final

Baby blue

Mir munched on his lunch as his wide eyes flickered awkwardly through the unfamiliar space of this noisy classroom. It was the very first day he moved in from his hometown and apparently, none of his new classmates were interested in him. That was why now he was eating alone at his desk. Well... To be honest, he wasn't really interested in these people as well.

"Behold people! The master has arrived!" A playful loud voice made Mir looked towards the doorframe where a guy with raven hair and foxy smile was dancing his way into the classroom. Later, a spiky messy redhead stroded after, earphone in his ears as he, oh so coolly, took a seat on the empty seat next to Mir after kicking the dancing boy out of his way. A few female students went to help the poor fallen boy. Heh... Quite popular one heh...

Great, Mir thought. Now he had to spend one long years sitting beside a delinquent who clearly have no problem in coming at school late. Like really late. Oh, wait... He was exaggerating. His father had said it himself that he could move back to Jansung once his job is finished which wouldn't be that long. He could settle it in one night. Maybe. Mir scowled at his own lack of confidence but quickly fixed his expression when the redhead stared sharply on his way. He unconsciously bowed his head a little.

The redhead unplugged his earphones and looked curiously at Mir. "Who are you?" He asked monotonously.

"New student here!" Another voice cut Mir off before Mir could even open his mouth to answer and he felt arm around his shoulder. "Uuuhhh... Yummy!" Mir turned and saw another boy, looking decently like a good boy, yet acted so freaking rudely as the boy just grabbed one of egg roll in Mir's lunch box. "Me likey~" He praised as he chewed on the egg roll with closed eyes. Appearance could be so deceiving.

"Ugh! GO! Stop hoggling down other people's food! And Seungho. That was mean of you kicking such a handsome boy like me." The one that had been dancing just now twirled his way to stand in between the redhead's and Mir's table. "Joon." He hold out his hand to Mir which Mir took politely.

"Mir!" Again, this GO guy cut Mir off before he even had a chance to introduce himself.

"And this punk over here is Seungho." Joon pulled away his hand and clapped on the redhead's shoulder a few times which this Seungho just replugged his earphone and proceeded to ignore them.

"Nice to meet you." Mir said with friendly smile attached to his lips and could only remained quiet when he realized his lunchbox now was on GO's laps and he was finishing it. Hurm... Now he missed his lunch.

Mir looked past GO and locked his eyes with another boy, fair skin, tall, sleepy eyes, who just waltzed into the class and threw his bag on a table at the front. What is wrong with the students here? Why are there so many of latecomers? Their eyes locked and the boy gave him a half sincere lazy smile and Mir just replied with almost similar smile.

"Yah! Dongie! Come over here!" Joon shouted while waving his hand towards the tall boy. Once the sleepy looking boy was standing in front of Mir's table, Mir looked up, feeling his neck a bit hurt doing that. "This is Sanghyun but we call him Cheondung sometimes."

"So... Where do you come from?" GO asked Mir and put back the now empty lunch box onto the table.

"Jansung." Mir simply answer as he put the luchbox into the drawer of his table.

Sanghyun hummed. "Why do you transfer here?"

At Sanghyun's question, a smirk made way to his pouty lips. "To find baby blue."

Mir's words had caught all the boy's attention, not excluding even Seungho whom turned his eyes away from the window and fixed them on Mir. There was silence for a good moment.

"Baby blue? What does that mean?" Joon asked, curious as he pulled a chair and plant himself next to Mir, leaning closer to the new student.

"Exactly what I said." Mir aswered nonchalantly. "To find baby blue."

"Who..." GO stopped and corrected himself. "Ani... What is this baby blue suppose to be?"

Mir chuckled softly. "Never heard of it?" All the three boys except Seungho shook their head. But, from his sharp dark eyes, Mir knew Seungho was just as clueless and as curious as the other three. A sneaky smile adorned Mir's face. These guys could be a bit of use to him, apparently. "If you guys want to know, let's meet tonight in front of the school." Mir enjoyed the dumbfounded look on each of their face. "Ah~ One more thing. The toilet in this school has no window... Right?"

"Never really notice." Joon mumbled.

"Toilet? It does. It sure does have window. In fact, all of the toilets in this school have window." GO interfered and even more confused when Mir's smile slightly faltered and his thick brows pulled together.

