Superman

Of school bus and Paris

Eight years old;

 

The sound of siren was heard throughout the neighborhood, signaling that the bus was near. Adults, mostly parents, started coming out of their houses along with their kids and waited for the bus to arrive, so it could fetch their kids to school. Not too long after, a yellow school bus came into view. All the kids got inside, and there stood Wonwoo, a young boy dressed in an a-little-too-big sweater with his small fists tucked beneath the sleeves, looking for a vacant seat. To his luck, Wonwoo saw an empty seat and quickly strode towards it. Next to it sat an also young boy, probably around his age or younger, he couldn't really tell. He was reading the comics section of the newspaper, quietly enjoying himself. Hearing Wonwoo's footsteps, the boy looked up. Wonwoo gave him a shy smile and gently spoke,

 

''Do you mind if I sit here?'' The boy continued to look at Wonwoo for a moment and smiled back, muttering a small 'go ahead' as he went back to reading his newspaper. Wonwoo sat down and silently observed him. He had slightly brown hair, a little bit chubby but in a nice way kind of face, and those dimples that came into view whenever he smiled while reading his comics. He was dressed in a pair of grey jeans and a t-shirt with a picture of some superheroes on it. With one last look at his direction, Wonwoo turned back and smiled softly to himself as the bus continued its journey to their school.

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

''Yay, I finally made it!'' Wonwoo looked hapily at his own cookies. It was during the cooking class, his favorite. He grinned proudly at his own achievement and curiously looked over to the other side of the room and much to his surprise, Wonwoo saw the boy from the bus earlier. He was spraying some whipped cream onto his cookies, only to make a mess out of it. Wonwoo chuckled to himself as the boy sighed in what could be described as discontent mixed with annoyance. 'He's actually quite cute.' Wonwoo thought and went back to working on his other cookies.

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

The teacher was showing the kids a movie. Wonwoo was silently watching, his small eyes focused on the screen until he felt a presence next to him. He turned around just to meet with a pair of captivating eyes. He might have been staring for a little bit too long because before he knew it, the sound of fingers-snapping was heard, and he was brought back to reality.

 

''Hey, my name is Mingyu. Kim Mingyu.'' There he was, the one and only cause of Wonwoo's malfunctioning. The boy he met at the bus this morning reached out his hand in front of Wonwoo, offering a handshake. Too flustered to give a proper response, Wonwoo nodded and quietly muterred under his breath.

 

''I'm Wonwoo. Jeon Wonwoo.'' Mingyu flashed him a warm smile and sat down next to him. They talked and got to know lots of things about each other. That was how Wonwoo found out that Mingyu is actually the same age as him. He also discovered that the boy is very fond of dogs and likes to eat meat; all happened while the moving was still playing.

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

The kids in their class were asked to act on stage at the school auditorium. Each was told to choose any characters they liked. Wonwoo, after a long 'discussion' with Mingyu, plus a box of his and Mingyu's favorite chocolate cookies, decided to go with acting as an angel. As for Mingyu, he chose to act as an astronaut. After their performances were done, the kids were told to go up to the stage and received praises from the teachers and such. 

 

''Wow, you're so tall. You're even taller than me.'' Wonwoo exclaimed in amusement as he looked at Mingyu. The both of them were currently picking their props after the performances. The latter grinned and gave him a pat on the head. 

''It's a good thing. I'm taller than you, so I'll be your superman and protect you from the bad guys.'' said Mingyu. Wonwoo childishly stomped his feet on the floor and argued,

''But I'm older than you! I'm supposed to be the one to protect you!'' Mingyu chuckled heartily at the boy's words and continued picking up their props and putting them into the bags. 

''Sure, for like a few months or something, whatever floats your boat.'' With that, they both giggled and finished their task.

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

They were at the neighborhood playground. Mingyu and Wonwoo watched as the other kids ran around and played with each other. They two of them were currently sitting on a swing next to each other, their little feet kicking down at the sand. 

 

''Here, have this.'' Wonwoo said as he handed Mingyu one of his sandwiches. The boy grinned, took the sandwich, and starting munching on it happily. 

