final

roommates

yoonstal – roommates

 

**

 

After successfully carrying her bags in the front door Yoona grinned widely to herself. This is it! She’s finally going to college and she’s just so excited about it. Her unnies told her a lot of stories when they were in college and she can’t wait to try them all by herself. She was about to knock when she heard her phone ring.

 

“Unnie?”

“Yoongie-yah?! Are you there yet? Have you seen your dormitory? What do you think?” her unnie asked excitedly in the phone

“Neh I’m standing in front of it now unnie.”

“Have you met your roommate? Did you make friends already? That’s an all girls dorm so don’t worry!”

“Neh unnie.”

 

“Im Yoona?” an old lady with her eyeglasses on walked towards Yoona.

 

“Unnie I’ll call you later okay?”

“Okay take care dongsaeng! Love you!”

 

“Neh ahjumma.” She politely bowed

“Oh come on in so you can unpack your things already! I’m Mrs. Lee by the way you’re unnie and I made your arrangement here last week.” Mrs. Lee seemed nice so Yoona followed her while bringing her luggage.

 

“Here is your room.” Mrs. Lee gave Yoona her key “I’m at the first floor so if you need anything just tell me okay?” Mrs. Lee said before she left.

 

YOONA

 

It’s my first time here in the dorm because it was my Yuri unnie who went to find this and made arrangements with Mrs. Lee I think she’s really nice though (Mrs. Lee) and the dorm looks cool. It has 3 floors and I’m on the second one. I looked at the two beds and I wondered when will I meet my roommate though? Is she nice? I hope so.

 

//

 

I woke up when my alarm started ringing I still don’t have class till next week but my unnie said I should familiarized the university and the place so she sent me off a week earlier. I got up from my bed and was surprised to see a blonde girl standing in front of the bathroom door.

 

“Good Morning?!” I greeted as I walked towards my cabinet

“Morning.” She greeted back

 

I looked at her again and noticed that she’s really cute. I don’t know why but I feel a smile creeping on my face.

 

“I..Im Yoona by the way.” I smiled

“Krystal Jung.” She said with a shy smile

 

Man she’s cute!

 

--

 

Okay so I wasn’t able to go to the university that day because I spent it talking to Krystal.

 

#NoRegrets

 

HAHAHA!

 

//

 

“So you’re also a freshman right?” I asked her when we were talking one night.

“Yes.”

 

Actually even though we have known each other for just a few days I learned a lot of stuffs about her. Like how she loves aesthetic things (she must’ve love herself so much right?) and her hatred for cucumbers and apples I find it really cute.

 

“It’s almost 7pm I think dinner is ready.” I said to her when I glanced at my watch “Come on so we can eat already.”

“I’ll eat later Yoona.” She politely refused.

“Are you sure? Do you like me to bring one for you instead?”

“I’m fine Yoong I’ll go down later.”

 

“Okay I’ll be fast so you won’t be alone here then.”

“Okay.”

 

//

 

“School’s about to start are you excited for it?” I asked her one night.

“Kind of.” She smiled then looked at me.

 

I don’t know why but I suddenly just felt wobbly in the knees. I’ve never felt like this before just because they’re smiling at me. It’s weird but I think I do have the slightest infatuation with her.

 

“Why are you smiling like that?” she asked breaking me off my trance

“Have I told you that you’re really beautiful?” I saw her face blushed a little.

 

Did I really made her blushed? OH MY GAHD.

 

She’s so effin cute!

 

“Stop kidding around Yoona.” She giggled before getting up my bed “I’ll sleep we have school tomorrow.”

“Goodnight Krystal.”

“Goodnight Im Yoona.”

 

//

 

The next day when I woke up Krystal was already gone. I was a bit disappointed because I thought we’ll go to school together. Maybe she has an earlier class than me?

 

“Yoona have your breakfast first.” Mrs. Lee said when I got down

“Okay Mrs. Lee.”

 

--

 

My day went on fast without seeing Krystal at school. I was looking forward on going home because that would only mean that I’ll talk to Krystal. I wonder how her day went by? Did she have fun? I hope she did because I had fun in my classes.

 

“Krystal?” I called when I entered our shared room.

 

 I saw her already seating on the edge of her bed while reading a book. I smiled as I put my bag down on my table. “I didn’t see you in school.” I started “How was your day?” she looked and smiled at me

“How was your day? Did you make friends already?” she put her book down so she could look at me clearly.

 

Why is she so beautiful?

 

“I did have fun but I was actually expecting to bump into you and yeah I didn’t.” I shrugged my shoulders.

“So tell me about your day.” She said with a big smile on her face “I wanna know.” and just like that I told her about my day.

 

My day ended better than I thought.

 

//

 

I woke up earlier than usual and saw Krystal about to leave.

 

“Krystal?” I called and she stopped on the door.

“Yoona?” she looked at me

“You’re leaving already?” I can’t hide the disappointment in my voice

“I have to pass by a friend first sorry.” I got up from my bed and walked towards her.

“Am I gonna see you at school today?” I asked

“I hope so.” She smiled then hugged me all of a sudden “I gotta go now bye Im Yoona.”

 

I wasn’t able to answer for I was still processing what just happened! She hugged me!?

I felt chills run up my spine when she hugged me.

 

“B..bye Krystal.”

 

//

 

“Yoona good morning come here first I want you to meet someone.” Mrs. Lee called me when I was going down the stairs. I followed her in the kitchen and saw a girl already seated on the dining table. She looked at me and smiled. I also smiled back. “Yoona this is your roommate Crystal.” I suddenly felt that my heart started beating faster than usual.

“Roommate?”

“I’m Crystal hi! I’m sorry I was supposed to be here last week but we had a problem with my plane ticket so I had to book another one.” She said while smiling.

“Can you help her up in your room Yoona?”

“Ne..neh.”

 

I don’t know what to feel.

Who was that girl?

Krystal Jung?

Was I imagining things? Are all those imaginations?

 

“Are you okay Yoona?” Crystal asked me when we got inside. I looked at the room and it was empty. I didn’t bother checking the cabinets last time so I did it now. There weren’t any things there and the bed was as new as I walked in here.

 

Were all those just dreams?

 

“I..i’m okay.” I answered “Are you like okay here? i.. I need to go now.” she nodded and then I got out of the room.

 

I feel goosebumps whenever I think of what happened and I don’t even know what just happened?! I sighed loudly while ruffling my hair in frustration!

 

Krystal Jung where are you?!

 

//

 

“You’re Yoona right?” a tall girl approached me while chewing a snickers bar.

“Ye..yeah?” I answered

“I’m Choi Sooyoung we’re dormmates!” she sat beside me and offered me her chocolate but I refused.

 

“I saw you the first day you moved in.” she said “Have you met your roommate?”

“Yes.”

 

We stayed silent till I decided to ask her a question. “How long have you been in that dorm?”

“3 years now.” she answered then she looked at me “Did something happen to you? like weird stuffs? On and off lighting? Something like that?”

 

I sighed before looking at her. “I.. I met this girl Krystal Jung as she told me her name and she’s in my room so I assumed she was my roommate.” she nodded “It’s weird because everything felt normal, we talked and all and then earlier I woke up and she was about to leave so I asked her where she’s going and then yeah she left and the next thing I knew I have a new roommate whose name is also Crystal.”

 

We felt silent then she munched on her chocolate. “Actually I saw you on your room talking alone.” I felt all the hair on my body rise up. “At first I thought you were just talking on the phone or something so I ignored it.” I nodded “Then it was dinner time and you got down, everybody else was done and I was about to finish when you got there Mrs. Lee asked you what would you like and you said anything just without cucumbers and apples for you said that Krystal doesn’t like it.” I can remember it clearly “I thought Crystal was already there but I asked Mrs. Lee the next day and she said that Crystal’s still on Jeju.” She looked at me and put a hand on my shoulders. “Sorry buddy but Krystal Jung is already dead.”

 

I felt a cold wind touch my skin when Sooyoung told me that.

 

Krystal Jung is dead.

 

I was talking to a dead person.

 

I liked a dead person.

 

I yearned to see a dead person.

 

“The locked room next to yours was Krystal Jung’s room. From the stories I heard she was a sophomore student when she met her boyfriend. They were inlove and all but one day Krystal found out that the guy was cheating on her and she was just a bet. Krystal was so brokenhearted she killed herself.”

 

How can she just do that?

 

Why Krystal?

 

“The guy told her that she won’t even care if Krystal killed herself and yeah the next thing they knew Krystal was lifeless on her bed.”

“How long has it been?”

“It’s been 10 years now.”

 

--

 

I was lying on my bed staring at the ceiling with the thoughts of Krystal Jung. I should be scared but I don’t feel any fear instead I badly want to hug her and tell her that it’s okay. I felt that Crystal already closed her lamp indicating she’s going to sleep soon. I tried closing my eyes but all I can see is Krystal. Her long blonde hair, her hazel brown eyes, the way she smiles and how beautiful she looks like.

 

The way she laughs and damn I can hear her voice clearly.

 

Why’d you do this to me Krystal Jung?

 

--

 

“Yoona Yoona.” I heard someone whisper in my ear. I slowly opened my eyes only to see Krystal Jung on the edge of my bed smiling so sweetly at me.

 

If her smiles could melt I would be a puddle of mess right now.

 

“Krystal?” I asked and she moved closer to me hushing me “Is..is it really you?” I saw her smile again

“It’s me.” I moved over to give her space in the bed.

“Where’d you go?” I asked but she didn’t answer me instead she lied down on the bed with me.

I felt cold.

Her body was cold but I didn’t care. I want her close to me.

“It’s not important.” she answered while my cheek. I closed my eyes as her fingers touched my skin.

 

We stayed like that for I don’t know how long until she moved closer to cuddle me. I put my arms over her to hug her also.

 

“Are you gonna stay?”

“If only I could.” She mumbled “I’m sorry.”

“It’s okay you’re here.” I answered with a sleepy voice.

“Sleep.” She said and I nodded

“Will you be here when I wake up?”

“I’m afraid I can’t.”

 

I opened my eyes and stared at her face as if memorizing every inch of it. I started caressing her cheek as if it’s the last time I’ll be able to touch it.

 

“Krystal Jung.” I said glancing at her beautiful face one more time

“Hmm”

 

 

"I like you." I saw her smile before I closed my eyes. The next thing I felt were her lips touching my forehead. 

 

**

 

because who doesn't like yoonkrys?!! hahahaha.