Chapter 1

I Choose... Him

‘Knock knock.’

Veronica stops packing her stuffs and walks to the door. When she opens the door, she can see her brother with a happy face, smiling at her. Without saying anything, he pushes the door and enters the room.

“Hey, you haven’t finished packing yet? I need to go practice at 1 pm and its already 12.30pm”, complains Shownu while looking at his watch. “Calm down, I just woke up. Besides, I don’t have to bring too much clothes, right? It’s not like I can’t go home during weekends,” says Vero as she throws some of her favourite shirts and other stuffs into the bag. Unlike other girls at her age, she do not wear any make-up on her face yet she is still beautiful. Natural beauty people call it. She also wears simple clothes like pants, t-shirts, hoodies and one essential thing that she wears everyday that is snapback. She cares more about which snapback will she wear each day rather than thinking about her hairstyle.

Shownu shakes his head and tells her that living in the company’s dorm as a trainee is different than staying at the college dorm. “You cannot go back as you like. Besides, you will have to change your shirt at least twice during practice. You think you have time to do the laundry everyday?” nags Shownu. “Alright, ahjumma. Stop talking, I get it already. Now why don’t you help me packing all the snapbacks inside the cupboard. Just put all them inside this bag,” she says as she throws the bag to Shownu. “You’re crazy. Even Jooheon don’t have snapback this much,” mumbles Shownu as he starts packing all the snapbacks inside the bag. Vero is too busy folding her clothes and she does not listen to her brother’s voice. Inside her head, she is thinking about the decision she had made. She suddenly stops folding her clothes and looks at Shownu who is now staring at her with a questioning look.

“Do you think I made the right decision? I mean, it’s not like I’m regretting my decision but I’m almost done with my study and suddenly leave the college just to make my dream come true. If dad and mom are still alive, they will be so disappointed in me,” says Vero weakly and tears roll down on her cheeks. How she missed her parents. Her father was dead due to car accident four years ago. One year after the tragedy, her mother passed away due to liver cancer. It was the hardest time for a teenager like Vero but luckily she has Shownu who showers her with attention and love. Deep down inside, Vero is very thankful for having a brother like Shownu. Besides, Shownu is her role model. Watching Shownu who never gives up on his dream and finally became a singer makes her feel encouraged to chase her dream too. Luckily, she passed the audition for Starship Ent. and accepted to be a trainee.

“Vero, look at me.” Shownu places both of his hands on Vero’s cheeks and wipes the tears away. “Don’t you remember what father had told you back then? You own your life, not me, not anyone else but you. Do what you want to do and be what you want to be. We only live once, Vero. There is no second chance and you cannot turn back the time. Understand? YOLO,” he says while dancing to YOLO, Madtown’s song. Vero laughs and Shownu feels relieve to see his sister’s smile. Ten minutes later, they finished packing all Vero stuffs. Before Vero steps outside the house, she promises herself that she will be a successful artist and prove to everyone including herself that she will not regret her decision for choosing this path. “I can do it, fighting,” she whispers to herself and enters the car, leaving the house.

 

****************************************************************************************************************************************

Hello again, guys! So this is the first chapter, hope you like it <3 <3 <3