final

They are REAL

Section KC-12 was having a debate about beliefs. Mr. Choi their homeroom teacher wants to know what they believe and what they don't believe so it turned out like that. He has a draw box where two students will draw a topic. The first ones to go was Chen and Xiumin, they debated about the seven sins. Next was Key and Onew, they debated about Lucifer. Key and Onew's debate lasted for almost half of their time for the subject so the last pair that day was Zitao and Yifan. They both draw #7 which is about Angels and Demons.

Mr. Choi was looking forward to this since Zitao and Yifan were known as the duo. At first he even thought they're siblings. Yifan is 2 years older than Zitao. He was not held back; he was sick and was in a long leave. He got tutored Mr. Choi heard but when Zitao's parents decided to migrate to Korea, Yifan followed his best friend so they can live together. It took long before his papers were sent over so he ended up being on the same grade as Zitao.

They started really calm, just their usual bantering and fighting. Mr. Choi just watched. He said earlier that he won’t interfere on any debates until both sides are done and they reached an agreement on who was right and who was wrong. It was fine for at least 5 minutes, seems like Zitao woke up on the wrong side of the bed today and he’s not really in the good mood. Also, it seems like he has a strong attachments and beliefs about Angels and Demons so he’s taking every Yifan’s word personally.

“We literally grew up together Zitao. Have I ever told you about seeing an angel? I’ve never seen one so I don’t believe in them.” Kris argued for the 5th time.

“And you’ve seen Demons?” Zitao frowned.

“Yes. Kind of.” Yifan started. “Remember when you forgot your English homework and Mrs.Kim shamed you in front of the class? That night you cried at home and told me she’s a demon.” He suddenly looked at Mr. Choi. “Sir, please don’t tell Mrs. Kim we said that or we’ll be in serious trouble.” He said. Mr. Choi smiled at him.

“Don’t worry~ when I was a student; I called a lot of my teachers’ demon too. Never thought I’ll be one myself.” He assured Yifan.

“No one ever thought you’re a demon though. Everyone sees you as a Greek God.” Yifan said. Mr. Choi looks like he wants to hear more but then he remembered that they’re in a middle of something.

“I’ll hear about that later Yifan. For now please pay attention to Zitao. He looks like he has a lot to say.” He smiled at Zitao who’s already pouting because he was ignored for a little while there. “Please continue.” He gestured to them. Zitao nods then he turned to Yifan again.

“That’s not the point. We’re talking about Angels and Demons here. The real ones. You know?? Those good creatures with Wings and halos and the bad ones with tails and horns?” Zitao said. Yifan sighs.

“I got that Taozi” Mr. Choi unconsciously smiled at the name. “I know what we’re debating about. What I want you to understand is; People see what they want to see and believe what they want to believe. Angels and Demons might be or might not be real but I’ve never seen one so I don’t believe.”

“Well I’ve seen one. You know about it right? I’ve seen one so you need to believe.” Zitao persuades Yifan.

“I’ll believe when I see one myself.” Yifan answered looking troubled and all. “We’re all different individuals with different beliefs so I don’t really think any of these topics matters. In the end we’ll all have different opinions.”

“Then what about the others? How come they’re able to reach an agreement? They have different opinions too at first.” Zitao pointed at the first ones who debated before them.

“There’s a very good explanation to that.” Yifan said.

“And what is that?” Zitao asked.

“They’re not as stubborn as you.” Yifan said with a teasing smirk.

With that one last blow from him, the bell rang. Zitao sits down with a pout, defeated. He cannot say anything back to that because he himself knows that he’s stubborn. That’s the advantage of having childhood friend, they know you too well. Sometimes they even know you better than you know yourself.

Everyone waited before going ballistic. Mr. Choi is still there after all. Yifan sits down too but not without patting Zitao’s (who’s obviously sulking) head first. Mr. Choi and some of their classmates who saw the action smiled. Zitao is really spoiled by Yifan.

“Good Job everyone. We will continue this debate tomorrow. Don’t lose your numbers coz it’ll be your topic.” He said with a smile. “Okay y’all dismissed. Go eat your lunch now.” When everyone is already making a mess, Mr. Choi called ZItao and Yifan. “You two did great. Never stop defending for what you believe but know your limits okay?” he said before completely leaving the room.

After that, Tao is all smiles. Truth to be told, Mr. Choi Minho is one hard man to impress but they did it. They’re able to get the man’s recognition and they’re able to entertain him. For Zitao it’s a big deal because Mr. Choi is one of his favorite teachers.

“Let’s go eat.” Yifan pulled him.

“Can we eat in the classroom? It’s too hot today. I don’t want to eat on the rooftop.” Zitao whines.

“Wanna eat near the pool?” the older asked as he stops walking, waiting for Zitao’s answer.

“We’re allowed to go there?” the younger asked.

“Of course, it’s open to everyone.” Yifan smiled.

“Okay then let’s go.” Zitao said.

“Let’s hurry I want to tell you a secret.” The older excitedly said as he pulls Zitao with him.

When they arrived at the pool, no one’s there. It’s completely deserted. Yifan took off his shoes and rolled up his pants so Zitao did the same. They both excitedly dipped their feet on the water. It felt nice and they both exaggerated their reactions by grunting a lot.

“So?” Zitao asked with a very intrigued expression. “What’s your secret?”

“It’s about this whole Angel and Demons thing.” He said as he opens their lunchboxes. He passed one to Zitao.

“Whatever you say I still believe in them.” He said as he accepts his lunchbox.

“I know. It’s not like I’ll ask you to stop believing in them.” He chuckles.

“Then what?” Zitao asked in a grumpy tone.

“about that part earlier….”

“What part?” he asked when Yifan hesitated, a LOT.

“The part where I said I’ve never seen an angel before?” he scratched the back of his head.

“……what about it?” the younger asked nervously. When Yifan didn’t answer after a while, Zitao suddenly puts his hands on his mouth with a shocked expression. “Don’t tell me you’ve actually seen one!!????”

“Well…..” Yifan took his phone out of his pocket and starts sliding his long finger on the screen while Zitao is watching him nervously.

“Don’t tell me you have a picture of it too????” Zitao asked. Yifan just looked at him with a smile before turning back to his phone. “You were able to capture it??” he starts tugging Yifan’s sleeves in excitement.

“Found it!” the announced.

“Lemme see!!!!” Zitao pulled Yifan’s mobile phone so he can see it himself. He wants to confirm it. Earlier when they’re debating and he said he has seen an angel, it was true, but, Yifan didn’t believe him. No one did, they all said it was just a light that passed by or it’s just his imagination but he never stopped believing what he saw was a real angel.

He was so excited the picture Yifan was about to show him but to his surprise, instead of a picture ofan angel, it was a picture of him sleeping peacefully. Zitao doesn’t recognize it; he doesn’t know when the picture was taken. He looks super tired but peaceful. Still, his frown deepened coz he’s expecting a picture of an angel so where is it?

“wha..”

“Sorry I lied.” Yifan smiled at him. “I’ve seen an angel once or twice before.” His smile widens.

It took Zitao a while before he finally gets what Yifan was talking about. And when he does, he cannot do anything but blush because Yifan is staring at him with a very cute smile plastered on his handsome face.