Final

The End of the Day

Public Election is never included in Jinki’s liking list. As a journalist, election era always gives him the hardest time. He has to meet more people, visit more places, write more news and come home so late at night. This time is not an exception.

-<3-

It was still 10:47 am and Jinki has already in his 3rd place today. His editor, Key, asked him to come to the one of candidate presidents, Mr. Park’s house when he just arrived in office at 7.30 am. Since Mr. Park would campaign his programs that morning, his editor wanted Jinki to interview him before his campaign.

But, of course interviewing a candidate president was not easy. He had to face his bodyguards first. No need to say being jostled with other journalists in order to get near Mr. Park. Passing those barriers didn’t mean you could put questions to Mr. Park. Jinki did want to scream to him when he didn’t say any word but smile to the reporters that had waiting for him for hours –minutes in Jinki’s case as he arrived late.

Jinki informed Key that Mr. Park didn’t say any word, but he kept insisting that Jinki had to make news about his pre-campaign. “Fine, I’ll send my writing in an hour,” jinki said and surrendered when his editor only gave him 30 minutes to write down his news. With a cup of coffee as partner, Jinki tried his best to crack his mind and use each cells in his brain to write a good news.

Just when Jinki was about to send his news to Key, the other journalist told him that Mr. Park would start campaigning in 5 minutes. “!” was the only word Jinki uttered hearing that information.

Around 9:33 am his fellow worker, Minho, came to Jinki. “Boss said you have to go to the National Assembly building now because there will be a huge demonstration there, refusing Mrs. Han as one of the candidate presidents,” Minho stated.

Why me? You can go there and report that demonstration,” Jinki replied, being annoyed to his editor this morning. “It doesn’t have to be me. Besides, I am here, listening to Mr. Park’s campaign. Key was the one who asked me to report this campaign.”

It’s because you are the one who knows about this case. Didn’t you write news about her allegedly involved in a corruption case?” Minho explained. “That’s why Key wants you to make a follow up for her case. After all, you are the one who start writing her case in office.”

Jinki sighed. Yeah, he wrote two articles about Mrs. Han after reading her old cases and news. “What about this campaign then? I have written half of my news about this campaign.”

You can finish that on your way to National Assembly building and send it to Key. I’ll cover the rest campaign.”

 

And here was Jinki, in front of National Assembly building. From information he got, the demonstration would start at 11:00 am. 13 minutes left before it started, but Jinki already saw many guards stood behind the gate that led to the main door of National Assembly building.

As scheduled, the demonstrators came on time at 11:00 am. Jinki attempted to listen to their petitions while searching for someone from the demonstrators he could interview as source. The demonstration lasted for more than 30 minutes. Before they dispersed, Jinki and the other reporters had secured the leader of this demonstration for interview.

Pass lunch time, a few minutes after talking with the demonstrator’s leader, Jinki received a call from his editor. “What is it Key? I just finished my interview with the demonstrator. Now, I am going to write it down while having my lunch so you can publish it in an hour,” Jinki answered a bit harshly.

Is that your way to greet your boss, Jinks? Even though we are friends since senior high, I’m still your boss here. Get your attitude,” Jinki groaned hearing that. “By the way, I want you to write two articles for this demonstration. One is from the demonstrator’s perspective, and the other from Mrs. Han’s.”

What??? You want me to interview Mrs. Han’s side? Key, it’s lunch time, how could you ask me to interview her? You know I have to make an appointment before interview her,” Jinki messed his hair in frustration. “You know the rule, Key.”

Come on, hyung. You know you could make it. You have some contacts of her people. You can contact them. It’s okay if you can’t contact the main source. You know it,” Key was persistent. “You don’t have to come to her, meet her in person. I am okay if you just call her or her people by phone.”

Jinki rolled his eyes. Who is he to object his boss’ instruction? “Give me more time. I won't be able to write them all in an hour.”

Yeay, I know I can depend on you for it, hyung,” Key squealed in happiness. “Since you will write 3 news, I will give you an hour and half. After that, you are off duty till 4 pm. Okay? Love you, hyung.”

3? Why it becomes 3 news?”

You know, you can make an article about it, analysis. Our readers really like reading your articles, hyung. You don’t want to disappoint your readers, do you?”

Jinki wanted to crash his head to the nearest wall hearing Key’s sentences. “Why I choose journalist as my job if I suffer this much Key?” Jinki whined before Key ended their phone call.

 

It was almost 3 pm when Jinki finally could rest his body and mind. He walked in to the nearby restaurant to grab his first proper meal for today. While waiting for his orders, he checked his phone and cursed when he saw many messages and calls from his special one.

I wake up and didn’t see you this morning. What a bad way to start my day :’(“

Can’t you send me a morning kiss or something else to greet me via text message, babe?”

Okay, maybe you are busy with this damn election preparation. Have a good work :*”

Hyung, are you really that busy? Have you eaten? I wish you didn’t skip your breakfast at office since I know you didn’t take any bread from home with you. Take care hyung.”

If I knew you’re this busy today, I wouldn’t tire you out yesterday with our love sessions :( .. Sorry, hyung.”