"Except one." Sanghyun interfered. "The one in the old building."

"That one?!" Joon squeaked, swallowing hard remembering the abandoned building which was once part of the school. It was still part of the school, it just that, it was no longer in use. And also... There were lots of stories about that old building. It was quite popular in their school-student website. That was why teachers probihited anyone to cross that area.

Mir's vanished smile now came back again as the boy muttered quietly. "Perfect."

 

¤¤¤¤¤

 

The night around this school gave out kind of an eery aura. Fastening the sling bag on his back and pulling his black hoodie to cover his dark brown hair, Mir looked around the front gate from behind a tree. A guard was sitting in the small booth while watching TV near the front gate. Mir knew this school have two guards watching over the school for every shift. The other one must have been on his patrol.

Mir waited for a bit while chewing on the apple in his hand until another guard finally came into view. Smiling, he threw the remaining apple behind into the bushes and started towards another gate behind the school. Once he reached there, Mir looked up to the tall gate.

"This school is sure damn big." He muttered. Mir was about to rev his engine into a start when a voice called out from behind him. He stopped his plan to jump over the gate using the large rocks located near the gate.

"Need help?" He turned and saw GO skipping his way happily towards him, Joon and Sanghyun following close behind with Sanghyun yawning loudly that Mir suspected his jaw would fall.

"So... You guys really come." Mir said, didn't even care to hide his amusement. He thought they would chickened out but then again, these boys didn't really know what Mir had in mind and what they might have to go through tonight. Mir's brows rose higher when he finally saw Seungho who was walking slowly towards the small group. Mir bit his lips to stop himself from snickering. They really had no idea...

"This guy dragged us here." Joon made a face and jabbed his index finger on GO's arm.

"Yup. What are we up to here?" GO asked with anticipation, completely treating Joon like an invisible man.

Mir smiled and waited until Seungho reached and joined their small circle. "You guys sure you want to do this?"

"Hence my question. What are we going to do?" Now GO was impatient.

Mir just grinned and reached for his bag. He took out a book. Look more like a planner and another book with hard cover and weird engraving on it. "So you guys really haven't heard about baby blue?" They shook their head almost synchronizely. Exhaling, Mir put the small planner into his jeans pocket. It would be easier to reach. "What about bloody mary?" He kept asking while leafing through the engraved book.

"Err... Cocktail? With vodka and all..." Joon tried with a stiff smile and awkward laugh as his eyes kind of trailed around the dark surrounding.

Sanghyun scoffed. "Yeah right. We're standing here in the middle of the night most likely heading towards the old building of school, into toilet even, of course he was talking about a drink. Very logic." Joon glared at his sarcastic friend which Sanghyun brushed off easily before he turned back to Mir. "It's about that dead woman in the mirror right?"

Mir nodded at Sanghyun. "Basically, baby blue is an urban legend too. Well, some people said baby blue is bloody mary's ghost child." Mir handed the book to Sanghyun once he found the page. "Most of urban legends have demon at work." Mir said and pointed to a picture in the book. "Wanna join me busting some creepy ghost?" Mir wiggled his brows.

"Who the hell are you?" Joon asked, gawking at the pictures and his jaw dropped even more if possible once he turned the other pages with lots of explanation of other types of supernatural thing.

Mir shrugged. "Ghostbuster... Witch... Demon slayer... Call me whatever you want." He threw glances to the four boys alternately ad his eyes lingered a bit longer on GO who was being uncharacteristically quiet.

GO noticed the stare from Mir and looked away before he started to speak again. "Is this real? Are you real?" GO asked, eyes glued to the book.

"Yup. As real as a demon with saw-teeth but cry like a baby which is really real by the way and I had encountered once." Mir casually replied with a smug grin. "What do you say? Have guts to play baby blue game?"

"Game? Are you insane?" Joon exclaimed.

"Yeah. I get that a lot. To trap a demon, of course you have to play the game. And then BOO! Ambush!" Mir explained lightly as if it was a really easy task to carry out. He even made precise moves to emphasize his words. He narrowed his eyes and stared down on the four guys around him. "Forget it if you're scared."

"Hey! We aren't scared!" Joon defended.

"Good, then you're in." Mir hold out an unlit candle for Joon to have but obviously the boy wouldn't take it.

"Just not that brave." Joon mumbled shyly, pretending not to see the candle.

Mir smirked and was about to pull back his hand when another hand took that candle from him. "Explain me the rules." Seungho spoke monotonously after had been silent since the start.

"Perfect." Mir muttered and started explaining. And the game started.

 

●●●●●

 

Thanks to Sanghyun possessing whole bunch of keys to any doors and gates in this school, they didn't have to climb the tall gate. It was kind of impressive to Mir, knowing Sanghyun had made copies of all those keys right on the very first day in this school. Convenient, huh?

"Don't lock the door in case I need to save you in there." Mir reminded once Seungho was about to step into the dark bathroom. "Oh. And wear this." Mir pulled Seungho's hand and gave the boy a ring with engravement of letters on it. Not just any letters. A greek enchantment.

"Ouh! The popular boy got proposed." Joon teased.

"And they live happily ever after. You may now kiss the bride. Wait, both are grooms!" GO joined in laughing loudly with Joon and Sanghyun.

"Very funny." Seungho made a face and slammed close the door but not before hearing Mir's teasing.

"Take care princess!" Mir laughed to himself when he got no answer from Seungho. He turned and leaned his back on the wall next to the door. He pulled out his planner and started his revising. Being prepared was always a really good idea.

"So..." GO started, breaking the silence. "You transfer here solely for this?" 

Mir nodded while his eyes still scanning the words sketched in the small book. "One of the students here send me email about this."

"You made a business out of this?" Sanghyun asked in disbelief.

"Yup. The pay is good by the way."

"Are you going back to Jansung once you finished?" This time it was Joon.

"Most probably." Mir looked up from his book. He glanced over the closed door. "He's very quiet." Mir mumbled, a bit uneasy.

"He did everything quietly. It's his style." Joon explained.

"Either he's really brave or there just nothing here but another lies." Mir put back all his things into his bag.

It took almost ten minutes when Seungho finally walked out of the toilet. Mir's brows knitted at the slightly pale complexion on Seungho's face and Mir's sharp eyes didn't miss the way Seungho's right hand was massaging his left hand.

"How did it goes?" Joon asked excitedly.

"Nothing in there." Seungho answered casually and threw the candle to Mir who caught it easily.

"Sure." Mir said, putting back the candle into his bag. "Ah-ah!" Mir quickly stopped Seungho who was about to pull off the ring he gave before. "Just wear it for a few more days." Mir said with a sweet smile as he gave another glance to the dark toilet. "Let's go home." He beckoned the others, hiding his smile away. Looked like he had to stay here for a few more days.

 

●●●●●

 

"Baby blue... Blue baby... Baby blue... Blue baby..."

 

Seungho shook his head. Last night, he had a nightmare about a small baby in his hold. Small yet so heavy and today he woke up with dead arm and his shoulder still ached even now.

"Any sweet dream last night?" Seungho flinched back a bit when Mir interrupted his thought and was looking at his way with those annoyingly bright wide orbs. Something about the way Mir looked at him and the way the boy's lips tugged into secretive smile slightly bothered him.

"I have!" Joon cut in. "I dream of girls~" He sang song and winked at few female students who were looking his way and ended up with them squealing and giggling happily.

"Must be dirty kind." Sanghyun came and sat at the edge of Mir's table. Hands in pocket.

"Slander is a sin." Now, that was GO. He looked a bit pale though, and Mir of course noticed that.

"Yea... Yea..." Sanghyun waved off his hand randomly as if he was swatting away GO's boring response.

"Baby blue... Blue baby..." Mir chanted in a casual way and watched carefully how colours almost completely left Seungho and GO's face. Interesting... Acting as if he never said those creepy words, Mir continued with his sweet smile. "So, do you live alone?"

The other four were a bit weirded out by Mir's sudden interest in Seungho but none of them said anything. "Yea. I live alone."

"Cool." Mir nodded. "Can I have a sleepover? Tonight?"

Seungho blinked. "Huh?"

Mir clicked his tongue when Joon walked into his line of sight, successfully blocking his view on Seungho. "Do you swing that way or something?" This boy sure was nosy.

"Do I look like one?" Mir retorted back leisurely, leaning on his seat and skimming back through the pages of his small planner.

