Final

Aquarium Love

Lee Hyukjae was not a happy person. Just days after his boyfriend, ex-boyfriend he corrected his mind, broke up with him he was being forced  to socialize again. While he would rather stay at home wrapped up in a blanket with a container of ice cream and spend the entire day watching cheesy romance drama's with his dog Choco, instead he found himself getting dragged onto the street by his persistent best friend. He could care less that the two of them were friends since childhood, he was not amused with the turn of events.

"Su…" He complained as he tried to keep up with the brisk pace the other had set. "Where are we going?"

"Out." The other replied flippantly, without even glancing back.

"Why?" He whined. "I was perfectly content with staying indoors today."

"No way. You need to get out and enjoy life. Now that you are free of that we need to take the opportunity to get you out as much as possible." Junsu replied as he glanced back at his best friend.

Hyukjae glared at the other. While he was upset with the breakup it didn’t mean that his boyfriend, ex-boyfriend, he reminded himself again, was an . Junsu was being too harsh towards the man.

"Siwon wasn’t that bad." He defended the other.

"Hyuk, he cheated on you with that actor wannabe. And then has the balls to say it was your fault. Not that he had any balls with the way he acted." Junsu argued back annoyed.

"Well maybe it was though. Maybe if I was a better boyfriend to him this wouldn’t have happened. Maybe if I spent more time with him than my dancing I would still be together with him."

Hyukjae was too busy placing the blame of his ruined relationship on himself that he failed to realize that Junsu had stopped walking. It wasn’t until two hands were placed on his shoulders did he realize both of them had stopped walking. Jerking in surprise he met eyes with a sympathetic Junsu.

"Lee Hyukjae you listen to me. You are a wonderful and kind person and Siwon was an idiot to let you go. You can do so much better than him and you will. I will make sure of it." Junsu said with sincerity.

"Su.." Hyukjae felt his eyes slightly tear up. He was known to be a crybaby. "How will you do that?"

"With this!" Junsu declared as he stepped away from Hyukjae. "We're here!"

Hyukjae blinked as he took in his location that Junsu brought him to. When he was dragged from his warm blanket cocoon and dragged across town this was not the place he was expecting to be.

"Su?" He questioned hesitantly.

"Yeah Hyuk?"

"The aquarium?" He wanted to make sure that this really was where his best friend took him.

"Yeah! The aquarium! It’s the perfect place to go after a break up with your idiot jerk of a boyfriend." Junsu replied proudly on this. "Trust me."

Hyukjae shot him a skeptical look as he followed the slightly more cheerful than normal boy more into the aquarium. The lobby area was huge with a dark blue color scheme to it. There were fake water life animals around the room with a huge life size model of a blue whale hanging right from the ceiling where they first walked in. To one side was an information desk while the other had a small café. The middle was a ticket counter where a worker was currently standing. When Junsu saw the worker his face lit up and Hyukjae quickly realized there was more than one reason why he was dragged there today.

"Yoochun-ah!" Junsu called out as he practically skipped over to the ticket counter.

Practically because Junsu wouldn’t be caught dead actually skipping. Nor would Hyukjae tell him otherwise since he didn’t want to die either. The guy named Yoochun looked up from his work and smiled brightly at the approaching male.

"Su-ah!" He replied back. "Hi!"

"Hey Yoochun, how are you?" Junsu asked as he leaned against counter

"Good, but what brings you here today?" He asked politely.

Junsu reached back and grab culture by the wrist and pulled him forward. Hyukjae nearly stumbled at the force while Yoochun cheerfulness became slightly dimmed the little disappointed. Hyukjae would have been amused if it wasn't for his wrist hurting.

"This is my best friend Hyukjae. His bastard of a boyfriend broke up with him and me being the awesome best friend that I am brought him here to cheer him up."

"Oh yes, because that's the reason we came here." Hyukjae muttered back sarcastically, he was promptly elbowed by his awesome best friend.

