The Fight

Rules of the Alpha Male
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You wanna fight, punk?” 

“Liana, calm down.”

I leaned back against the tree trunk and chuckled. “I was only kidding, Katy.” I nudged my elbow into her side to show my frivolity.

Katy rolled her eyes. “And I was only saying the line I've used all these years.” She sighed dramatically. “I can just sense it, dude. One day, you really will get yourself in deep trouble by picking fights like that.”

I stuck my tongue out. “Well what can I do? I gotta protect my status as alpha-male.” I smirked in satisfaction. I was known throughout the school as the junior tomboy who could knock out any guy in a fight if needed.

She scoffed. “Ok, two problems. One, you're not male. And two, nobody even wants to fight you to gain the title of ‘alpha male’.” She shuddered. “That's such a cheesy title.”

I crossed my arms. “It is not cheesy! I'll prove it to you. I will attest my alpha-manliness by dueling with another male in our class.”

“Lame.”

“Fine, then how about you choose?” I was not backing down.

Katy placed a pondering fingertip to her chin. “Hmm, let's see. Who's an upperclassman who would be a tough opponent to wipe this smirk off of dear Liana’s face?”

I kept my chin up. This isn't degrading my confidence. Not one bit.

“Ah, I got it.” She snapped her fingers. “Jeon Jungkook.”

I hummed approvingly. “Oh, the senior.” I examined the prospects. “Yeah, he's a good opponent. He's supposedly knocked out three kids ever since he had transferred to the school last year.” The smirk on my face deepened. “But with this, I’ll prove that I can beat him. I'll become the alpha male of the entire school.” Hehehe, this is gonna be interesting.

Katy clapped her hands sarcastically. “Then you better live up to your words. I'm sick and tired of you calling yourself that when I know full well that you're just an f-girl.”

“Hey!” I protested.

She shrugged. “I'll go tell his gang so that you guys can battle it out afterschool. You go practice or whatever.” With a wave of her hand, she entered the school and left me to myself and the oak tree. 

I faced the tree and practiced throwing a few punches. Af

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter