Final

Lost

 

         On the dreary evening on the 27th of March, a vast open field was slowly drowned in fog and rain as the house in front of it became sullen and dark. A lone figure had crept its way to the corner, wrapping herself with thick wool of blanket around her petite figure. Her head buried in her tangled legs as her palms were pressed deep against her ears, blocking away the sounds of scratching and banging of the windows as the wind blew furiously against it.

 

She hated the rain. She hated everything about it.

 

        She was like this because of the rain. She was in pain because of the rain. She lived like a ghost because of the rain. She’s alone because of the rain. I want this to be the end for me, she at least thought once a day. Everything was taken away from her but it was not because of the rain, obviously it was not because of it. But bad things happen every time a rain drop would fall from the sky, that’s what she believes. Both her parents died in a car crash, it was raining. Her best friend committed suicide deciding to end her life without even saying goodbye, it was also raining. And the last; she never wanted to remember the last. It only happened recently and it was probably the most heart quenching experience she had ever had in her whole life.

 

Left. Broken. Betrayed. Lost.

 

       That’s what how she feels. She was everything a broken glass would feel; everything was just a mess for her. She brought her knees up even closer to her chest as a light sob escaped her thin lips. Her hands were now brawled into a fist, gripping tightly on the strands of her hair as another roar of the thunder made its way to her hearing, making her slightly jump. She did not want to cry over something like that, she didn’t want to be weak in front of everyone. In front of him.

 

       He was like a walking encyclopedia for her, showering her with thoughts and ideas about the reality of this world and its beauty. He was beauty himself, she presumes. He was also like a blooming flower; he never fails to make her smile every step of the way. He was always there for her, through those ups and downs, and twist and turns, he was always there. A guardian angel, as cliché as it sounds it made him fit the role of it. But all that crumbled down when two years had passed ever since the two had started dating, two years of being ignored and two long years of being untouched with love, to be treated like a ghost until that day happen when everything broke down into tiny tendrils that would never go back into its own cave.  

 


Slowly waking up from the deep slumber, Aira immediately sat up from her position as she slowly turn her head from left to right for her vision wasn’t clear yet. Once it did, she let out a light groan the moment she decided to get up from the bed to start cooking breakfast down stairs. She quietly arrived at the silent place, immediately getting the ingredients to cook as she heard light shuffling from behind afterwards. She then slowly turned around; having to be faced to face with the boy she had decided to live with for the past three years of dating. She smiled at the site in front of her before she went in closer to give him a light peck on the cheek, which she slightly felt him flinch at the sudden gesture.

 

“I cooked you—”

“No need. I’ll be going out with the guys, just eat it yourself.”

 

           And he left. That’s what always happens every morning. He wakes up, looks at her cooking breakfast for the two of them and then just leave all of a sudden, making enough excuses to not be with her. She noticed it of course, what kind of girlfriend wouldn’t when their boyfriend is obviously trying to ignore them for the past two years without any reason at all? She sighed at the umpteenth time that week as her arms fell lifeless on her sides, her head bent down low as she bit down on her bottom lip to restrain herself from letting out a sob.

 


 

         She made her way down the side walk in baby steps, placing her hands on her pockets as she suddenly felt the cold breeze hit her small figure. She was making her way to the supermarket since she ran out of food in the fridge; she decided to go grocery shopping. Once she arrived at the store, she wasted no time on buying the things she needed. When she was done, she paid for all of it before she made her way outside again.

 

         Walking hastily on the sidewalk as she knew night time was about to come. Her pace started to quicken when she felt tiny droplets of water had dropped on her face, she knew it was about to rain any time soon. Thunder had suddenly started to be audible around the area and within a hear beat, the rain had started to pouring down; soaking Aira. She decided to cover up under a tree at the nearby park, placing the groceries down on each of her sides as she rubbed her arms when she suddenly felt cold.

 

“Are you cold?”

“No baby, I’m fine.”

“Are you sure?”

“I’m sure. Don’t you worry.”

