Reflection

Mirror
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I always see part of myself in you.

 

When you smile, the shape of my lips automatically turns into a curve.

 

When you frown, I frown.

 

Just like a mirror reflection.

 

Now that the mirror is gone, I can't see myself anymore.

 

Now that the mirror is gone, I can't visualise my emotions anymore.

 

I'm the one who broke the mirror.

 

"Oppa!"

 

"M-Mwuh?"

 

"I called you for so many times! Why are you staring into space again~"

 

"I-I'm sorry" I give an embarrassed smile.

 

"You know, she's not gonna be happy if you are not around.. You should just g-"

 

"Yul, I can't." I say sternly. "She have to learn, learn to be happy without me."

 

"But oppa, are you happy?"

 

My happiness doesn't matter, as long as you are happy.

 

†††††

 

"Oppa!"

 

I can hear your voice even from a distance, you're never afraid of being caught by the paparazzis.

 

"Hey babe," I gave you a smile, a smile that always appears on my face when I see you.

 

It was winter, snow flakes were falling mindlessly. I shoved off the flakes on your head, giving it a few pats.

 

"Isn't it cold? Why aren't you wearing another layer?"

 

"Grumpy old man~" You scrunched your nose, smilling so radiantly at me.

 

With that alone, it's summer in my heart.

 

She may be the cheerful woman you see on stage through cameras.

 

She may seem lovely when she's on variety shows.

 

However, she may not be the one you think she is behind the cameras.

 

I've seen her crumbling down due to stress and hate she's recieving.

 

I've seen her anger, bursting out like a volcanoe when we were arguing.

 

I've seen so many sides of her.

 

†††††

 

Im Yoona.

 

She's a girl, who put up smiles for the camera, just for the sake of the fans who love her, or not.

 

She's just hiding her darkest soul when cameras are pointed towards her.

 

When I see her actions, I feel that I'm looking through a mirror.

 

We are just like the reflection of each other, with thoughts that differs.

 

Just like that day.

 

"Oh gosh, not this topic AGAIN! Why can't you give me a break! I'm tired of being in front of the cameras for the whole day, acting like I'm happy but I'm actually not!" She snapped.

 

"Look yoong, I know it's really difficuly, It's difficult for me as well." I held on to her shoulders, trying to talk some sense into her. "You've to at least try!"

 

"Try? Have you seen me not trying? I'VE TRIED! But nothing is working out. I can only be myself when I'm around you.."

 

You broke down crying, that was the last thing I wished to see.

 

"You know, when I first courted you. I love how you are being yourself only when you are around me." I your face, wiping away the tears,"But now, you are suffering because of that and I don't wish to see that."

 

You kept quiet, looking down on the floor.

 

"You have to learn to love your job, being happy when you are working! Not only when we are together.."

 

"Didn't you say that we are just like a reflection of each other? Aren't you the same too?"

 

"No, our actions might be the same

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter