go to sleep

sleep tight (don't let the big bugs bite)

The practice went surprisingly long today so by the time they all got to the dorm, Soonyoung doesn’t dwell on the facts the members crash into their respective beds without having a proper clean up. Aka, they didn’t shower.

“Come on guys, you stink. Get a shower at least,” Soonyoung whines but gets promptly ignored by the snoring Jihoon and Chan who are now lying on heaps of limbs on the lower bed bunk, Seokmin with his legs dangling at the edges of his bed at the upper bunk, trying his best to pull the blankets up.

“We’ve brushed out teeth, that’s at least a good thing,” the younger grumbles into his pillow, Soonyoung rubs his face with his hands tiredly. Being the oldest in the room doesn’t necessarily means the other three actually listens to him, especially when it comes to bed time. He sighs dejectedly, shaking his head slightly. He knows the torture of having to train eight hours a day with minimal breaks in between but he’s also worried for the sake of their skins. They’re gonna get itchy all over by the morning.

“Fine…Don’t get all grumpy when you wake up all red everywhere,” Soonyoung mutters, climbing into his own bunk, the sleepiness hitting him like bricks on the head. He’s already taken a quick shower after everyone else was deemed done with freshen up.

He sighed blissfully when he lands his into his soft pillow, safely tucked into the warm cocoon that is his blanket. He feels the pressure and tiredness slowly dissipating through his every muscles and finds himself relaxing in less than a minute, his eyelids getting heavier at every second.

 

Even through the thick haze of sleepiness clouding his mind, Soonyoung could still manage to make out the soft muttering from underneath his bed, the bed creaking softly as the person speaks.

“…doing?”

“…sleep.”

“…”

Soonyoung blinks groggily, barely registering the words ‘hyung’s bed’ when he darts his eyes upwards, meeting with a blurry image of someone’s face. He blinks again. “…Mingyu?” his voice cracks dryly but he’s too sleepy to care.

Mingyu’s face is a bit hard to see due to the darkness of the room but he could definitely outline the sheepish smile the younger gives him, his arms crossed over the railing. “Hey hyung.”

“Hey yourself,” Soonyoung yawns widely, earning a soft chuckle from the other. He clears his throat awkwardly. “What’re you doing here so late?”

“I couldn’t sleep,” Mingyu says, voice soft and small but his voice cuts through the still silence of the air.

“Oh. Haven’t you try the milk?”

“I did. It didn’t work. I’ve been staying up since we got to the dorm,” Soonyoung is about to say something about ‘try to exercise, see if that helps’ when the younger beats him to it. “Can I sleep with you?”

Soonyoung blinks dumbly, his mind gear not functioning very well after being woken up so suddenly to make out what the latter had just said, but Mingyu doesn’t wait for his answer and just dives in, climbing the upper bunk easily and slipping into whatever was left of the space of Soonyoung’s small bed.

“What—Mingyu, what the hell—go sleep in your bed,” Soonyoung whines, but Mingyu stubbornly squeezes himself into the small space, unconsciously pressing Soonyoung backwards into the railing separating his and Seokmin’s beds. “Mingyu, you’re tall. You won’t fit in here. Your legs are gonna stuck out and someone’s gonna bump into them real hard.”

“Don’t care,” Mingyu sticks his tongue out at him. Soonyoung wants to pinch him hard on the cheek but his hands are pressed in between their bodies so he sighed in defeat. Another dongsaeng that doesn’t listen to him. What’s the use of being a hyung if these youngsters won’t even listen to him? Dilemmas, dilemmas.

It’s a bit uncomfortable, so Soonyoung has to wiggle a bit to find a proper position. But the younger helpfully slips his left arm under his neck out of the blue, pulling the older to sleep on his right side, facing him. Soonyoung pouts at being manhandled, Mingyu grins.

Soonyoung stares at Mingyu’s jugular, noticing how defined the younger’s jawline is, the prominent nose and strong collarbones. When he first met him a few years back, the younger was sporting baby fat on his cheeks and was at the same height as he was, all cute and sheepish. Now, he’s towering every member of the group, (which he begrudgingly confirmed), outgrowing everybody and losing the baby fats, his facial structure more prominent and handsome.

Just then, Soonyoung wonders just how fast the younger grew up, even when he was right beside him.

“Why can’t you sleep?” he asks, the hugest ounce of sleepiness still clogging his mind but he endures it for the sake of the younger. Mingyu’s an easy sleeper. Meaning, he can sleep at anytime, at anywhere. And it takes a hell of a lot time and a hell of a lot efforts to just get his eyes open (Soonyoung’s been there before, it was pretty bad). So when it’s like this, the only random rare nights where he couldn’t sleep, something must be off.

“I don’t know. Just couldn’t,” he feels Mingyu shrugs his shoulders. He raises an eyebrow. “Then why come here? Sleep with Wonwoo.”

“Wonwoo’s an aggressive when he sleeps. He kicks people at the excellent place all the time. Besides,” Soonyoung feels an arm linking around his waist, pressing his body flush into Mingyu’s and his face buries into the other’s chest, legs tangled with his, long slender fingers locked with the hair of his nape, and he feels his breath hitches.

“You’re so warm and cuddly and small I could just hug you all the time,” Mingyu practically cooes at this, Soonyoung’s sure of this. He always does this, especially at him, often off-cameras. He feels the familiar rush of heat to his face, hands pressed in between their flushed chests, and there’s a lump stuck in his throat.

“What—what the hell, w—warm? Cuddly? Small? Who do you take me for, a fuzy pink bear?” Soonyoung wants to yell, just to cover his embarrassment, but then again, Seokmin’s sleeping beside him, and he can’t risk the two sleeping beneath them waking up and finding him and Mingyu cuddling of all things, because they’re as loud as Seungkwan is when they’re hyped up.

“Just warm,” Mingyu happily mutters into his hair, stuffing his face into Soonyoung’s blond locks. Soonyoung feels so warm everywhere all of a sudden, his ears buzzing from how fast his blood’s rushing through his veins. He’s so embarrassed that he feels like pushing Mingyu off the bed right now, but he’s also very tired and very sleepy, so he settles on a tired sigh and buries his face into the younger’s heaving chest, inhaling the earthy musky scent of his, fresh and lively. He probably had just stepped out of the shower.

He’s warm, he thinks.

 

Mingyu wakes up startled by the loud screeching yell from suppossedly Seungkwan and loud cooes from, Junhui and Seokmin.

“Oh my god, you guys are so cute!” they squeal, earning a hush from Wonwoo who’s busy snapping pictures of him. Wait what?

“Huh?” Mingyu grumbles groggily. Hansol at the other side pops up from behind Wonwoo and grins up at him. “Yo, lovebirds. Sunshine’s up,” he says, stifling a giggle. Mingyu frowns. Lovebirds?

Just then, something—or someone, shifts in his arms slightly before stiffening like a rock in a second. Mingyu looks down and is met with a pair of wide eyes and tousled hair. Oh.

Oh.

 “I’m so gonna use this against you guys one day,” he hears Wonwoo mutters from behind him, Jihoon yelling from the distance ‘I want some of those too!’, and Soonyoung groaning bashfully, burying his face further into his neck, eliciting another coo from Junhui.

Mingyu grins, albeit soporifically, tightening his arm around the other even though the skin prickles from having being pressed by Soonyoung’s head the entire night.

“Morning hyung.”

“Shut up. I hate you.”

 

 

 

 

welp. that's official i guess. but again, i'm not very familiar with seventeen but i do really really REALLY find these two cute (it's as much as how much cute i find wonwoo is, seriously, that guy's gonna kill me soon with his cuteness and shyness and all WAAAAA) and english's not my mother language (sadly)

and enjoy this cute gif of these two little s