The Words I Long to Say

The Words I Long to Say (taekai ver.)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TAEMIN

 

I have always loved your kind and masculine tone of voice.

Your tall stature that makes you stand out.

Youre chiseled face that holds your cute nose, doe eyes, and full plump lips that is both pretty and really handsome at the same time.

Your lean but well toned muscles that any person would want to be enveloped in.

Your short up do-ed hair that never seems to be out of place,

That up do-ed hair that Ive always wanted to touch,

Strand by strand, run my fingers through those silky dark brown locks of hair.

 

Oh, You're laughing right now. That's another thing I love about you. How can a person's laugh sound so melodious and look so beautiful.

I can't help but swoon everytime I see your laughing figure. 

Aah I wonder if you even have the slightest idea what you're doing to my innocent heart.

 

When I would flip through the pages of romantic novels describing how love felt,

like millions of butterflies in your stomach,

like fear that is challenging to be overcome because in the end it is all worth it,

like happiness that appears out of nowhere and lingers on your lips,

And like hope that make miracles happen,

I always imagine how my own love story would go.

Now the wheels are turning, and they started turning because of you.

 

I guess love at first is overrated but that's how it was for me.

The moment you entered my dull and silent hospital room, my equally dull and silent life instantly became brighter and more enjoyable.

You spared me a glance and showed me the most beautiful smile I have ever seen.

I tried my best to return the gesture. I tried to form a smile which I have not done in months. 

You blinked in confusion and stifled a laugh after looking at my failed smiling face.

It made me feel embarrassed but I was also happy seeing you laugh for the first time.

To not make a fool out of myself the next time I see you, I practiced the whole night perfecting my smile.

 

Sadly, you didn't come the next day.

A different person was on duty and I felt all my effort go to waste.

She looked at me with pity, the look that I loathe most.

What I felt was the exact opposite of what I felt when you showed me the most genuine smile I have seen in months.

I wanted to scream at her, tell her to get out, that I don't need her pity, but I can't.

 

After the accident, I temporarily lost my ability to walk,

And permanently lost my ability to speak.

Who knew falling down a few flights of stairs would cause an injury to the part of my brain that affected my speech production.

 

I have never been talkative, maybe that's the reason why the ability was taken away from me, and I've never had many friends.

The few friends I had, gave up on me when I lost my speech, making it even harder for them to understand me.

My parents are so busy with work that they can't even spare some time for their, now mute ,son.

My sibling are too absorbed in pleasing our perfectionist parents, and I bet they're just glad to get rid of one of the competition.

The only thing that brightens up my day, no, my life is YOU.

 

"Taeminah.. Pfft, you're making weird expressions while staring at me, its- its really weird." Hearing your voice instantly snapped me out of my thoughts. The sound of your laughter really is glorious. I mimic your laughter, but of course, no sound comes out.

The next time you came, I was able to smile properly. When you came for the third time, we had our first conversation, or rather, you talked to me and I scribbled my response. And now, after 2 months of knowing each other, you've become the best friend I could ever wish for. And I love you even more that before.

"What were you thinking about?" It's the samw question I hear from you everyday and I'm always glad that you ask.

I grab my rectangular white board and marker and scribbled.

My new story

"Oh! Really?! Will I be reading a new one soon?" He's so excited knowing that he'd have something new to tease me about.

Yes! But be nicer this time Jonginah, you're too much of a critic. It makes me not want to show you my works anymore.

"Well, I can't tolerate mistakes Taeminah, if we're going to get your works published someday, they have to be flawless." 

I gave him a sad smile. I know that he's being sincere in his words, but I myself just can't hope for that.

I write because that's the only way I can express my feelings ever since I was a child.

My poems and short stories are like fragments of my existence.

They are a part of my soul that I transform into words.

I want to share those fragment with him, and only him.

He's the only one who will be able to understant them.

He's the only one who tries to understand me.

 

"Yaah, dont look like that. Don't you believe me?" He always notice the little things, I guess that's why I fell in love with him even more.

I smiled and shook my head playfully earning an equally playful glare from him.

"Yah Kim Jongin, do you plan to stay there forever?" A beautiful nurse calls him from the opened door of my hospital room startling us both.

Soo Jung, that's her name. She's a bit strong-willed, but also kind and caring.

When Jongin isn't on duty, it's usually her that comes into my room and teaches me sign language. She said that it would come in handy, given my situation.

"Oh Jungie, sorry. I'm coming." When I hear Jongin call her that, I can't help but feel a sharp pang in my chest.

What am I, a mute, skinny, weird boy, against a beautiful, kind and strong willed girl.

"Hurry, Hi Taeminnie!" Her irritated tone changes when she addresses me and I wave a hand at her.

As much as I hate the thought of Jongin falling in love with her,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter