Prologue

Lion Heart.

(The picture above is Woolim Land. Picture NOT mine.)

Italic= flashback. PLOT TWIST AT THE END!

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye" - H. Jackson Brown, Jr.


"My Dear King, Kim Jongin, you can close your'e eyes if you want to" Says the queen, who is holding the old man's hand. She knew he was going to die soon, she knew he was going to be gone in any second now. The King coughed but still didn't close his eyes. He looked at the young queen and smiled.

 

"My Dear Queen, Im Yoona, ring the bell. I'm going to make a final speech before I die" The King said, looking out of the window that was close to the bed.

 

"Make sure to bring the young prince" The Quenn, Yoona nodded, swallowing back her sobs and getting up. 

 

She then proceed to the play room where the young prince was. Knocking on the door she heard alot of screaming. She opened the door to see the young prince playing with the handmade doll that she made for him. 

 

"Nooo! Mr. Hunckle! You do not do that to Mr. Harry! That's mean!" The young princed screamed at the doll that he was playing. Yoona crouched down to the boy's level, patting his hair. 

 

"Mommy! Look! Mr. Harry is being mean to Mr. Hunckle!" The young prince says, pointing to the doll. Yoona smiled.

 

"Why baby?"

 

"He started teasing Mr. Harry about how small he is! That's really mean like daddy said! Teasing is mean!" Yoona smiled but her eyes started to water once again when she heard the word "Daddy" . 

 

"That's really mean, Mr Hunckle!" Yoona says, playfully hitting the doll on the head. The young boy smiled.

 

"Ha! Told you that was mean!" The young prince says. Yoona suddenly held his hand making the young prince stop of what he was doing.

 

"Honey, the king asked for me to ring the bell. But I am not strong enough to do it! So can you, the strong little prince, do it?" The young boy jumped form his seat and kept nodding while jumping. Yoona laughed and held the prince  hand. Walking to the huge balcony where they usually held their announcements. Yoona opened the door to see the king, already in his chair looking sick but with a full smile. 

 

Since the young prince was too short, he stood on the tip of his toes then reached up to the rope that was connected to the bell. Atlast, the bell rand, alerting the whole town. All people stopped their work and rushed towards the entrance of the castle. People were noisy as they filed in the entrance.

 

"Look at the king! He's really sick!"

 

"When I was sick I didn't smiled like that!"

 

"Guess our highness is strong! I praise him for doing that!"

 

"Silence!" Says the guard at the entrance. This made the poeple quiet down a little bit. After the entrance is full, the king stood up with the held of Yoona.

 

"Greetings my fellow *cough* *cough*" The king stopped his sentence as he coughed out painfully. 

 

"Honey you can sit down" Yoona says, aproaching the king while holding his hand. The young prince tuggged the king's arm.

 

"Daddy, please sit down" The young prince forwned. He knew that his fahter was sick, but he always finishes his sentences before coughing or eating again. He knew the king was already weak but he still stood up despite being weak. The king looked down and patted the boys head, with a sad smile. 

 

"Such a great king! He might be weak but he will still smile!"

 

"I know right! I wonder what will happen if he's gone!"

 

"If he's gone, I'm going to cry alot!" 

 

"Attention everyone! I have an announcement! *cough* *cough* I- *cough* Kim- ARGH!"  His chest tighented. His whole world started to go dark. Before he knew it he fell on the ground, coughing out blood. He knew this was the end.

 

"Kim Jongin!"

 

"Daddy!"

 

"The King!"

 

"Oh no! Someone call the healer!" 

 

People were pushing, some even fell. Yoona then held Jongin's hand, placing his head on her legs. The prince held his father's hand, tears were streaming down his cheeks as he looked at his father. 

 

"Call the healer now!" Yoona says to a maid and the maid took off running as fast as possible. The guards picked up the king while Yoona held the young prince.

 

"Daddy is going to die mommy! Oh mommy! please don't let him die! please!" The sobbing prince says, hugging his mother who was also crying. 

 

"Don't worry my young myungsoo, daddy is going to be okay" Yoona then held myungsoo's hand and quietly walked to the king's room where the guards had placed Jongin. Opening the door, they both saw the old healer woman giving Jongin some water. 

 

"He doesn't have much time" The old woman says to Yoona.