"Zip it monkey." Junsu mutter to him.

"Make me duck-." The other countered.

Junsu raised his hand as if to smack Hyukjae when Yoochun decided to cut in. Clearing his throat he gained the twos attention back to him. Junsu smiled innocently at the worker while Hyukjae rolled his eyes at his friend.

"How about we get Donghae to show him around." Yoochun suggested.

"Donghae?" The pair repeated confused.

"Lee Donghae is one of the tour guides here." Yoochun explained as he looked for his radio. "He's currently studying marine biology at Seoul University and work here part-time. He knows this place better than anyone else."

Yoochun found his radio and called Donghae to the desk. A few minutes later a guy with short brown hair and matching eyes came walking up. He was dressed in the typical tour guide uniform and had a childlike smile on his face. He was extremely handsome with an air of youthfulness that matched perfectly. Needless to say, Hyukjae was absolutely smitten by the new arrival. Struck with momentarily speechlessness he weakly shook the other's hand when it was offered.

"Hi! I'm Lee Donghae! I hear you are wanting a tour of our aquarium." He introduced himself.

"I'm Hyukjae." Hyukjae mutters shyly.

"Nice to meet you Hyukjae." Donghae replied with a bright smile which made Hyukjae insides squirm pleasantly. He realized the two were still holding hands. But before he could say anything the other pulled him down the hallway.

"Come on Hyukjae! There is a lot to see!"

"Wait! I haven't even bought a ticket yet exhalation point" Hyukjae tried to say.

"It's okay Hyuk!" Junsu called from his spot next to you John "I'll take care of it! Have fun!"

Normally Hyukjae would be suspicious of his friend paying, since the other always refused, but he couldn't string the thought together. Donghae, with the excitement level that rivaled a child, was pulling him quickly into the underwater tunnel. Hyukjae was surprised by the other strength.

"Donghae, slow down! He called out.

Donghae skidded to a stop which cause Hyukjae to crash into his back. The man took a moment to admire the broad back and realize Donghae was actually very fit. He pulled himself away so Donghae wouldn't realize he was staring. But the worker had an embarrassed look on his face as he ran his free hand through his hair.

"Sorry, I get excited when showing people around." He explained.

"It's okay." Hyukjae assured him. "You must really love fish."

"I do. I think that's why my parents named me Donghae. It means East Sea."

"Fitting."

"I know right?!" Donghae smiled again like a child.

Hyukjae felt a smile creep on his own face as well. As a habit he brought his hand up to cover his mouth. Donghae looked confused before he could asked him Hyukjae interrupted him.

"So, how about that tour?" He inquired casually.

Donghae blinked and then smiled again. He let her Hyukjae into the aquarium and began talking about all the different fish on display. Just by the way his eyes shined in his excitement in his voice Hyukjae could tell how much he really love fish. It was endearing, especially since he had names for most of them.

"And this is our collection of the Nemos!" Donghae said as he pointed to the display of clown fish. Hyukjae laughed and of course covered his mouth he found himself doing that a lot around Donghae. Donghae noticed he did that but didn't comment right away. He was more interested in Hyukjae as a whole then his mysterious smile hiding.

"We have this shark exhibit over here." Donghae pointed to an entryway where the sign was an open mouth of a shark. Teeth gleamed in the light in a cause Hyukjae to slightly shiver.

"I don't know. Do we really need to see the shark exhibit?" He asked in a nervous voice.

"But they're so popular. And I want to give you a full tour." Donghae defended.

Hyukjae bit his lip as he stared at the entrance. It wasn't that he was afraid of sharks. More like he watched Jaws with Junsu and was not very fond of the creature that could potentially eat him in the water. It took a few months for either boy to enter the water after that. Hyukjae of course blinks his best friend for the whole mishap. Donghae wrapped a friendly arm around Hyukjae shoulder.

"Don't worry, I'll protect you!" He said cheerfully.