 

''Do you think we'll always be happy like right now?'' Wonwoo suddenly asked out of the blue. The questioned boy thoughtfully looked at him then his face broke into a genuine smile. Mingyu grabbed Wonwoo's hand and proceeded to intertwine it with his own. He then started swinging them back and forth. The action caused Wonwoo to look up at him in confusion, most likely wondering why the boy did not answer his question and started swinging their hands instead. 

 

''Listen, Wonwoo. I cannot promise you that we wil always be happy like right now forever, but I, Kim Mingyu, promise that I will do anything and everything to make you happy no matter what becomes of me. Do you understand?'' He finished and stared straight into Wonwoo's eyes, his dark orbs piercing through Wonwoo's soul. 

 

''Promise?'' The small eyed boy nodded and held out his pinky.

 

''Promise.'' They linked their pinkies together and laughed, enjoying each other's company.

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

''It's so noisy here.'' Wonwoo whined and covered his ears in frustration. They were currently in their music class, and since the kids were playing with the musical instruments, it's not hard to guess the cause of his annoyance. Mingyu chuckled at his friend's discomfort. He grabbed Wonwoo's wrist and dragged him to the corner of the classroom which wasn't as noisy. They settled down on the floor as the brown haired boy brought something from behind his back. It was a small wooden guitar.

 

''I'll play this to entertain you, so you wouldn't feel so annoyed and decide to murder someone later.'' Mingyu said and started playing some random song. Wonwoo looked attentively at the boy as he played. After awhile, he took a break.

 

''Wow, you're pretty good at this.'' Wonwoo grinned widely and gave Mingyu two big thumbs up. Mingyu only smiled at him in return and started playing again as Wonwoo watched him with those visible sparks and affection in his eyes that could not be hidden.

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

Their class was watching a movie again today. As the movie progressed, it only got more and more boring to Wonwoo. He yawned and used his frail arms to wipe the tears coming out of his eyes. Mingyu poked his side, and he turned to look at him. He motioned Wonwoo to keep silent and quietly led him through the door out of the class. They walked around the hallway and accidentally stumbled across the storage room. In curiosity, they went inside and were greeted by a peaceful sight. The room was surprisingly clean for a storage room and quiet, too. The boys went to the shelf and gasped in excitement. 

 

''I found some blankets here. Let's build a fort!'' And so, a blanket fort was built. The two of them were currently lying next to each other inside the fort, randomly talking about things.

 

''You know, Wonwoo,'' Mingyu spoke up, and the boy hmm-ed in response. ''You should smile more often. You look beautiful when you smile.'' He continued.

 

''But I only want to smile for you.'' Wonwoo childishly pouted, and together, they bursted into a fit of laughter.

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

It was a Sunday afternoon, and Mingyu was chilling on the bench at his little garden located at the back of his house. The small boy then took something out of his pocket. It was a wooden toy phone. On the surface, presumably the screen, was a drawing of a small boy with his hair painted black. Underneath it, the word 'WONWOO' was written. Mingyu looked at it and smiled.

 

 

''I miss you, Wonwoo. How are you today? What are you doing? Did you sleep well? Have you eaten?'' He said to the toy, as if he was really speaking of the phone with the said boy. He sighed and slumped down onto the table in discouragement. ''I miss you so much, Wonwoo.'' He muttered. Little did he know, at a house several blocks aways from his, an eight-year-old boy was feeling exactly the same thing.

 

''I miss you, Mingyu.''

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

One day, Mingyu was asked to meet up with Wonwoo at their school garden. Wonwoo was sitting on a bench, gazing into the distance when he arrived. Making his presence known, he voiced out a small 'hey'.

 

''I brought a matt. Let's lie down here.'' Wonwoo said. And so, they spread the matt onto the green grass and laid down next to each other. It was quiet, no one spoke a word. ''I'm moving to Paris tomorrow.'' said Wonwoo.

 

''Oh, really? When are you coming back?'' Though he tried to keep it normal, there was a hint of sadness in Mingyu's tone. Sensing it, Wonwoo gently squeezed his arm and continued. 

 

''I don't know. Maybe days, months, or worse, years.'' They stayed quiet again, only the sound of the wind brushing against the leaves was heard.

