Red Wine

WGM

Chaerin watched on as Kyuhyun filled her long steamed glass to the brim.

 

“Aigoo, I felt bad, really bad. I couldn’t find the words to tell him that I didn’t really drink, and when I thought I could, he had already opened the bottle. So, I had to think of some other way to get rid of it without drinking it.”  

 

“I’ve had this one in my collection for awhile now. I bought it when Super Junior visited Brazil. Been saving it for a special occasion and what occasion is more special than dinner with my beautiful wife.” Kyuhyun threw Chaerin a boyish smirk after he poured the wine then returned to the kitchen, leaving the wine bottle in the middle of the table, to finish dinner. Chaerin grimaced as she gingerly picked up her wine glass, holding the steam with only her thumb and forefinger, and swirled its contents as she had seen many of the actors in her favourite dramas do. Lifting it to her nose she cringed at the strong fragrance, it smelt more like the processed health drinks that usually had to be forced down then what little she remembered of the fragrant smell of her unnies white wine.

 

She had heard that the Super Junior maknae was a big wine drinker (once she had meet her hubby on the first broadcast and told her members, Dara had been quick to sit her down in front of the dorms computer and YouTube search Kyuhyun for the rest of the night), this fact was working against her tonight, but maybe she could get away with nursing her glass all night. Hopefully Kyuhyun would finish the rest of the bottle by himself.

 

Kyuhyun returned in no time with dinner, a steaming pot of Dolsot Bibimbap. It looked really good, but then nearly everything looked good to an idol that was in the middle of a world tour. She couldn’t remember the last time she had had a proper, heavy meal. Even though she preferred eating light, sometimes she just wanted something that would make her feel weighed down and in need of a good nap.

 

“I hope you like it. I had Kangin-hyung teach me how to make it.” Chaerin was quick to start, only waiting for her husband to sit across from her before she started to spoon the bibimbap into her bowl. As she started to eat Kyuhyun watched as her face transformed. He watched on as her smile widened and her eyes curved and closed, the cute sight of Chaerin’s eye smile automatically made his lips curve as well. Her cheeks puffed as she slowly opened her eyes. Her brown irises glittered and she leaned forward slightly.

 

“It’s really good.”

 

Chaerin leaned back and looked down into her bowl. She let her blush cool and then started to pace herself. She did not want to look like a pig in front of her hubby. She looked up once her blush had faded and realised that she had almost forgotten about the red liquid to her right. Making sure that the man in front of her was preoccupied with eating, she brought the glass to . Holding her breath she sealed her lips tightly and tipped the glass towards herself, letting the wine splash across the thin lips hoping it gave off the illusion of drinking.

 

Through out dinner she repeated this only two more times so as Kyuhyun wouldn’t notice that the glass was still almost filled to the brim. Conversation flowed naturally, (this had at first startled Chaerin when they had started filming WGM, as the two singers had never interacted with each other and any interaction with other Korean idols, with the exception of her family, made her feel awkward) and they started to open up a little to each other about bands mates, concerts, composing and hot goss from their respective agencies. Of course the cameras hadn’t been filming when that last topic had come up.

After dinner the couple moved into the kitchen. Kyuhyun to add the finishing touches to dessert and Chaerin to watch. Chaerin had brought her wine glass along so she placed it on the counter before heaving herself up to sit on the kitchen counter as well. Continuing their conversation Chaerin slyly offered sips of her drink to Kyuhyun every so often. It was perfect, not only was her drink nearly finished but the viewers would have a field day once this aired as drinking from the same glass was considered a indirect kiss. DdockChae for the win!

 

“So, the night went well. I was fed good food, given good company and I didn’t have to drink my wine. Kyuhyun didn’t even suspect a thing.” Chaerin looked smugly into the camera.

 

“Of course I knew that she didn’t drink the wine and that she thought she was so sly making me drink from her glass, but isn’t it a husbands job to humour his wife.” Kyuhyun smirked at the producer.