Dessert is much sweeter now that you're here

Sunbaenim~

I

Scene: Chorong in her bedroom

(Chorong is tucking herself into the covers to sleep when her phone rings)

“Hello? Sunbaenim?”

“Hello. Chorong-ah~ This is Sunny haha. I was thinking… erm… are you free now? Would you like to meet for supper or something?”

“Supper? Now?”

“Ah… is it too late for you? If not then –

“No, it’s not that. I’m… I can meet now. Where would you like to meet?”

“Ah… are you sure? I don’t want to disturb you. Were you sleeping already?”

“No! No… I was just watching some television. Did Sunbaenim just finish her FM Date broadcast?”

“Oh. Yes. Could we meet at the dessert place near your place? It’s closer for you like that.”

“Ahh… Sunrise Desserts?”

“Yes. That one. Okay?”

“Okay. What time do you want to meet?”

“Ahh… I’m leaving now, so maybe in fifteen minutes?”

“Okay, I will be there~”

“Great! See you there.”

“See you~”

(The call ends. Chorong clasps her phone in her hands thoughtfully, before shifting out of bed to get herself ready)

 

~

 

II

Scene: At the dessert stall, Chorong is seated at one of the small tables beside the dessert stall.

(Sunny smiles and quickens her step upon seeing Chorong)

“Chorong-shii~”

“Annyeong, sunbaenim~”

“Chorong-ahhh~”

“Ahh_ you’re making me blush.”

“Have you been waiting for a long time? Have you ordered?”

“No, I was waiting for you.”

“Come, what would you like to eat? I will buy it for you.”

“I’m not really hungry, but… I think I’ll have a chocolate bingsu. Is unnie going to get anything? Do you want to share?”

“Please don’t call me unnie. Seriously, you make me feel so old. Okay! Let’s share then!”

“I’m sorry, sunbaenim.”

“You’re impossible. Chorong-ahh”

(Sunny leaves to purchase a bowl of bingsu from the stall owner, thanking the owner, before returning to Chorong with the dessert and two glasses of water)

“Here it is! One bingsu for my chorongie~”

“Thank you sunbaenim~”

 “Here, take this spoon… How is it? Is it good?”

(Chorong nods her head and smiles)

“Here, sunbaenim, try some also.”

(Chorong scoops some bingsu with her spoon and holds it out for Sunny to eat)

“It’s really good!”

“keke, how did sunbaenim know of this place. Does sunbaenim come by often?”

“Sort of. I’ve passed by here with other friends but never stopped to eat before. But last time, I heard from Bomi that you lived near here so that’s why I called.”

“Ahh~ I see… Why… erm… haha…”

“keke, Chorong-ahh, why are you stuttering? What is it?”

“haha erm… I wanted to know why sunbaenim wanted to meet me.”

“Oh, I was just thinking of you – keke this so embarrassing – after our phone call on broadcast and I realized how long it had been since I had seen you, and I missed you so…”

(Sunny giggles and blushes)

“Oh, I’ve missed you too. Thank you for inviting me for dessert tonight~”

 “You sure I didn’t disturb you? You sounded like you just woke up on the phone.”

“Ahh~ no, I was watching television… How is your broadcasting schedule nowadays? Have you been busy?”

“oh, It’s going well. I really enjoy doing radio shows. Preparations for our comeback have been hard work though. Shhhh… don’t tell anyone keke. I really, really like Do You Remember. You all have worked so hard.”

“Thank you so much~ I will bring an autograph copy for Sunny-sunbaenim~ if I see you on music shows. I’m excited for Girl’s Generation comeback too. I really liked Party~”

“Oh, seriously? keke I will get an autograph copy of our new album for you.”

“Thank you.”

“Oh… Chorong, wait you have some chocolate on your chin… here, let me get it for you.”

“No, it’s ok –

(Sunny takes a napkin and reaches over to wipe Chorong’s chin and Chorong freezes in embarassment)

“Thank you so much~”

“So when is the next time you’re coming to visit FM Date? You must set a date. I don’t care.”

“Ahh? Urmm…”

“Next week? Okay. Got it.”

“Sunbae –

“Heard you loud and clear. I will be expecting you.”

“Ah seriously? O-okay then, I’ll try to ask my manager.”

“Tell him Sunny. Lee Soonkyuu~ wants you there. Kekekeke”

“keke okay, sunbaenim~”

(The two of them chat and eat until they finish their food.)  

“It’s getting late, you should go home now.”

“oo, it’s almost twelve already.”

“I brought a car, I’ll drive you back to your doorstep.”

“No worries, it’s only two blocks down.”

“It’s no trouble. Stay here, I’ll go get my car.”

(/exit Sunny, comes back in her car. Sunny drives CHorong to her doorstep.)

“Byebye Chorong.”

“Byebye, sunbaenim~ thank you for inviting me out tonight. I had a lot of fun.”

“Have a good night. I’ll see you over the weekend.”

“See you over the weekend~”

(The two smile and wave at each other, then Chorong exits the car and goes into her home.)

(Sunny’s smile fades a little, before she smiles again to herself, and then drives off.)

 

 

A/N

Img Credits: TippaChan9@youtube

A new style of writing which I’m playing around with. Playwriting. Having fun so far(:

Hope that you all will enjoy the fun and informal language as well.

It’s flowy nature I really like omg it is such a pleasure to write. A fresh experience.

I actually have plans for a longer work with this style but we’ll see how that goes(:

Hope you all had fun, and keep your fingers crossed for a part two! (if I do continue:P)