 

''I brought 'The Notebook'.'' Mingyu said and motioned the Wonwoo to rest his head across his laps, so he could start reading him the book. ''I love you. I am who I am because of you. You are every reason, every hope, and every dream I've ever had, and no matter what happens to us in the future, everyday we are together are the greatest days of my life. I will always be yours.'' He was gently running his hand through Wonwoo's hair. His dark hair felt so soft on his hand, and he liked it.

 

''I'll miss you a lot, Wonwoo.'' He said. Wonwoo looked up at his face. A drop of tear slipped out of his eyes and traveled down his pale face.

 

''I'll miss you, too, Mingyu. So much.'' With that being said, Mingyu leaned down and placed his lips on Wonwoo's forehead as they bid eah other silent goodbyes. 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

Twelve years later;

 

It was that time of the year again. It was Christmas. Snow was everywhere all over the place. Along the road were couples and families, joyfully enjoying their time together with their loved ones. The now 20-year-old Wonwoo, cladded in an oversized sweater with both of his palms tucked beneath the sleeves, was walking alone, heading towards The Eiffel Tower. That's where he'll be spending his Christmas evening at. He had originally planned on just staying at home, but due to boredom, Wonwoo decided to come out of his shell to get some fresh air. Arrived at his destination, Wonwoo sat down on a bench, took out a book, and started reading. It was 'The Notebook', the same book from twelve years ago, the last gift Wonwoo got from him. Suddenly, he broke into a big smile. He had reached that particular part of the book. Wonwoo then read it out loud.

 

''I love you. I am who I am because of you. You are every reason, every hope, and every dream I've ever had, and-''

 

''-no matter what happens to us in the future, everyday we are together is the greatest day of my life. I will always be yours.'' A familiar voice finished the sentences. A voice that Wonwoo has been continuously longing to hear again for twelve years, a voice he could never ever forget. Wonwoo was lost. He was stunned, he was in shock. 'What is this?' He thought. It felt too heavenly to be real. 'It can't be, can it?' He turned around, and the novel fell from his hand. A tall figure bent down and picked it up. The person then proceeded to hand to Wonwoo. A surprised look was plastered on his face as he looked at the tall frame in front of him with his mouth opened. The person only chuckled heartily in return and gave a warm, sincere smile that warmed up every frozen nerve in Wonwoo's body.

 

 

''Hello there, Jeon Wonwoo. We finally meet again. I see you're still shorter than me, but it's okay. That makes it easier for me to protect you.'' The person in front of Wonwoo said, eyes litting up in amusement as he took in the surprised look and incoherent words that came out of Wonwoo's mouth. 

 

''Y-you, you can't b-be-'' Wonwoo struggled as he tried to get each word out of his mouth. 

 

''I know you're very happy to see me. For your information, I am just as happy as you are. So, let me introduce myself once again. Hello there, Jeon Wonwoo. My name is Kim Mingyu, and I am here to protect you and be your very own superman.'' Mingyu said and in the blink of an eye, he leaned down to Wonwoo's level and placed a soft kiss on the Wonwoo's lips. Wonwoo's eyes widened. His natural instinct caused him to try to pull away, but Mingyu was faster. He pulled Wonwoo closer and wrapped his arms around the shorter male, deepening the kiss. After a moment of resistance, Wonwoo finally gave in and kissed back, allowing their tongues to meet. The kiss was slow and passionate. They embraced each other as if to say sorry and make up for all these years of being apart. After sometime, they both pulled away to breathe. Wonwoo looked up only to find Mingyu staring at him as well. They stood in silent, still looking at each other with no words being exchanged. There wasn't tension, it was a comfortable silence. Finally, both boys broke into a wide smile and laughed.

 

''Welcome back into my life, Kim Mingyu. I hope you'll enjoy your stay.'' Wonwoo said and pulled Mingyu in for another breathtaking kiss. It was and has always been Mingyu, Jeon Wonwoo's Kim Mingyu. His Mingyu. 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

Sooooooooooooo it happened

I'm such a for meanie i can't even

I hope y'all enjoyed this as much as i did

Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeee