Our small eternity

Days like this

         Wonwoo woke up to soft rays of sunlight, steady rising and falling beneath his head, and arms around his waist. Lethargy still settled deep within his bones, he slowly raised his head, peering at the digital clock on the bedside table. The flashing red digits read 11:34. He sighed, dropping his head back down onto his boyfriend’s chest. He couldn’t recall the last time they had the chance to wake up so late. After allowing himself a few more minutes of dozing off, he finally decided to start the day.

         Gently as to not awaken his lover, he attempted to untangle the arms wrapped around his waist. Just as he thought he was succeeding, he was pulled back down with a displeased grumble, the arms encasing him tighter than before. He suppressed a chuckle, looking up to meet half-lidded eyes. Smiling softly, he leaned up to peck his lips. “Morning.” He whispered. Mingyu took in the appearance of the boy in his arms; his adorable flop of morning hair falling into his eyes, sweater several sizes too big falling off his shoulders, exposing milky skin and prominent collarbones, and smiling at this lovable creature just came so naturally to him. “Morning to you too.”

            Mingyu rolled them over, staring down at Wonwoo with the same gentle smile still on his lips. For a small eternity, they simply stared into each other’s eyes, savoring this rare moment of togetherness and privacy. Wonwoo couldn’t help but admire his lover’s features. His glowing skin, handsome features, his everything that never fails to make his heart beat a little faster. Unknowingly they leaned into each other, and their lips met. This time, their kiss was not fleeting, not rough and demanding like the kisses stolen in between hectic schedules and late night practices. This time, it was slow, sweet, and filled with passion – as if they were trying to stop time and stay like that forever, like they were trying to memorize each other’s lips.

            Mingyu broke the kiss, trailing tiny pecks down to Wonwoo’s jawline, his neck, then his collarbone, a mark onto the pale skin. Wonwoo let out a breathy moan, bringing his hand up to grasp at the hairs on his boyfriend’s nape, the other massaging his scalp. The air around them was starting to heat up. “Mingyu.” He breathed out. Mingyu looked up, his eyes a bit hazy. “Yeah?” Wonwoo could hear the desire laced in his voice, an octave lower than usual, making him shudder. “Let’s just stay in bed and cuddle for the day?” Mingyu sighed in slight disappointment. “Okay, but you’re making it up to me tonight.” Wonwoo laughed, nodding. For the rest of that blissful afternoon, they snuggled, drowing in each other’s embrace and so much warmth, and neither have ever felt so at home.