Final

The Runaway Groom

The Runaway Groom

 

Taemin looks around for the hundredth time to see if there is someone who's watching him. Luckily, everyone's attention is Naeun in her disgustingly fluffy white dress and flowers in her hair and hands. He has to admit that Naeun looks completely gorgeous against the fact she looks like a walking and breathing cupcake. She's all smiles as both of their relatives compliment her repeatedly and she's still in the thought that it'll be the happiest day of her life.

They say, if the groom sees the bride before wedding , it means bad luck.

Well, it is a bad luck for Naeun because if everything's going fine, there won't be wedding. Taemin knows it'll surely crush her little heart and that he's practically a monster leaving her like this, without a note or anything that tells her where he disappears so suddenly. He's thought about being a man and tell her that this marriage won't be good for neither of them but he doesn't have the courage to actually do it.

See, this marriage isn't completely arranged. Taemin's had a choice on accepting it or not. Both of them agreed in union because why not, after all. They have fun around each other, they are friends for god knows how long ago and it's not like they have someone beside them. Plus, they can make their parents happy and their businesses blossoming. It's a win-win situation. It looked like a sane idea until Taemin realized it as his biggest mistake ever, a day before the wedding.

He can't get married. Not now, when he's discovered something important.

Taemin loves someone. He was just too stupid to realize it. It took half dozen can of beer, a chaste kiss and a drunken confession to lead him to this realization. Oh, and a letter from his love that he's really sorry but he won't be able to attend on the wedding since he's leaving for the UK in the afternoon.

All he wants is to call the wedding off but he just can do this. He's already agreed with it. He just can't back away now when the ceremony is about to start.

 

So he does the simplest thing he can think of- he runs away.

 

He looks around once more just to calm down his rapidly beating heart. It's ridiculous how no one is curious about the groom but also it's his luck. He can go without anyone noticing him. He takes some money with him so he can run away fully, at least the amount of time until his and Naeun's parents calm down and he can look into his bride's eyes without feeling remorse- but he's pretty much sure, this moment won't come so he has to brace himself.

Taemin hops into the limo which role would've been to pick them up after the wedding, and prays he's not late.

 

 

 

Taemin nervously adjusts his suit and the flower in his pocket- which matches with the one's in Naeun's hair- as he stands in front of his best friend's apartment. Since the realization hit him, he finds himself not being the same before. Any other time, he would kick in the door and ask Minho to make him something to eat. Now, he's here and he's afraid of knocking on the door and facing his best friend. No, he should stop calling him his best friend since he's grown out this role.

Taemin bits into his lips and as he exhales sharply. He doesn't have the whole day for miserably stand before Minho's door. People on the wedding  will discover his disappearance soon and Minho's leaving in two hours from now on. It's now or never.

 

Three, tiny knocks after, the door opens and reveals a very shocked Minho.

 

"Taemin! What are you doing here?" He can't believe his eyes. How can Taemin suddenly appear in front of his door when his wedding starts soon.

"No, the better question is, what are you doing here?" Taemin acts like it's totally understandable from him to be there. He sighs and goes into the apartment, passing next to the still denying Minho who's sure his mind's playing with him. No one leaves their own wedding unless they want to run away. But it would be stupid from even Taemin, so he lets it be as the boy being nervous before the big day.

"Are you in your mind? Your wedding starts in like half an hour!"

"You are my best man and you don't want to come to my wedding." The boy stars talking about something else as he sits down on the couch. He needs to get through with it because he's sure the first place his parents will be searching for him is Minho's apartment. "You should be there with me, stopping me from doing the worst choice of my life."

"What? Escaping from your own wedding?" Minho snorts. As he can recall, he told Taemin about the reason why he won't attend his wedding the night before. He doesn't bear to look at the boy being happy, kissing and loving someone else than him.

It still embarrasses him, how easily the words slipped out of his mouth and Taemin refused to say anything other than asking him why as a never-ending question. The boy passed out in the middle of his explanation and he had to bring him home. It's a miracle Taemin doesn't have a hangover since he's pretty much a lightweight. Or maybe he has one and that's why he's here right now.

Taemin huffs, stands up from the couch and walks to the window. This way, he can look at Minho without really looking at him. It's his time to confess and his heart is about the burst.

"No! Stopping me from getting married with someone whom I don't love." The boy holds his breath in as he waits for an answer. He hopes it'll be enough for Minho to understand his feelings. He can see Minho furrow his eyebrows in confusion.

"That's absurd. You love Naeun."

"I don't!"

"You do. That's the cause you want to marry her." Taemin remembers that Minho doesn't know the details behind the marriage and believes it's fully because they love each other. Minho walks closer to Taemin to bump his shoulders a bit. "Now stop being a coward and go back to your wedding."

"Why do you desperately want me to send me back?" The boy pouts and shakes his head. He looks up at the elder beside him with big eyes which are seeking for an answer. "You told me you love me."

"Yes, but I want your happiness. It's just momentary fear, it'll pass and you'll be happy."

"You're not doing a good job about making me happy." Taemin grimaces and it makes Minho laugh a bit because he thinks this also. "What about going somewhere other than my wedding?"

"Don't even think about it. You're going back." The elder can't believe he had to say those words out because really it's silly. He loves Taemin and all he wants is to escape and be happy with him but they know they can't do this. At least, he knows this. He's not very sure about Taemin.

"But I have tickets to France." The boy sends him pleading eyes and Minho has to gather all of his strength not to give in.

"You're going back." Minho repeated.

"Okay, but with one condition." Taemin turns away from the window, looking expectedly at his best friend. He already has a plan B so he doesn't mind his fail this time. "You have to come with me."

"You know I don't want to see you get married." It's Minho's turn to frown. He just wants to save himself from a heartbreak.

"You don't have to stay there. Just be by my side a bit more."

 

 

 

Taemin insists that he wants to drive since it'll definitely calm his nerves down and it's the first weird thing Minho notices because he knows how the boy hates driving. He's always afraid of an accident and usually lets Minho to drive him.

The second thing is that Taemin is humming delightfully and smiling like an idiot. It makes Minho wander where his nervousness went.

Then, seeing the younger turn in the bad direction he knows it.

Taemin is running away with him.

"The place of the ceremony is in the other part of the city." Minho mumbles.

"I know." The boy nods as his smile grows wider and wider each second.

"Then where are we going?"

"To the airport."

"Why?" Minho doesn't really understand the whole situation Taemin's gotten him into. He supposed to be at home, preparing for leaving while chanting that it'll be the best for both of them, but now, he's here with a runaway groom whom kidnapped him and probably has stolen this car and the tickets to France.

He doesn't believe Taemin has the courage doing this. But there's nothing he can do against it. Not like he wants to do anything against it.

"I love you." Taemin said and quickly pressing his lips on Minho's on a little peck.

"That's not the answer of my question." The elder said, trying hard to hide his smile.

"No, it's an answer for everything."

 

 

 

an/ let's pretend it's still 2min day. (everyday is 2min day, anyway)