            

             Light giggles had interrupted her thoughts as her body immediately stiffens. Her lips were slightly quavering at the sound of a very familiar voice. She shook her head, not wanting to think of the possibilities that she didn’t want to happen. Her thoughts were interrupted again when the same voices can be heard, it sounded like they were just right on the other side of the tree she was standing under. She decided to close her eyes as she listened to their sweet talks and their giggles, it sounded like the two were madly in love which made her heart quench even more as pool of tears were now slowly rolling down her cheeks.

 

           Right when she decided to turn around, letting the tears to flow down from her eyes even more as the site in front of her was too heart aching to bear. “S-Sehun” Her eyes met his brown orbs, widening a bit as his mouth fell ajar at person who had called him, immediately releasing the unknown girl from his hold as he wiped his lips, knowing that the other was placed on top of it just moments ago. “W-Why…” A light sob had escaped in between her lips as the boy could only stare guiltily at her. “Aira I can exp—” “No. You don’t have to explain anything. I understand now S-Sehun, I understand now.” And with that has been said, she made a run for it as the groceries that she had bought earlier were not forgotten, only running away from the scene was her main thought at the moment.

 

“Aira wait! No, slow down!”

 

          Her heart clenched even more at the way he had said her name, it has been a while since she had heard him say her name. Her small figure was too weak compared to his as he had grabbed a hold of her wrist not long after she had ran away, making both of them stop at the middle of the road, soaking both of them as they stood there under the rain. “P-Please, let me explain.” He said with a light stutter, staring at the girl in front of him as she was looking down on the wet ground, trying to avoid his gaze.

 

          Once his statement had reached her ears, she then looked up before a bitter laugh escaped her lips. She then slapped his hand from her wrist before her gaze had turned sour. “Explain? You think you can explain? Explain what Sehun?! Tell me that she’s just a friend or she’s just some stranger that you didn’t know?! I knew it all along, okay? I knew that you were cheating but I never said a word about it. Why? It’s because I love you so ing much that when I do, I might just lose you and you know that I wouldn’t want that to happen.” twisted and the pain was unbearable as more sobs escaped , letting him see how broken she was and when he did, he started to feel the regret and guilt eating inside him.

 

“I can change Aira. Please, j-just don’t leave me—”

“Change? You want change? I gave you two years to change, Sehun, two whole years and you wasted it. You’re a jerk and I can’t believe I trusted someone like you.”

          

              His body went rigid as his gaze turned sourer than hers, fist clenching as his eyes bore holes on her. “J-Jerk? You think I’m a jerk? Why don’t you look at yourself Aira, you’re so dumb and so stupid to even realize that I don’t care for you anymore. You want to know why? It’s because you’re boring and I regret loving you! Ever since Jongin appeared in our life I knew you were slowly drifting away, away from me. So I had decided to drift away first and you know what? It worked. You can hang out with Jongin all you want. All I know is I don’t want es in my sight.”

 

             And that made her snap, hand slowly rising before it made contact to his left cheek, marking a bloody hand print on his pale skin. Aira sobbed even more as his words registered on her mind. Was she just a toy for him? Was she a in his eyes? Doesn’t he love her anymore? Everything didn’t make sense to her. He was so loving at first and now he turned into an unknown monster anyone wouldn’t want to meet.

 

           “F-Fine then. I just want you to know that for the past three years of our relationship I never regretted every single moment of it, even if you did. I never regretted loving you and I never will ever regret having you, but now I don’t. Then I’ll do both of us a favor, we’re over. And about Jongin? Oh yeah him, he’s my cousin.” 

 

          His body slumped lifeless as he stared as his whole world was slowly breaking apart right in front of him. His everything started walking away from him, leaving him and that gave pain inside him. Unconsciously, he felt a hot liquid running down his cheeks and when he reached up to touch it; he realized he had shed a tear. “A-Aira?” He lightly whispered in a stutter as he gazed at the empty space in front of him. And before he knew it, he collapsed on his knees, his chest had started to ache as his throat clenched, finally making him feel what real pain felt like.

 


Aira sighed at the memory before her attention was focused on the white wall in front of her, gazing at it ever so lifelessly as she was drown in her own train of thoughts and memories. It only had been two weeks since that incident happened and after that day, she never saw him again. She never felt like she had left the house, never had eaten, and never had left the place she was currently sitting on. Had it been a long time? No, it only had been weeks. But what can she do? She was obviously trapped in a world she now sees as hell.

 

          Her thoughts were interrupted when she suddenly heard a knock from her door. She slowly looks up to look to her side, her gaze now planted on the peached colored wood beside her. Her gaze remained distant as her body remained calmed but she knows inside, she felt stiff.

 

“Aira?”

          She admitted that it has been a while since she heard her name being spoken like that, being spoken with that tone and with that voice, being said by him. Her lips slightly shook as the tears on her eyes came rolling down on her cheeks even more as she sat there silently on the corner, still gazing at the door beside her. “I just want to explain everything. No, I want to apologize. But please, just let me in for once…” She noticed how cracked and weak his voice sounded like and she knew, he was also as equally as broken as she is right now.

 

          Aira slowly stood up from her place, still not moving an inch out from her current area as she continued to stare at the door. “Aira?” And ever so slowly, the door creaked open, letting her see the man she had yearned and craved to see. But she noticed how much he’s changed. She noticed that he became slimmer, paler, and the visible eye bags that were under his eyes. Wasn’t he living peacefully like how he wanted from the beginning just like what he had last said to her?

 

           But something was more off about him, something anyone could notice right at the moment he had stepped inside the room. She noticed him looking around the room like he saw no one but him inside and that made her puzzled. Wasn’t she in the room with him? Why can’t he look her way? Her eyes followed his every movement, seeing him still looking around the room. “Aira?” She heard him call again and that made her more confused. She was just standing right in front of him, right?

 

          She continued to stare at him until he decided to open the small bathroom that was in her room and the moment that he did, she saw him collapse down on his knees like the last time he saw her that night under the pouring rain. “S-Sehun?” She felt nothing but hearing herself whisper his name out. Why was she even whispering when she knew she had said it out aloud? “Sehun…” And again, it came out just like how the first one did—a whisper.

 

          “A-Aira…” Alex slightly crawled on the bathroom’s tiled floor; his body was shaking as the site in front of him was unbearable to see. He crawled even more until his pants were soaked with water, red-colored water. Once he was in front of the bathtub, tears started to pour down his face as light sobs were audible in the room. “Aira, please stop joking this isn’t funny. P-Please...” Ever so slowly, he took the lifeless body off the tub as he placed it on his arms, looking down at it as his heart clenched even more. His clothes were now stained with the red liquid around the figures body in his arms—blood. His shaking hand slowly reaching out to move the hair that was covering the body’s face—Aira’s body. 

 

          “B-Baby, do you still remember how we first met? It was at school, remember? You hated me and I hated you, we both hated each other. But later on we became good friends and then close friends unto l-lovers.” He cradled the girl in his arms as more sobs escaped his lips, his hand running through her wet hair even when he knew she wouldn’t respond to his gentle touch. “Do you even remember what day is today, honey? Today’s our five year anniversary. Happy A-Anniversary baby…” He closed his eyes as the silhouette behind him, staring at him with hurt eyes was crying even more than him.

 

“Sehun…”

 

“I’m so sorry Aira; I didn’t mean to hurt you. You were the most loving and amazing girl I have ever met. You were never a burden in my life, never. I regret that I had cheated on you, you were better than her but I was blind. You’re not a baby; you will never be one in my eyes. I love you s-so much…P-Please don’t leave m-me…” He continued to speak to her, hoping that any second her eyes would flow open as if she had woken up from her slumber. But to no avail, none of those ever happened. And that’s when he knew he had screwed up big time; she was gone from his life.

 

“N-No. Aira, no. you can’t leave me like this! Please, I’m b-begging you. Aira please…p-please…”

 

Now she understood. Life was so hard, she knew. Everything in her life was absolutely just temporary; she knew everything about it was going to fade away bits by bits. She has no other parents to tell her problems and happiness, no more friends to shower her frustrations and disappointments, and no more love to let her understand the true meaning of love every day. A pained smile was slowly plastered on Aira’s face as she gazed at her crying boyfriend and her lifeless body in her arms, knowing that after that day, she will never get to see the world again. To see him again.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

She was dead.

 

 

 


NOTE: It's done! Thank you for reading. I hope you guys liked it <3