Finale

Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

hey guys I think I'm going to cry while writing this sigh. (PS, this fic isn't angst. It's only the start. and maybe my mood setting is wrong too. don't mind me whenever i think of them, I just want to cry.)

-----------

Author's POV

"Star couple, Tiffany and Nichkhun has broken up" The article came out, and on that fateful day, many fans were very, VERY sad. "Accoring to insiders, the couple have broken up due to their busy schedules. Both groups are preparing for their comeback, so they got quite busy and desided to put their relationship to an end." It was true. Nichkhun and Tiffany were both EXTREMELY busy, Tiffany having to prepare for 2 comebacks in a row, which included one mini-album and one full length album, while Nichkhun had to prepare for their Korean comeback AND Japanese comeback. They talked a lot less, met a lot less, and soon their relationship took a bad turn, and they decided to end it. Both Tiffany and Nichkhun felt that it was the best for both parties. They wanted to remain as good friends, but well, of course that didn't work out.

They both still had lingering feelings for each other, although they decided to simply ignore it. Which, obviously, was not effective. Tiffany distracted herself with work, the usual, while Nichkhun distracted himself by simply not thinking of her. They had much more to care about anyway. 'Many fans are against us too', the (tried) to convince themselves. At first, when they first brokeup, they would exchange very short texts. Sometimes either one of them would say 'hello' and by the time the other one reads it, after a hectic day of work, the latter would have already forgotten about the text that he or she sent, to start with. So, their conversations hardly lasted, and soon they just simply, stopped communicating.

They haven't seen each other in days, which soon became weeks, and then became months. The last time they saw each other was probably in May, or even April. But, they're finally going to meet again. The DMC concert. 5 September. Both of them, Tiffany and Nichkhun, and even their fans, were looking forward, yet dreading the day. Looking forward to see each other again, finally, yet dreading the deadly awkwardness and of course, their lingering feelings for each other. They thought that they had overcame those feelings, and forgotten about their bittersweet love, but they haven't. 'If I do bump into him, I'll push all my feelings back, and pretend we were never together. That should work out', Tiffany convinced herself. 'If I do bump into her, I'll just pretend we were just friends that haven't seen each other in a while. That should work out', Nichkhun assured himself.

That day came. Finally. It was 5 September. They both woke up really early, as they needed to do their last practices and get ready to go early for rehersals. Tiffany woke up first. While waiting for the other members to finish using the toilet, she took her phone, and attempted to send Nichkhun a message. She opened their chat, then closed it. Then opened it again, but then closed it. For the last time, she opened it and started typing. 'Good morning! See you later :)' She typed. 'Nonono. That seems too forced and awkward.' She thought. *deletes everything and restarts* 'Hey! You're going later right?' She typed once again. 'No!! That seems to friendly now!!' And she deleted it again. It happened over and over again, until she just decided to say 'Hello! You are going to be at the concert later right? See you there!' Oh My GOD, I wonder what his response will be!! Tifany thought. She paced up and down her room, holding her phone, and checking it every 0.00000001 seconds.

Ding ding! Nichkhuns phone rang. He read the message and smiled at it. Nichkhun went through the same mind torture as Tiffany, not knowing how to reply

Message Read 05/09/15 6:01AM OMG HE READ IT!! Tiffany sqeualed, internally. What's he typing! Why is he taking so long!

And so, their morning went like that. However, after Nichkhun sent his reply, Tiffany had to wash up and get ready for her hectic day, and so did Nichkhun. So, they didn't chat after that.

---

It was 12PM, and both groups finally headed to the venue. And of course, both groups ran into each other along the corridors. Usually, if they do, Tiffany would be the first to run up, and of course go to her beloved and hug him, or sometimes even kiss him, but today was different. Tiffany wanted to run up, habitually, but she didn't. She stopped herself. She felt that it was inappropriate. As they walked past each other to get to their waiting rooms, both groups just exchanged bows, and when Nichkhun walked pass Tiffany, they didn't even dare to look into each other's eyes. It was THAT awkward. They both sighed, and headed their own way. They could

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter