Exit

young master (& his bodyguard)

Summary: And then it starts.

 

 

 

"May I come in?"

A faint grunt comes from inside the room and Kyungsoo gently pushes the door open, eyes landing instantly on the sole man sitting behind the large oak desk.

"Jinki hyung said you wanted to see me." Kyungsoo starts, not bothering to sit down.

"Do you have a girlfriend, Kyungsoo?"

The question catches him competely offguard, more so coming from his own father. Clearing his throat, he grimaces at the man in front of him.

"I don't."

Mr. Do hums in acknowledgement, eyes seemingly searching his desk before grabbing a plain looking folder and sliding it in front of Kyungsoo.

The sight of the simple piece of inanimate object fills Kyungsoo with dread.

"Dad-"

"You haven't even looked at it, Kyungsoo." his father cuts him off. Kyungsoo thinks he hears a mixture of amusement and exasperation on the old man's voice but he can never be sure.

The man is his father, after all.

Gritting his teeth, he musters enough energy to keep himself mature in front of a flimsy looking piece of tree-produce.

"I don't need to look at it to know what's inside of it." his voice is low, rough around the edges. "I refuse."

"I don't remember giving you a choice."

There it was; the steel cold voice his father is known for.

With much repressed petulance, Kyungsoo swiftly takes the folder and leaves, slamming the door close behind him and missing the heavy sigh his fathet lets out.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Young master."

Kyungsoo startles at the accompanying poke on his lips. He turns to look at Jongin beside him, a pair of chopsticks on his hand.

He poked me with his... chopstick.

Bristling in pretend annoyance, Kyungsoo picks at his own food silently, mind still inside his room where the abominable folder lies menacingly on his desk.

"Kyungsoo."

The simple call of his name sends shivers up his spine and he quickly turns his head only for a piece of dumpling to be shoved swiftly in his mouth.

The satisfied smile on Jongin's face is enough of a factor to erase the series of curses that came up. He settles for chewing the piece of food in his mouth childishly while casting questioning glances Jongin's way.

"What's bothering you, young master?"

Kyungsoo stares at Jongin; he stares and stares at his face and at the same time remains oblivious to the slight flush on the other's face.

Jongin's face carves inside his mind and the prospect of not... having him makes something in him ache terribly bad.

So he smiles and pokes Jongin's mouth playfully. "Nothing, Jongin."

 

 

 

 

 

 

There’s a flurry of emotions causing havoc inside him; so disturbing and dark it’s scary how he could feel this kind of thoughts.

Sighing, Kyungsoo runs his hand through his hair again, losing count of how many times the action has been for the past hour.

The school’s almost empty, only the faint shout from the students playing volleyball outside could be heard. The room he’s inside is shrouded by the orange glow from the sunset visible outside the windows; only the thin, white curtain blowing from the gentle breeze outside a disturbance.

But not to Kyungsoo’s thoughts.

He’s heading to the rooftop. Sehun says, eyes searching and brows furrowed just the tiniest bit; a sign of uncertainty.

Kyungsoo mirrors his uncertainty but with greater volume; mouth pressing into a thin line and brows furrowed all the way down to form a crease on his forehead.

Sehun gets the meaning even before Kyungsoo speaks.

“He got a letter.”

And just like that, Kyungsoo’s face falls into a lax expression; drained of emotions.


Kyungsoo blinks, the interval getting longer every time as his lashes flutter, eyes darting towards the open window where the orange glow glares harshly at him.

He wonders if Jongin said yes; wonders who the lucky girl is.. or boy. Kyungsoo doesn’t knows. He doesn’t know quite a lot. He keeps wondering as he stands up, the sound of the chair moving back a disturbing orchestra from the silence around him.

He’s taken exactly three steps forward when the door bursts open. The sound cracks harshly and wracks Kyungsoo’s world when Jongin steps in, hair disheveled just the slightest and worry etched on his face.

“Kyungsoo.”

The strain melts from Kyungsoo’s body and he manages a tired smile, prepared for Jongin’s excuse.

“Did you got asked to help out with gym again? I swear I should-”

“I was at the rooftop.” Jongin cuts in, taking another step inside the room and closing the door behind him softly.

Kyungsoo’s heart beats loudly against his chest, thundering against the walls and he half expects Jongin to comment on it.

“I got confessed by a girl.” Jongin says next, eyes still staring determinedly at Kyungsoo. “I’m sorry for not telling you earlier.”

Kyungsoo feels the tension bleed out of him, his knees bending as he rests his hand on the table beside him. There’s a weak smile on his face as he finally manages to walk closer, raising a hand to poke at Jongin’s chin. “Was she pretty?”

Jongin finally returns the smile, catching Kyungsoo’s hand before it falls down to the latter’s side and holding it loosely.

If Kyungsoo’s heart could beat right out of his chest it would have already did.

“Yes.” Jongin says softly, still holding Kyungsoo’s gaze. Kyungsoo hardens his hand and makes to pull away but Jongin holds tighter. “But she’s not for me.”

Kyungsoo looks away and promptly steps over Jongin’s foot, stealthily managing to pull his hand back and scoff. “You handsome person, you.”

Jongin only grins, following the shorter male outside and out of the building.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sighing, Kyungsoo gazes at himself on the full-bodied mirror. He flushes, remembering the way Jongin used to fix his tie for him. He unconsciously presses his fingers on the collar of his shirt and sighs again before walking towards the bathroom.

He locks the door and stares at the sink, contemplating whether to splash some cold water on his face in hopes of waking him up from this nightmare.

You'll only get your shirt wet, .

After groaning for God knows how long, he stares straight into his fogged reflection on the small mirror atop the sink and nods.

He'll do this. He'll go through with this just to please his father for the meantime.

Jongin's face pops up and his heart starts to thrum wildly. He lied to the male earlier, asking him to pick up his book he left at school with the excuse that he needs it badly for his report.

Jongin complied without a hitch, a low mumble of 'I'll be going now, young master. Don't cause trouble while I'm away.'

Kyungsoo playfully thwacks him, swallowing down the guilt rising up like bile on his throat from the lie. He half wishes Jongin would be able to see right through him; to reprimand him and make him tell the truth.

But Jongin only smiled at him before heading out. Kyungsoo feels sick. Sweet, sweet Jongin with his honesty.

Kyungsoo did not deserve him.

But he’s not going to give him up either.

The silence is broken by the soft sound of his door opening and Kyungsoo finally unlocks the door.

“I’m here, dad.” He fixes a frown on his face and looks up.

Jongin meets his eyes.

Kyungsoo would have brushed it off, except there on Jongin’s hand, is the all too familiar folder he wishes he stashed deep inside his drawer before going inside the bathroom.

“Jongin.”

“Young master.” Jongin cuts in cold. There’s a smile on his face but it doesn’t quite reach his eyes and Kyungsoo doesn’t like it; doesn’t like it one bit.

Kyungsoo feels his breath hitch, eyeing Jongin who places the folder down on his desk and bow stiffly.

“Your father requests your presence now, young master.” Jinki steps in, eyes darting between Jongin and Kyungsoo.

Jongin’s the first to move, nodding and flashing another weak smile at Kyungsoo before swiftly walking past Jinki and out of Kyungsoo’s room.

Kyungsoo feels the dread coming in waves; drowning him.

No.