

I think I never got over you, Shin.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++