 

"How much longer can he live?"

 

"I think only for today" The old woman says before looking at the prince. She exmained the young prince looking at his features.

 

"A young girl who had an incident with fire" She says, unintentionally. Myungsoo and Yoona looked at her weirdly. 

 

"What?" The old woman looked away.

 

"It's nothing" she says before getting her bag. 

 

"Thank you so much" Yoona says, bowing to the old woman. 

 

"Welcome my young quenn. I suggest today, you may say goodbyes to the king" The old woman also bowed to Yoona and left. The prince then crawled to his father and held his hand. The king smiled.

 

"My young boy, you have grown so well *cough* *cough*" 

 

"Daddy, please don't speak, you have to last longer!" The boy sobbed, fresh new tears were falling. Jongin wiped them away and carresed the boy's cheek.

 

"My young Myunsoo *cough* can you please grab a pen and a paper at my desk?" The boy nodded, hurriedly grabbing a piece of paper and a pen form the desk. He then presented it to his father.  His father then started writting, Myungsoo tried to read or even understand what his father was writting but he couldn't understand the hand writting since Jongin's was in cursive. After a few minutes Jongin then signed the letter and then folded it. 

 

"My young boy, present this to the mailman, say that he is going to deliever it to the town hall" The boy nodded and ran out of the room. Running out of the castle, he started to find the mailman. He sreached all over the castle to find him on the gate, collecting the mail that is going tobe send. He ran towards him.

 

"Mr. Mailman! Mr. Mailman!" The boy shouted as he ran towards to the mailman. The mailman stopped then smiled at the boy. 

 

"Hello, dear prince! What may I do to you today?" The young prince then handed the paper.

 

"Daddy says you are going to deliver it to the town hall!" The mailman eyes went wide.

 

"Oh! I must go now! I better hurry! Goodbye young prince!" The mail man says, putting the paper on his sack then started running. The prince waved and then shouted a goodbye. He then started to walk to the castle, he then heard screams. He then frowned before walking back to Jongin's room. 

 

There he saw a memory he could never forget. 

 

A memory that will haunt him until eternity.

 

His father is pale and not breathing.

 

His mother, holding his hand, blood all over her dress.

 

A bloody sword on the ground.

 

"M-mommy? D-daddy?" He then walked closer and shooked his mother's soulder.

 

"M-mommy? a-are you okay?" He then looked at his mother's chest. A deep cut on her left chest where the heard was. The boy's stood there in shock, tears were overflowing form his eyes. 

 

"D-daddy?" He went to his father's side and shooked his shoulder but neither did move. 

 

"D-daddy? wake up? Mommy i-is h-hurt!" The boy started shaking the shoulder a little bit more at a fast pace. But still neither of them both woke up.

 

"Daddy? Mommy? Please wake up please!" He says going to his mother side, not caring if her blood was stainning the outfit of the boy.

 

"Mommy? Daddy? please wake up! I don't like this game anymore!" The young princce sobbed into his mother's side, holding the entwined hands of both of his parents. But still, no one was waking up. The boy thought this was all a game. The boy thought they were just acting, just to scare him. 

 

"Young prince! step aside!" The guard then pulled him away form his parents. 

 

"No let me go! Please! Mommy! Daddy! Their hurting me!" The young prince kicked, pucnhed and did everything to get away from the guard. People, from maids to the guards to the healers started to file in the room. 

 

In a faint voice Myungsoo could hear;

 

"The King has declared that his son, the prince, is going to be the king of Woolim in the age of 25!"

 


Author's Note:

Hello my dear fellow readers! You have been waiting for a chapter and I gave it to you! I GAVE YOU A PLOT TIWST RIGHT? You all thought that the king is only going to die, but then I thought that wouldn't be even more like feeling there to it if the quenn also died? Yeah thats the worst plot twist ever right? I'm sorry for all the grammar mistakes, ENGLISH AIN'T NO MY STYLE XD Just kidding. lol xD If you don't really understand the prologue, I'm going to do better with the other chapters and You may expect no update on Oct. 10-15 because I have my exams to take and that week is going to be hell. Anyways thanks guys for reading, be sure to SUBSCRIBE, COMMENT AND UPVOTE =) I WILL LOVE YOU IF YOU GIVE ME THAT XD