"Well... You do have pretty face." Sanghyun added looking uninterested and not even a bit sincere.

At that, Mir almost burst out laughing. Almost. "Hah! Thanks a lot for your compliment. But I believe I love girls." He said and waved at one of the girls in the class whom he had noticed since the first day he was here, kept stealing glances at him. The girl's white skin turned burning red and she scurried out of the class. Cute...

"Who doesn't..." GO mumbled. "Hey, Seungho. My parents are away on business. Can I hang out at your place?" He sat down at the table in front of Seungho with a sigh. Seungho just replied with a humm.

"You guys really got messed up, aren't you?" Mir muttered under his breath sympathetically and shook his head slightly. "I'm coming too if you don't mind." He announced in normal voice. Seungho still just humming as reply and Mir took it as an okay.

 

●●●●●

 

Well, of course these two would be here too. Mir chuckled softly to himself as he saw Joon and Sanghyun setting up the table in the living room with snacks and drinks.

"Can I use your bathroom?" Mir had asked and Seungho just nodded while pointing towards a direction.

"He's really weird, don't you think?" Joon suddenly voiced out once Mir disappeared behind the wall.

"The only weird one is you." Sanghyun shot and just grinned when Joon threw him a sharp glare. "Oh come one. Of course he is weird. He said it himself he's a ghostbuster. Either he is mental or we're mental for actually being his friend."

Joon nodded thoughtfully. "So, he's a bit... You know... Up here." Joon gestured towards his temple and twirled his index finger.

Sanghyun shrugged. He noticed how Seungho massaged his shoulder and looked a bit uncomfortable. "What is it? Did you hurt you shoulder again?" He asked, when he got reminded how Seungho injured his clavicle when they were messing around in the boxing arena. One of their hobby.

"I don't know. It hurt and feel stiff." Seungho answered with a frown. "Maybe I'm just tired."

"Urm... Seungho..." GO called from the kitchen. Sound of footsteps and few seconds later, GO was already in the living room. He hold up a baby doll with blue eyes. "Why is this in the kitchen cupboard?"

"Wha- It's not mine." Seungho jumped on his feet but didn't take the doll from GO's hand.

"Clearly." Sanghyun added, bowing down a bit to get a better look on the doll only to jump back when the doll slipped from GO's hand and fall onto the floor. "What the hell?" Sanghyun asked, looking down at the doll which was now near his feet. He smoothed his hand over his chest. He got a little bit surprised just now.

"I-I didn't mean too. It suddenly become... Heavy." GO defended, looking a bit flustered.

"Give me back my baby." A whisper suddenly blew through the room.

Joon gasped, earning the other three attention. Sanghyun was the first one to ask. "What? What is it?"

Joon looked around wildly, almost spinning on his toes in doing so. "Don't you guys hear that?" Joon asked in a whisper. He just felt the necessity to do that for he was suspecting that maybe someone broke into the house and he didn't want to be rash.

"Hear what? And why are you whispering?"

Right after GO's question, this time a sharp breath came from Seungho. They turned to the redhead. "Where's the doll?" All four pair of eyes scanning the now empty floor.

Each of them could feel a knot forming in the pit of their stomach, hair on their nape standing up and they broke into cold sweat. They swore they could hear loud thumping of their own blood pumping behind their ears.

"H-hey!" Sanghyun started again, a small nervous smile tugged on his lips. "This isn't funny." He spoke a bit louder resulting on Joon tugging at his wrist.

"Yah! What are you doing?" Joon asked in a whisper.

"Well, Mir isn't here. Who else could've been the one doing this." Sanghyun explained his theory and seemingly, the other three somehow agreed to that idea. This must be related to that weird kid. But as they were just about to calm down, thinking this was just a prank from the new kid, another whisper echoed through the room. This time the whisper sounded harsh, filled with rage and anger.

"GIVE ME BACK MY BABY!" 

Joon shouted and fall unto the couch, making the other three jumped in shock. With trembling hand, he pointed to the mirror located near the stairs to the second floor. All four pair of eyes fixed on the mirror. A reflection of a woman standing there. It was blurry at first then, it became clearer and somehow the image was closing in to the mirror. The four boys could only watched in horror as the image crawled out of the mirror onto the floor of the living room.

