Too good to be true

VMinSugaKookie One-Shot Requests {Open}

A.N.: I'm setting this after the bangtan bomb where they played Jenga because Twitter sent them the game.

 Jenga Championship

 In the end, Jimin lost. The punishment was a kiss and Yoongi happened to be the one sitting next to him. Naturally this meant that he would be the one giving out the punishment.

 “This is something that has to be shown.” Jimin insisted to the cameraman.

 Yoongi got the message and backed away in fright. “What? Why me? I didn’t lose!!”

 “Suga hyung, would you like to kiss me?” Jimin removed his jacket and threw him a y stare.

 “Ah, I don’t feel good.”

 Taehyung grabbed Yoongi from the back and held his arms tight against his sides.

 “Yah, Jimin, hurry up. Hurry up!” A wide grin spread across his features.

 Jimin took off his beanie and used it to hit Taehyung’s head.

 “Hurry and do what? What?”

 Taehyung released Yoongi and laughed joyfully.

 “Ah Jiminie, stop it.” Taehyung curled up on his side as Jimin continued teasing him.

 “Okay, okay. Sorry.” Jimin ceased his attack and stepped back.

 “You’d better be. You know Kookie would have killed me, if I’d done anything to Yoongi hyung.”

 “Yeah I know, sorry.” Taehyung sat up and looked around.

 The cameras had left and everyone had coupled off.

 Namjoon and Jin were sitting together in one corner and chatting away.

 Yoongi was braced against the mirror with Kookie laying down between his legs. They were whispering heatedly in what looked to be an argument, their eyes drifting towards Jimin occasionally.

 Hoseok was nowhere to be found, he was probably off to harass one of the trainees since practice was over for the day.

 Taehyung and Jimin were the only ones paired together who were not officially an item.

 Taehyung would have liked to change that. He’d been in love with Jimin for a long time, but there was a slight problem.........

 Taehyung was also deeply in love with Yoongi and Kookie.

 Yes, he was in love with three of his band mates at the same time.

 Taehyung hadn’t known it was even possible to love so many people at once.

 But, it had happened.....he’d thought that he’d lose interest in one when he started developing feelings for one of the others. Instead, he’d just fallen deeper in love with them all. It was confusing and strange. Everyone would probably hate him if they found out how truly weird he was.

 He couldn’t deal with that kind of rejection.

 So he kept it to himself.

 There was also the minor detail that Jimin had confided in him about his crush on Yoongi.

 His best friend was not interested in him in that way.

 Taehyung was only ever going to be Jimin’s best friend.

 Nothing more.

 This realization had hurt, but he was learning to accept it.

 “Tae-ah, let’s go grab some food.” Jimin grabbed Taehyung’s shoulders, breaking him from his wool gathering.

 “Mmm! Let’s go!” He turned and beamed at Jimin.

 “Wait a sec, I’ll see if anyone else wants anything.”

 Jimin walked towards Namjoon and Jin. A few quiet words were exchanged and then he went to Yoongi and Kookie. Taehyung looked on as Yoongi spoke to Jimin with his serious poker face.

 He knew that behind that facade Yoongi was a kind and caring hyung. Taehyung tried to remember the exact moment he fell for Yoongi’s sweet heart, but as always, he came up blank. There was no one moment when he’d fallen, it was something that had built up over the course of time and many instances.

 “Tae! Taehyung! Are you with me?” Jimin’s hand waved furiously in front of his face.

 “What?” Taehyung’s blank look pierced through him.

 “I said, Yoongi and Kookie said they have something important to talk to me about. So, you’re on your own. Here’s the list of food for everyone.” Jimin shoved a piece of paper in Taehyung’s hand and scurried away before he could protest.

 Taehyung looked down at the list and sighed. He grabbed his phone and his jacket and was about to leave the practice room when a had held his shoulder.

 “Wait, Taehyungie. I’ll go with you.” Jin’s soft smile was enough to settle Taehyung’s nerves.

 He hadn’t even realized that he’d been so worried about making the trip alone. His worry must have shown on his face.

 “Hey, it’s okay Tae. I’m here.”

 “Thanks, Jin-hyung.” Taehyung smiled at Jin, relieved that the other member wouldn’t leave him.

 “Let’s go.” Jin pushed him gently out the door.

 Time Skip

 Buying the various food items the members wanted took longer than Jin and Taehyung had expected. When they were about to leave the restaurant Namjoon had called Jin and informed him that the other members were already on the way to the dorm.

 “What should we do Tae?” Jin’s frustration was clear on his face.

 “Ice-cream?” Taehyung’s puppy eyes were put to good use.

 Jin sighed. “Fine, we’ll wait for Manager-hyung.”

 Jin pulled out his phone and dialed their manager.

 Taehyung pouted and looked away.

 “Come on, let’s go to the convenience store.”

 Taehyung’s confused face made Jin laugh loudly.

 “We’ll buy a tub of ice-cream. That way, you can eat any time you want at home.”

 “But.....Manager-hyung....”

 “He said it’s fine, if it’s for you, Tae. You’ve been getting a bit too thin lately.”

 “Yay!! Thank you, Jin-hyung!” Taehyung would have hugged him if he could but his hands were occupied with the take out. Instead, his grin refused to leave his face and his eyes sparkled with happiness.

 Jin sighed. It was so easy to make Taehyung happy.

 Time Skip

Back at the Dorm:

“Tae, go tell the others dinner is ready.”

 “Okay, Jin-hyung.” Taehyung went to the living room to call the others. He expected them all to be waiting like hungry sharks. To his surprise only Namjoon-hyung and Hobie-hyung were there.

 “Dinner’s ready! Where’s Yoongi-hyung, Jiminie and Kookie?”

 Namjoon-hyung shrugged. “I don’t know. Maybe they’re playing around in your room? Want me to go look for them?”

 “Aniyo, it’s okay hyung. I’ll find them!” Taehyung smiled his box smile and ran down the corridor to their rooms.

 “No running in the house Taehyung!!” Jin bellowed as he ran past the kitchen.

 “Sorry hyung.” he skidded to a halt outside the room he shared with Jimin and J-Hope.

 *Knock knock knock*

 The silence that greeted him was strange.

 “Yoongi-hyung? Jiminie? Kookie-ah? Are you guys in there?”

 *Knock knock knock*

 A soft rustling was heard and the sounds of someone shifting around followed.

 “What is it Taehyung-ah?” Yoongi’s voice was soft but it didn’t sound as if he’d been asleep.

 “Dinner’s ready. Jin hyung made japchae!” Taehyung almost squealed with happiness. He loved japchae, it was his favorite food of all time!

 “We’ll be right out Tae. Just give us a second.” Jimin’s voice was muffled but Taehyung’s ears heard him clearly.

 “Okay, hurry before I eat it all!”

 In the back of his mind a thought lingered. It threatened to break down his wall of happiness. What was Jimin doing inside the room with the Sugakookie couple? He pushed it away and hopped away from the door and back to the kitchen.

 “Japchae! Japchae! Japchae!!” He clapped his hands excitedly.

 Hobie-hyung laughed and patted his head. “Why are you so excited today?”

 “Today was awesome! Jin-hyung bought me ice-cream! Japchae is so yummy! I can’t wait!” It all seemed too good to be true. Taehyung felt as if something bad was about to happen. Again, he pushed away these thoughts and kept a smile on his face.

 “Yes, yes, Taehyung-ah. Now take a seat and wait for the other kids.” Namjoon hyung sighed. He looked exasperated and tired.

 Taehyung saw the dark circles under his hyung’s eyes and decided to not be a burden on his hyung.

 He swallowed and resolved to be as quiet as possible for the rest of the evening.

 Dinner was a strangely quiet affair. Everyone was busy stuffing the delicious noodles into their stomachs. It was at the end of dinner that the unpredictable happened.

 Yoongi cleared his throat and spoke in a bold manner. “We have an announcement to make.”

 He glanced at Jungkook and Jimin. This caught everyone’s attention.

 “Jungkook and I are together, as you all know. However, we recently discovered that we shared the same feelings for another member as well. We talked things out today and Jimin is now a part of our pairing......the three of us are together now.”

 Yoongi sat back and watched the chaos that the kitchen became.

 Namjoon and Jin were shouting questions at Jungkook and Jimin.

 Hoseok looked on in confusion and kept glancing between Yoongi, Jimin and Jungkook.

 No one seemed to notice the lack of response from Taehyung.

 It turned out to be a good thing as Taehyung was in no state to answer any questions at the moment.

 He felt as if the world was crashing down around him. His heart was being squeezed by an iron fist.

 He couldn’t breathe. The room was spinning, his stomach churned and threatened to empty its contents.

 This could not be happening.

 He’d always thought that Jimin would be at his side because they shared an unrequited love.

 Now, he’d lost all of them. To each other.

 Regret filled his mouth with ash. He should have confessed to Jimin, then at least he would have stayed with him.

 There was nothing he could do about it now.

 He was all alone.

 He had to get out of there. Before the feelings inside his chest suffocated him.

 His chair screeched loudly against the floor.

 “Hobie-hyung, may I be excused? I don’t feel well.”

 Hoseok took one look at Taehyung’s pale face and nodded his permission.

 “Where are you hurt?” Concern creased Yoongi-hyung’s face.

 “My stomach feels upset.” Taehyung grabbed his belly to emphasize his point.

 “Aigoo, our baby Tae. You must have eaten too much ice-cream. Go take a rest, I’ll bring you some medicine as soon as we get this sorted out.”

 Taehyung nodded and hurried to his shared room.

 He dropped onto his bed, hid under the covers and buried his face into his pillow. The tears dropped unceasingly into the fabric of the pillowcase. Taehyung’s body shock with the intensity of his suppressed sobs. The pieces of his shattered heart burned in his chest.

 He gasped for breath. He couldn’t get enough air into his lungs. His mind replayed the scene in the kitchen over and over. It only hurt him more. He tried to shut of his brain but nothing seemed to be working.

 He didn’t know how long he’d been crying but his eyes grew tired. And eventually he fell asleep with his aching heart.

 -The End......Maybe.-

A.N.: So, what did you think about this? I've never done a oneshot before, so I have no idea what I'm doing. If you have any requests, please leave them in the comments or PM me. I don't bite.