Chapter One- Withdrawls

Symptoms

It’s routine for them. The TVXQ duo tend to find themselves bickering over the smallest things. The music that plays in their car on a day off is no exception. Years before today, they established a rule: Whoever wasn’t driving got to choose the music for that trip. If it took longer than an hour to reach the destination, they’d just switch off.
It was Friday afternoon and Yunho and Changmin found themselves with some rare time off after morning schedules. Changmin’s growling stomach and never-ending appetite had seen to it that Yunho was driving his maknae for a late lunch. Changmin had put on a playlist from his Ipod and the speakers were resounding with SHINee today. That wasn’t the strange part, it was the fact that this made the third time that week.
At a red light, Yunho turned and quirked a brow quizzically to the younger. “Again?”
The sharp-witted Changmin had replied swiftly, “I’m not allowed to support our hoobaes?” and acted mildly put off.
“You know that’s not it. You literally always change songs before they’re finished even, and you’ve let-”, he leans in to peer at the screen, “-Fourteen play since we left the house.
“I skipped two.” Changmin reasons, but the look he’s receiving is almost too much guilt in itself. He grabs the device and flips to another playlist. “I’m bored with it now anyways.” He mourns the vocal loss quietly.
“Changmin.”
The maknae points, helpfully. “You have a green light, hyung.”
Changmin.” Yunho persists, even as he continues to drive.
What?!” Changmin snaps. He’s having actual withdrawals now and EXO isn’t what he wants to hear at all, despite his support of the hoobaes.
The beats of “Love Me Right” play four more seconds before anyone speaks again, it’s Yunho.
“Who?” he asks, quietly, and Changmin’s scoff of shock is award-winning, but Yunho knows him far too well. “We’ll talk over lunch…” he finalizes.
Changmin just groans in agony and sighs. He’s in for it. The secret is out.