fin.

Late Nights
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joshua wasn’t really sure about this idea, he was more of a stay-at-home guy, maybe going to the cinema if he felt like going out, but clubbing wasn’t really his thing. He enjoyed singing but dancing didn’t come naturally to him. So when his friend and roommate Soonyoung asked him to join him and his friends for a night out he didn’t give a straight answer.

“Come on, it’ll be fun” Soonyoung insisted “You don’t have to dance if you don’t want to, you can hang out around the bar”

“I don’t know” Joshua said uncertain “You know it’s not really my thing”

“But the last time we went clubbing you had fun” Soonyoung said “And this time we won’t be alone, there’ll be more people with us, so it’ll be better”

“Alright, ok” Joshua gave in “I’ll go so that you won’t nag me for the rest of your life”

“That’s great, I’ll tell the guys” Soonyoung said excited.

So that night, Soonyoung and Joshua headed to a club, where Soonyoung’s friends were waiting. Joshua already felt out of place. That people looked like they had so much experience with clubbing and it was just his third time going out like this. The other two times he went because of Soonyoung’s constant complains, telling him he wasn’t living the college life, but Joshua thought there were so many ways of living that life, still Soonyoung didn’t seem to care about that. So Joshua finally gave in a third time and he accepted to go clubbing. And it’s not like he hated going out to clubs and parties, it wasn’t that bad, actually. It’s just that the people there were really different from him. He didn’t like drinking, he was pretty quiet and shy, so his personality didn’t quite match the situation. So the few times he actually went clubbing he had stayed by the bar drinking some drink that had very little alcohol in it and enjoyed watching his friend dance, since he was really good at it. He felt honored when someone would come up to him and ask him for a dance, which he politely declined, because that meant it didn’t look like he stood out that much.

They were welcomed by 3 other guys, one of them looked pretty bored and scary, the other one was pretty cute and the last one looked extremely feminine, probably because of the long hair. They didn’t seem like bad people, though. Later Joshua learned their names, Wonwoo, the scary looking one, Jun, the cute one and Jeonghan, the long-haired one.

So after a brief introduction they went inside the club, which was already pretty packed. Joshua tried to not cover his ears because of the loud music, and he followed his friend and the other guys to a not-so-crowded area.

“This place is great!” Jun exclaimed looking around.

“Yep, told ya!” Wonwoo replied, a smirk spread along his face

“Wonwoo was the one who suggested this place for tonight” Soonyoung told Joshua leaning close to him so that he heard him. Joshua nodded in acknowledgement of Soonyoung words and the later smiled at him.

“We’re gonna get something to drink, wanna come along?” Wonwoo yelled at Soonyoung and Joshua, and Soonyoung gave him an ok sign with his hand and pulled Joshua with him towards the bar.

They ordered their drinks and they chatted for a bit as they drank. As soon as they were done with their drinks almost all of them headed off to the dance floor, already feeling the music, almost all of them, because Joshua stayed by the bar, sitting on a stool, as he looked around, enjoying how people had fun. And he stayed there for 15 long minutes, finally finding his friend and the others among the crowd. Somehow Soonyoung spotted him and signaled him to join them, but Joshua just smiled and refused politely, so his friend gave up, he knew he had already accomplished too much by bringing him along, so he let him be.

Then what it seemed like 30 minutes later, he saw the long-haired guy, (Jeonghan, was it?), coming straight to him, his hair tied into a low ponytail, his bangs covering the side of his face. Without a word he approached Joshua and took his hand, to bring him to the dance floor.

“Oh no, thanks” Joshua refused with a polite smile, but Jeonghan shook his head and he pulled from Joshua’s hand, not caring what the other said “Alright, I guess one dance won’t kill me” Joshua gave in.

“Just one” Jeonghan assured him with a bright smile.

He brought Joshua into the crowd as a new song started. Joshua knew this song and he quite liked it, so it was easier for him to follow it with his body, even though he didn’t have a clue what he was actually doing. Jeonghan, on the other side, was standing in front of him dancing along with swift and experienced moves, making Joshua feel extra stupid.

In some way Jeonghan noticed that Joshua didn’t really know how to dance, so instead of laughing at him, which was really tempting, he held both of his hands and guided him to dance along with him. He noticed Joshua smiled when he got the hang of it and he couldn’t help but stare at him. He decided it would look weird if he didn’t let go of his hands now that he knew how to dance to the song, so he did let go and he danced as well, not taking his eyes off of Joshua.

Then Joshua looked up and saw Soonyoung and the other two guys approach them. Soonyoung looked really surprised at seeing his friend actually dancing, but he joined him, both of them having so much fun.

“How the hell did you get him to dance?” Soonyoung asked Jeonghan, who simply laughed.

Joshua smiled at Jeonghan, and he didn’t know why, he held his stare for longer than usual. Then Jun put an arm around Joshua’s shoulders and grinned at him as they danced together. They ended up dancing in the dorkiest way possible, which resulted in them laughing so much they had to go back to the bar, because they weren’t really dancing anymore. They sat on the stools once again to rest for a bit.

“That was more than one song” Jeonghan t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter