Socks throwed

Socks

Gongchan ran after Babysoul in the school hall.

Babysoul turned around.
"Stop following me."
Gongchan smiled shyly. I wanted to give you your pen back.
Babysoul looked flustered. "Oh" her hair fell in front of her face as she took the pen from him.
"Thanks." She said shortly.
"So see you then?" He said touching his neck.
"Huh? See where? We don't have any class together. Just this workshop." She said.
"No I mean..OK never mind." He smiled halfheartedly.
She turned around when her hair slapped his face. His breathing stopped for a second.
He smiled foolishly to himself. His friend Baro came out of the corner and patted him on the back. "Okay atleast you said something after one year." He said.
Gongchan's heart was beating so fast. He had this crush on Babysoul since the first time he saw her in the library. It was a year back. It was his final year in the university. He also knew he was going to Babysoul's class today as the exam invigilator. 
Babysoul's other name was Soojung, which her friends called her. He wanted to call her Soojung but only her close friends seem to call her that. 
 
Babysoul frantically flipped the pages because she was nervous. She had studied well so there was no reason to do badly. She was very tensed she didn't know why.
"Come on, it's already late." Her friend Kei pulled her hand. She want inside the exam hall.
Gongchan was arranging the papers and waiting for her. She stopped at the doorway, glanced at him. She immediately looked down because she didn't behave very nicely with him. She tried to hide behind Kei. 
Their professor was writing the exam start and end time on the board. Her heart was beating hard. She needed to well at any cost. Her cgpa was decreasing day by day. She felt ashamed. She felt she no control over her result no matter how much effort she gave.
Gongchan began to distribute the scripts. Babysoul looked at him when he was handing the paper. He looked serious.
As she was halfway through the exam, she felt confident. Gongchan came and stood behind her. She felt cautious. She felt like she couldn't write.
Why was she getting so cautious? She though annoyed.
He moved away and she let out a deep sigh of relief. She finished her exam well and felt confident.
As Gongchan was collecting her paper at the end, he looked at her and smiled. She smiled back and wanted to kick herself for doing that. She always hated it when juniors flirted with the seniors. He looked at her script and his eyebrows furrowed.
"Hey you did the rough work at the question paper. You were instructed to show them in the main script."
"Will they deduct marks for this?" She stood up.
"Yes but go and talk to your professor. See if he will consider it." he said quickly.
She almost ran to the professor. The professor was a nice man. He said he would consider it.
Gongchan smiled at her again. She gave a small smile and left.
Babysoul clearly felt the vibe between them. It was not normal. A girl feels things clearly. It is when she denies what she is feeling is when she falls harder for the man.
But Babysoul was a clever girl. She avoided and ignored Gongchan whenever they saw each other. Gongchan understood her too. He decided to write a letter to her.
 
"Hey Soojung,
I know you understand I have something for you. If you think the same then come and talk to me. Today is my last day at this university."
She felt awkward. Kei was reading beside her and squeaked. 
"He is so cute and he is also the top student. You lucky girl!"
"This is lame." She handed the letter to Kei and left.
 
Babysoul didn't meet Gongchan that day and never saw him at the university. It was true she had little feeling for him but he didn't have any spark to excite her plus he was a senior. She detested that kind of relationship. It felt to like the girl was using the boy to get benefits. 
 
 
Five year later, Babysoul was attending an office seminar. She was bored and decided to leave for the toilet and look around.
She headed for the hallway and looked at the decoration. A room was left open where a guy was shouting at the hotel staff. 
"Stop bothering me for cleaning. I don't need it."
Babysoul felt she knew the guy and peeked a little. 
Her eyes met with Gongchan. She was surprised. 
"Sunbae!" She greeted him.
"Soojung?" Gongchan was taken aback. He was wearing a white formal shirt with black pants. His tie was loosened up. 
She suddenly realized all the emotions she had stored until now. She had spent lonely days just thinking of him and now he was here.
"Where were you?" She asked angrily.
He looked puzzled. " I left the country after that."
"I know. But you never contacted me!" She said.
"Huh?? Why should I?" He got angry.
"But you contacted Kei! She knows everything about you. She kept talking to me about you.
 Why did you try to flirt with her after it didn't obviously work with me!"
Babysoul broke into tears. "Do you know how it feels to be forgotten like that. My pride was hurt. She still talks about you." 
Gongchan started laughing. "Serves you right."
She pursed her lips and threw the socks that was left on his bed at him. He dodged them. He couldn't stop laughing. He went near her. He was so tall than her and gave her a hug. She tried to pull away. He laughed and pulled her on the bed so that their heights matched well. She was taller than him now. She felt flustered. 
"Listen Kei stays in contact with Baro. They like each other. She probably said those to you to see your reaction. I guess she knew you had feelings for me too. She never even talked to me once." 
He hugged her gingerly. She jumped down.
They walked beside the park in the hotel holding hands. "Don't you thInk we should do something for those two. Because Kei and Baro are still in the friendzone"
Gongchan laughed. "Better than us in all these years. But you didn't know they liked each other?"
"I did. But I thought she also talked to you. So that just made me angry." Babysoul said showing her dimples.
"Soojung..." Gongchan stopped walking.
"Yes Chanshik Oppa?"
"I can't believe this is happening. I had spent horrible days after that. i couldn't study, I went into depression." He said looking away.
Babysoul looked down. "I am sorry..I took so much time to realize what I want."
"Everything happens for a reason. I am now a better and a stronger person. Really. I am. I can feel that." He smiled at her.
She smiled back. Their eyes twinkled as the sun set and stars were above them.
But they were still walking. 
They felt joy in their hearts for finding their love back. Fate brought them together again.
 
Kei and Baro announced their engagement on that night. They soon got married and made Soul and Gongchan their best man and bridesmaid. 
"It is like the marriage of a prince and a fairy." Gongchan said to Babysoul looking at them. Soul smiled mischieviously and whispered in his ears, "We are next."
 
-the end-