Hyukjae felt a smile coming in was about to bring his hand up to cover when Donghae intercepted the hand with the one on his shoulder.

"Why do you cover your smile?" He asked curiously.

"I have an ugly smiled." Hyukjae muttered as he glanced away.

"Says who?"

"Everyone…" Hyukjae paused at that. "Well people at my school did, and Siwon didn't like it at all too much either."

"Who is Siwon?"

"Ex-boyfriend." Hyukjae explained "He's the reason I'm here today. We just broke up and Junsu decided I need to get out of the house so he brought me here. But I think that was just an excuse so he could flirt with the guy at the ticket counter."

"Your friend has been here a few times to see Yoochun." Donghae revealed.

Hyukjae didn't know if he should be amused by his best friend's antics are upset that he didn't know his best friend had a crush. As he mulled over his best friend keeping secrets Donghae had tugged him into the shark exhibit. He was brought out of his thoughts as a giant shark swam past him. He cried out as he jumped in the air. He would have bolted from the exhibit if it wasn't for the grip on his hand.

"It's okay Hyukkie. It's okay." Donghae suits him.

Hyukjae stop fighting because of the nickname. Blushing he looked at Donghae shyly.

"Did you call me Hyukkie?" He asked timidly.

"Ah? Did I? "Donghae asked as he blushed as well. "I'm sorry, I hope I didn't offend you or anything."

"No! No…" Hyukjae trailed off shyly. "I liked it…"

"Really? Then can I call you that?"

"Sure."

The smile that Donghae gave Hyukjae was the most beautiful one he has seen ever. It radiated pure happiness and made the tour guy look like a little kid in a toy store. It made Hyukjae's heart race wildly because he loved the smile. He was growing very fond of the man in front of him. Despite the fact that they just met.

"Come on Hyukkie. Let's continue the tour." Donghae said.

Holding the hand tightly he led the nervous Hyukjae deeper into the shark exhibit. As they walked the tour guide in a soft voice told Hyukjae about the different sharks they had and which ones were what. If Hyukjae wasn’t so terrified he would have been fascinated by all these facts. It's not like he wants to be afraid of sharks, but a stupid weekend where he and Junsu watched all the Jaws movies has given him a rather irrational fear of the water creatures. But now that he can see them up close, and with a huge glass between them, Hyukjae figured he could see the beauty in them. He walked closer to the glass and placed his free hand on there to get a better look.

Of course at this moment a large shark decided to swim right into the window and show its large mouth full of teeth at Hyukjae.

"AH!" He cried and jumped back. He had jumped so far back that his back collided with Donghae's chest. The tour guide wrapped his arm around Hyukjae's waist to hold both of them up and his breath was against his neck.

"You okay there?" He whispered in his ear.

"Sorry, the shark surprised me." Hyukjae muttered as he squirmed. Donghae's voice in his ear was doing a lot to his insides, more than that stupid shark did. But Hyukjae almost felt like he should thank the shark for surprising him. Donghae's arms felt very nice. Especially when they were tight around his waist.

"It's okay. I don’t mind." Donghae replied softly.

"Really?" Hyukjae asked with a timid voice.

"yeah. Really."

The smile Hyukjae sent him was small and sweet. The pair continued their walk through the shark exhibit with a more comfortable pace. Donghae took his hand in his own and merely smiled when Hyukjae looked at him curiously. Hyukjae felt a blush on his face but made no effort in removing his hand. The rest of the tour continue in this manner. And Hyukjae felt himself falling rather hard for the worker. They were out of the shark exhibit and heading towards the entrance and Hyukjae felt himself saddening. He didn't want the tour to end. He didn't want his time with Donghae to end. Donghae seemed to feel the same way as he paused and n his steps. Hyukjae looked at him.

"Is it bad that I don't want this to be end?"

"No, I feel the same way." Hyukjae revealed softly.