"Give me back my baby." A pair of glaring red orbs from behind the messy long black hair stabbed Seungho's stunned figure.

All four of them had the same question lingering in their mind. Were they going to die?

"Sure, . After you." Mir suddenly appeared, leaping onto the entity with four silver rods in his hand. He swiftly use each of them to lock the entity's hands and feet until the entity was lying flat on the floor, scream of agony filled the room.

Mir proceeded to ghost his hand above the pinned down entity and chanted. "Go back to your own world." Mir said after finishing his chant and turned around just in the time as black colored fire lit up and burned the whole existense of the entity. Mir looked up to Seungho with a smile. "Now it's time to send the brat back to his mom."

Mir stepped closer and gave Seungho a look as his eyes flickered to Seungho's aching shoulder.

"You feel it, don't you? It's clinging on your arm." Mir took out a small mirror from his pocket and turned it on Seungho's shoulder and to Seungho's horror, he saw an entity looking like a baby yet its skin were of blue hue and was sitting on Seungho's shoulder reflected on the mirror. "Throw it down." Mir ordered but Seungho was too paralyzed by fear. "I can't tear him away from you for you. He thought you're his father now." Mir said calmly.

Gathering his courage, Seungho just squeezed shut his eyes and ripped the invisible heavy infant off of his shoulder. A loud ear-stabbing cry of a baby followed after making all of them cringe. Mir easily sent off even the baby to wherever it was supposed to be.

 

●●●●●

 

It took them half an hour to calm down again but all of them still had this blank look on their face as if they couldn't believe what had just happened before them. They were still thinking that they were actually just dreaming. Or hallucinating. Anything that made more sense than seeing actual demon.

"Thanks to you, I have to wait until they both came out." Mir suddenly started, breaking the silence. His eyes was on GO. "You are the one sending me the email, aren't you?"

GO looked surprised and looked around him when the other three friends of him gave him questioning eyes. He hung his head low after finally giving an answer to Mir's question in the form of micronod.

"You summoned them." Mir continued and once again, GO nodded.

"I-it was an accident. I was just playing with the hoobaes and... And..." GO stopped, not finishing his sentence as his skin blanched and his eyes seemed fearful.

"Do you mean the game of dare during the first week we arranged for the first year freshmen?" Sanghyun asked, brows pulled in.

GO nodded yet again. "I found the bloody mary game in the internet and thought it would be fun. There were three of them in the toilet. Playing the game. They came out looking pale and scared, I didn't know the game work. Since then, I have been having nightmare and they died one by one. Accident... Suicide... And unknown case. The only similarly is that they had their eyeballs scraped out of the sockets."

"You know you will be next." Mir said ironically. "These kind of games is a big no, you know. It became tragedy because that didn't just involve bloody mary but her child too. One of you late hoobaes must have provoked it by yelling like 'I steal you child' or something." Mir sighed and shook his head in disbelief. "Kids nowadays..." He breathed out. Without that ring, the blue baby would have killed Seungho. He knew it was better to take care of it fast but by sending the blue baby first would enrage the bloody mary. Enraged demon was something you should feel fearful of. So, he had to wait and made sure his suspicion of another demon involved in this case. Wait until bloody mary showed up. It worth the wait anyway.

"Why didn't you kill them that night?" GO asked. He thought Mir couldn't handle it when Mir decided to just go home that night and he lost hope when that same night he was once again haunted by the same dream of a lady in the mirror. He really thought he had lost all hope.

"Serve you right for messing around with something you don't know." Mir simply answered, not intending to explain the real reason.

"About your job." Seungho suddenly spoke up. "You have finished it successfully, right?"

Mir hummed and nodded. "Perfectly." He winked. Now, times to go back to Jansung.

"Hey... I... Umm... Your job kind of interesting. Can I... Umm... Be like your partner or something?" Seungho asked shyly.

Mir's smile faltered and his features tensed. "I work alone." He said coldly but then a smile adorned his face. "So the hero usually say in movie. I'm not going to use that dialog. Two is better than one but you sure do have lots to learn. This would be a good start." Mir threw his small planner onto Seungho's lap. "Finish this, and I'll bring you with me."

And surely enough, the day after tomorrow, both Mir and Seungho transfered out of the school. Work never ends... Adventures too...

 

 

hope it work :)