015

The Wild Card

 

The boys grew still, Jaebum sat up, and his eyes went to Yeoshin, who had dropped her hand.

Jackson grew defensive and his lips pursed.

“Jaehee-yah,” Jinyoung was the first one to speak.

Jaebum had quietly pulled Yeoshin’s chair away from Mark’s.

“We were just talking.” Yeoshin mumbled, Mark glanced at Jaehee.

“Don’t call her that, that’s not her name.” Mark said softly, Jaehee snorted and shook her head.

“And you still take her side?”

“Hee, we’re in a public place with some of our business partners too, we have to act.” He said lowly, Jaehee’s eyes went around them.

“You’re unreasonable.” She said, Jinyoung cleared his throat.

“Guys, if you want to talk, do it outside. People are already looking.”

Jaehee’s eyes went to Yeoshin before she walked to the doors, Mark exhaled and followed the girl.

Jackson shook his head and took a quick sip from his drink.

Yeoshin’s cookie shots arrived and Jaebum filled them with milk.

“See? I was right, she misunderstood.” She sighed, then she cupped JB’s cheeks.

“How is this not okay? You’re Jaebummie, my not so fun and a little bland Jaebummie.” She cooed with a frown, Jinyoung chortled.

“Well, it’s not okay when you do it to someone who has a girlfriend….well, he is your husband, but you get the picture.” Jaebum said before swatting her hands away.

Jackson just made a kissy face at her.

“Just drink, Shin. They’ll work things out.” Junior assured her.

 

 

Yeoshin slid in the car.

“Samonim(Ma’am), president Tuan wanted to take you home.” The driver informed her, she smiled.

“It’s fine, he’s still talking with someone, ahjussi.”

The male nodded and started the car.

“Do you know how Mark’s parents are doing?” She asked politely.

“Yes, I heard they were flying over next week, but things aren’t certain yet.”

“That’s good then~ Oh, ahjussi, pull over.” She said as she pressed her nose on the window, the male glanced at her and complied. Yeoshin took out a few bills from her purse and slid down from the car, the driver tailed behind her.

The elder man smiled as he watched his boss’s wife approached a homeless man who was carrying his daughter.

He heart was filled with warmth as he watched the Han heir pat the man’s back and spoke to him kindly and handed him the money she took out from her wallet.

“Let’s go, ahjussi.” She turned back to him and walked to the car, the man and his daughter waved as the car sped away.

 

 

Yeoshin was up early, odd enough, she didn’t feel drowsy or lazy or anything and it was a Sunday.

She was in the kitchen, hunting for food.

This is useless, Mark does this.” She mumbled, she walked back to the room and found Mark still asleep.

She plopped on the bed without a care.

Tuanniepoo?

Mark didn’t reply.

Can you be fully functional now? I’m hungry.” She asked, Mark didn’t budge.

Mark?” She asked again while poking his hip with her toe.

“Go away.” He muttered in Mandarin, Yeoshin sighed and went down to the living room.

She plopped on the floor and leaned against the couch’s leg as the movie started. She smiled as her four pets came to her, Bolt and Simba had chosen their “respective” seats while Jazz and King lay on her lap.

“Mark’s going to let me die of hunger.” She murmured as Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back began to play.

 

 

“Do you really think so, hyung?” Youngjae asked his cousin, the two had just finished their jog and were having breakfast.

“I do, Jaehee might start hating Yeoshin.”

Youngjae exhaled.

“But she has no right to, she already knows about Mark hyung’s wife even before they started dating.”

“Well, that’s right, but you know those two, they’re not real.” Junior explained as he took a sip of his coffee.

“But what does she want then? He stops taking care of Shin? Preposterous.” Youngjae pointed out.

“Young~”

“We can’t not take care of her, Shin noona is our sweetheart, she’s done so much to help us too.”

 

 

 

Movie marathon?” Mark asked groggily as he climbed down the stairs, Yeoshin still clad in a loose long sleeved top and terry shorts glared at him.

You want popcorn?” Mark asked as he trudged to the kitchen.

I want breakfast, Mark!

Yeoshin just grew engrossed by the film, Mark returned with a bowl of warm popcorn

I thought you were making real food.” Yeoshin frowned at him; he just ignored her and lay flat on the couch, with his eyes on the screen.

Minuted later, Yeoshin took the bowl and placed between her thighs, Mark sighed, giving up an attempt to get his food back. Then he began to play with her hair.

Tuanniepoo?

“What?”

“Did you fix things with Jaehee?”

“We’re meeting for lunch later.” He replied half distractedly as the Stormtroopers appeared on the screen.

Good.” She replied as Mark tried to unsuccessfully braid her hair.

Mark?

What now, princess?” He asked snarkily, she chuckled before facing him.

I want breakfast. Make food now.” She blinked at him, Mark chuckled before standing up.

Yeoshin smiled and tailed after him, with her four dogs following.

“Bacon?” Mark asked as he padded towards the fridge.

Yassss.” She mused before lifting herself on the counter.

Remember when we graduated college? We were forced to fly to Santorini.” She opened up as she picked up an orange, Mark nodded and glanced at her.

You were down with flu that time.” He said as he walked to her and peeled the orange, Yeoshin nodded and started to chew on the fruit.

Maybe you should take Jaehee to Santorini, you know, just to…fix things.

I don’t know..” Mark trailed off as he took out ingredients from the fridge and faced her, Yeoshin fed him a piece of orange.

I’m sorry, Mark.

He froze and turned to her, Yeoshin was serious.

“I know things have been hard between you two, but….I…I honestly don’t know how to help. I mean, you’re stuck as I am. But I want things to be better for you two.” She said softly, Mark exhaled and walked back to her.

This was another side of Yeoshin that not a lot of people see.

“Don’t apologize, Shin. None of these is your fault.” He planted his palms on her knees.

“But Mark, if I didn’t get in an accident~”

If there’s one thing I’m thankful for that accident is it brought you home. It’s been a while since you came here and HanShin needs you.

She exhaled before wrapping her arms around his neck; Mark smiled and kissed her hair.

 

It’s okay to feel uncertain, Lex, but don’t apologize over things you can’t control.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++