Donghae smiled at this. He gave the hand a squeeze again. Hyukjae almost wished he pulled him back into the aquarium again but the tour guide started to lead them back to the main entrance. The two of them were silent but occasionally exchanged shy smiles to one another when they caught the other looking. Hyukjae was working up the courage to ask for his phone number when a shout from the ticket counter caught their attention.

"What the are you doing here!" They both heard Junsu yell angrily.

Hyukjae, worried about his best friend, broke from Donghae and ran the rest of the way. What he was greeted by was the last thing he was expecting. Standing at the ticket counter was an absolutely irate Junsu. His friend was being forcible held back by a worried Yoochun as to not start beating on the other man standing there. A man that Hyukjae was not expecting to see today. A man who happened to be the same person who broke his heart just earlier and was the reason he was here.

Choi ing Siwon, his ex-boyfriend.

But Hyukjae knew now was not the time for self-pitying. He had to stop his friend from doing something he would regret.

"Junsu! Stop!" He called as he ran across the room. He placed himself between his best friend and ex. "He is not worth it. Don’t start a fight with him."

"Move out of the way Hyuk. This bastard broke your heart and I want to break his face as revenge." Junsu spat darkly.

"Please don’t. I don’t want to have to bail you out of prison for assault." He argued back. "Please Su. Don’t fight him."

Junsu looked at Hyukjae for a minute before sighing. He gave Siwon a dark glare before dropping his stance and taking a step back. Breathing a sigh of relief he turned to his ex and gave him a polite nod.

"Hello Siwon."

"Hyukjae, I am surprised to see you here. I figured you would still be at your home getting over our break up." Siwon replied with  a smirk. "Did you run out of ice cream already?"

He could hear Junsu behind him start swearing again but he didn’t raise to the bait. He was trying to think of something to say when an arm went around his waist. Turning in surprise he saw Donghae standing next to him.

"He didn’t run out of ice cream. I just wanted Hyukkie to have a date with me while I was working, so he came here to see me." He replied with a grin.

"Who are you?" Siwon snarled at him.

"Lee Donghae." The other replied with a pleased look on his face. "And you must be Siwon. I should be thanking you."

"Why?"

"Because you are an idiot and gave up one of the greatest people in the world. But don’t worry, I plan to take good care of Hyukkie now. But I don’t like sharing so I suggest you back off right now. He's mine."

Hyukjae felt himself blush as Donghae turned and kissed him on the cheek. Behind him Junsu and Yoochun were staring at them in shock and Siwon was speechless as well. The taller man gave a huff before turning and stomping out of the aquarium. Once he was gone Donghae pulled his lips away but didn’t remove his arm. He shot Hyukjae a sheepish smile.

"Sorry, it was the only thing I could think of to make him leave. Not exactly the way I wanted to ask you out, but it works all the same right?"

"You were planning on asking me out?"

"From the moment I saw you." Donghae admitted with a smile. "But I was trying to think how best to do it when he arrived. Sorry, but do you want to go out with me?"

Hyukjae allowed himself to smile, a complete and happy smile that showed all his teeth and gums. He nodded enthusiastically before throwing his arms around Donghae.

"Yes!" He hissed in his ear.

"See Yoochun, I told you they would hook up. They are a perfect match." He could hear Junsu say from behind them.

"Of course Junsu, your match making skills are superb." Yoochun replied with a laugh.

"And best of all, he owes me one now."

"Why do I owe you one?!" Hyukjae asked as he pulled away from Donghae.

"Because I am the one who made you leave your home and come here. Thus meeting Donghae, thus being the reason you hooked up. You owe me."

Hyukjae gapped at him before swearing under his breath. His friend was right. It was because of him Hyukjae was able to get a date with the cute aquarium tour guide. Turning to Donghae  he couldn’t help but give him a kiss on the cheek.

"I guess I do owe him."

"Me too." Donghae agreed with a gentle smile. "But I don’t mind. If it means I can date you, I will take it."

Hyukjae agreed.