Hyung, it’s lunch time. Can’t you call me? I tried to contact you but you didn’t answer your phone. You haven’t said any word to me or greet me today. Don’t make me worry. Text me right when you have time.”

I love you hyung :’( “

..

A small smile formed on Jinki’s face reading all the messages from his lover. He just became conscious that he has not talked to his boyfriend yet this whole day. When he woke up this morning, he realized that he was almost late so he rushed going to work, didn’t have time to wake up his lover, write a note or else. And he had no time to check his phone, call or message his lover with today’s hectic duties.

Now, when he finally had time to enjoy, he could call his boyfriend and give him a late greeting. Jinki didn’t have to wait so long since his lover picked his phone in the first ring. “Jong,” Jinki said.

Hyuuungg~~~~,” came his boyfriend’s replied. “Where have you been? How could you not contact me even once since this morning? Seriously, I was so worried. It’s like you just disappeared in the morning after last night. You didn’t leave any message or note for me…”

I am sorry, Jonghyun. I was in a rush this morning. I woke up late so I had to hurry and forgot to write a note for you. Seeing you slept in peace, I didn’t have a heart to wake you up. I am sorry to make you worry about me, babe. Okay?”

No, hyung. It’s me who should say sorry. I definitely tired you last night to the point you woke up late,” Jonghyun answered and Jinki could feel his face warmed hearing it, reminding him to their lovely night yesterday. “Have you eaten? Are you tired now?”

Jonghyun’s questions took Jinki back from his mind. “Huh? Yeah, I am having my meal now. Tired enough since Key sent me to 3 different places in 2 hours….”

Jinki told his boyfriend about his works today while enjoying his food. He couldn’t stop smiling when listened to Jonghyun’s story about his day. The younger just stayed at home finishing his songs before giving them to the company next week. Even though it was just an hour talking by phone, but Jinki sensed his exhaustion has left him, he could feel his muscles relaxed. ‘Is it the power of having someone you love to share your life with?’ Jinki thought.

See you at home, babe. I will try to come home before 8 pm so we can have dinner together,” Jinki said before cutting the line.

 

Jinki was back to office around 4:30 pm to finish his other works. He had some news features to finish before this weekend. Even though it's longer writing, but Jinki didn’t face any difficulties writing this features so he finished 2 of them before 07:00 pm.

He was going to leave when Key called him. “What is it now? I have a feeling it’s not a good thing,” Jinki suspected.

Oh, come on hyung, I’m serious. I won’t stop you from going home if I could ask other people’s help.”

Okay. You better be quick because Jonghyun is waiting for me at home.”

One of your junior, Lee Taemin, made a mistake in his news and the source of this news demanded us to correct it.”

Jinki palmed his face. Correcting news that was being complained by the source was not easy. “What news? Who is the source? Why didn’t you call Taemin so he could revise it?”

I did. I called him but he is with Minho in court to report the final trial that involved ex Minister of Social Affairs, so he can’t revise it now,” Key explained. “It is news about budget deviation in Education Department.”

! It’s big case. Didn’t you check this news before published that Key? We are talking about the government.” Albeit his endless complains, Jinki was back to his computer and revised his junior’s mess work.

 

Two hours later, Jinki was on his way home. “Finally,” he said while driving his car to his waiting boyfriend at home.

Jinki squinted his eyes when he came near the alley of his home. He saw a familiar figure leaning on a pole in front of the street border, his face looked worried, he didn’t stop checking on his watch. Jonghyun was waiting for him.

Jjong,” Jinki called when he was out of his car.

The said man turned his head and left his spot once he spotted Jinki. “Hyung,” Jonghyun hugged Jinki tightly. “You said you would come home before 08:00. But it’s almost 10:00 now.”

Jinki his boyfriend’s back. “I know, I’m sorry. There was a problem in last minutes, so I had to stay longer in office. How long have you been here?” Jinki pulled away from the embrace to look at his boyfriend. “Are you okay? Let’s go home first.”

 

After having their dinner, Jinki found himself in Jonghyun’s embrace. The younger refused to let him go while they watching television after their dinner that night. Not that Jinki complained tho.

Jonghyun told him how confused he was that morning when he couldn’t contact the older. And he was so relieved when Jinki’s name and picture appeared on his screen phone this afternoon. “I was so scared, hyung.”

Jinki looked up at his boyfriend and found the sad face he hate so much. “I know. I am sorry to make you worry.” Jinki caressed Jonghyun’s cheek before pulling him for a kiss.

I love you,” Jonghyun muttered in between their kisses.

Jinki is glad to have Jonghyun in his life. Even though he has a rough day, but in the end of the day he will come home to Jonghyun who always waits for him. Even if the younger is whiny and childish sometimes, but Jonghyun always be there for him, waiting for him and lightening his life.

I love you too,” Jinki replied before breaking their kiss and carrying the younger in bridal style to their bedroom.


==================================================================================================================

 

I enjoyed my time writing this fic.

Sorry for the gramatical errors since i was in hurry while writing xD

Thanks for reading ^^