Don't Leave Me (Stay With Me)

Don't Leave Me (Stay With Me)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Title: Don’t Leave Me (Stay With Me)

Author: ilovesungyeollie

Pairing: YeKyu

Genre: Romance, Angst

 

a/n: I hope this isn’t too bad. Kinda lost inspiration ><

~~*~~

15th May 2015

Kim Jong Woon.

Two years mandatory service in the South Korean army – Complete.

~~*~~

Jongwoon sighed happily as he settled into the taxi and began the drive from the army barracks back to his quiet suburban home. His family had wanted to come pick him up but he refused. They didn’t need to inconvenient themselves coming all the way out here when Jongwoon could easily get back by himself. He smiled as he closed his eyes, falling quickly into a light sleep.

When Jongwoon came to, the taxi was already pulling into his street. Jongwoon was almost bouncing in his seat as the taxi came to a stop, excited to see his family again. He paid the driver, rushing to retrieve his suitcase from the boot and in no time was on his doorstep, ringing the bell. Hurried footsteps were heard before the door was flung open to reveal an older woman.

“Jongwoon!” His mother called out before engulfing him in a tight hug. Jongwoon laughed and returned the hug with equal enthusiasm.

“Hyung, you’re back.” Jongwoon pulled away from his mother as he heard his brother attempt to be nonchalant about his return. However Jongwoon could tell his brother was just as excited as his mother was.

“Oh come here you.” And in the next second, Jongwoon had tackled his brother into a hug.

When that hug was done, Jongwoon turned to his father to hug him as well. “Appa.”

After all the hugging, Jongwoon’s mother ushered him in, pushing him onto the couch and handing him a cup of water. Jongwoon accepted it and sipped from it while looking around at his home. It was all so familiar yet it was like he was seeing it for the first time. Jongwoon sighed in contentment before looking at his family who sat around him, watching him. He smiled at them before speaking up.

“I missed you all. I’ve missed our home. I’ve missed everything a lot.”

His mother smiled and patted his back. “Well now you’re back and you don’t need to miss anything anymore!”

~

It was nighttime and Jongwoon was sitting cross-legged on his old bed. He and his family had had a joyous dinner together full of laughter and talking, everyone wanting to share a funny or interesting story with Jongwoon. After that, Jongwoon had wanted to return to his apartment but of course his mother wouldn’t let him so he was staying the night at his parent’s house, sleeping in his old room. Now he was looking at his phone, fingers hovering over a number he had been itching to call.

Over the past two years, there were countless times Jongwoon wanted to grab his phone and dial this number. He would start searching through his room until he remembered his phone had been taken away. And now, when he was finally able to call, Jongwoon suddenly felt apprehensive. It’s been two years since he had last seen or heard the other. They had said that Jongwoon would be the one to contact the other once he had returned but what if the other had already forgotten all about him?

Shaking his head, Jongwoon pressed the call button before he could chicken out. With each ring of the phone, Jongwoon’s pulse increased until he was certain his heart was going to jump out of his chest. His hands were sweating and any longer, Jongwoon was going to start shaking. Luckily the line was picked up and a breathless voice was heard.

“I thought you weren’t going to call.” Was the first thing the other said and all of Jongwoon’s anxieties flew away, leavening him laughing at the other.

“I can’t believe that’s the first thing you said to me after two years.”

A laugh was heard and the other took a deep breath before speaking again. “Hi Jongwoon hyung.”

“Hi Kyuhyun.”

For a moment silence was heard before both males started laughing again.

“Wow, I can’t believe this is happening.” Kyuhyun said, disbelief clear in his voice. “Am I dreaming.”

Jongwoon chuckled at Kyuhyun’s silliness; smile wide on his face as he replied. “No you’re not Kyu. I’m finally back.”

“Are you sure.” Kyuhyun argued back, a touch of mischief in his tone. Jongwoon rolled his eyes even though the other couldn’t see. It was amazing how easily they conversed, as if two years hadn’t passed.

“If you keep that up I’m hanging up.” Jongwoon threatened jokingly. Kyuhyun gasped in mock horror.

“Oh no hyung, don’t. You can’t leave me again.”

The words

Please log in to read the full chapter