Final

Namjoon's

 

Namjoon's POV

 

"Kim Namjoon! Get your down right now!" Rubi shouted. I swear the whole house shook for that second. I groaned and buried myself under the duvet. I sighed in content when I heard silence and closed my eyes. I was falling back to sleep when a huge weight plopped on me and I cried out in agony. The duvet that I was using it as protection got pulled off and I squint my eyes at the sudden brightness. 

"Are you trying me kill me? Freak, I could feel my ribcage cracking. And the sun is blinding me, I'm going to die. Give me back my duvet!" I reached out for my comfort but she yanked it away, causing her to sit directly on my stomach. Damn, have she eaten breakfast already? Goddamnit, I don't deserve this early in the morning.

"Don't be such a drama queen ugh. I thought you're meeting with the boys later? You're going to be late!" Rubi's voice filled my ears and I hummed in annoyance. 

"I can prepare and leave house in 7 minutes, so leave me alone." I shut my eyes and grabbed what I thought was my duvet and pulled it down. "Yah-" 

Something hard hit against my chest and my eyes shot open. I turned my head and saw Rubi's head. "What are you doing? I know I'm hot and all even in the morning, but you don't have to literally throw yourself at me." 

"Throw myself at you?" Her voice sounded weird as it was muffled. "You were the one who--" She looked up and stopped short. Her eyes widened at the sudden proximity. I watched as she opened , yet no words came out. She has such long eyelashes and since when does she has double eyelid? And she did apply makeup? Why is her cheeks so red? 

"You're gaping like a goldfish, Bi." I said that to annoy her because one, she doesn't like me calling her 'bi' because according to her, it sounds awfully close to the 'by' in 'baby'. 

"I-idiot." She pushed herself off me and I bit back the groan that threatened to leave my lips. I caught her swallow before she left my room without a second glance. What's wrong with her? She's acting like she hasn't been so close to me before. I clucked my tongue and got out of bed. 

 

I walked into the dining room and I grinned upon seeing pancakes with lots of different syrups on the table. "Aww, my best friend prepared my favorite breakfast for me. How sweet." I crooned in an attempt to annoy her, and it worked successfully. She looked at me and made a face. "Wear a shirt, can you?"

"Not like you haven't seen it--" My sentence was cut short when a plain grey t shirt was thrown at my face. "Before. Didn't I wore this shirt yesterday? It's dirty."

Rubi rolled her eyes. "It's the day before yesterday. And dont pretend to be all clean. You don't give a damn anyway, am I right?" 

"Touché." I smirked and put on the shirt. 

 

After breakfast I went back to my room to change. As Bi mentioned earlier, I'm going out with the boys for a movie and then cycling around the Han River since Jungkook isn't of legal age to go clubbing yet. I watched as Rubi puts on the red Converse shoes that I gave her for her birthday present last year. "You're finally wearing it after a year. I'm honoured." 

"I sense the sarcasm, idiot. My other shoe tore, alright? I have no other shoes." 

"But you looked chic in it. You should wear it every day; you'll have boys coming up to you to ask you for your numbers." I smirked at her. 

"Thanks for your compliment, I know I'm pretty too." She smirked back at me. 

"Damn girl." I laughed and we left the house and separated ways. 

 

 

Rubi's POV

 

Damn, I was so nervous. After we separated ways, my mind kept rewinding back to that moment when I was on Namjoon's chest. The distance between our faces... It was so close. I could feel my face heating up oh my god--did he notice that??? I don't think he did, if not he would have teased me for the entire day. 

Oh god. 

If you still don't know by now, I'm that idiot's best friend and I...like him. I don't know how it happen, it just did. It's as if one fine day, BAM, I started to have feelings for him. It's out of my control. When he complimented me, I almost lost it, but I forced myself to keep calm and play along like my usual self. Namjoon is quite quick-witted; he'll know something is wrong with me if I acted differently.

But why? Why must it be him? Why can't it be Yoongi or Hoseok? Goddamnit. 

Feeling the need to go on a shopping spree to release my stress, I fished out my room and dialed my girl's phone. "Hye, come out now and go shopping with me." 

"No. You can't force me."

 

 

"What am I doing here again?" Na Hye said, deadpanned as she stirred her Green Tea Latte. I beamed. "Because I'm your favorite person on Earth, right?"

"Goddamn right, but seriously, what's the problem with Namjoon again? Did you do something to him?" She bought the cup to her lips and eyed me. I sighed heavily. "I crashed into his chest this morning."

"OH MY GOD. You crashed into his chest?!" Na Hye spit out her drink. Everyone in the cafe turned and stared at us. Flustered, I apologized and covered my face. "Oh my god, you're so embarrassing."

"That's not the point now. What did you say again? You crashed right into his embrace? Damn girl, I didn't know you have that in you." She wriggled her eyebrows suggestively. 

"Ewww, what the hell are you thinking? Go and wash your sick brain with detergent please." I rolled my eyes and wiped away the mess Na Hye caused. I explained everything from head to toe in her, and all she did was to stare at me with her jaw slung opened. "Wow. You should just totally confess now."

"You know I can't. What if he only thought of me as his best friend? I don't want to ruin his friendship. Let's not talk about this now. I need to shop. Now."

Hours flew by and Na Hye and I exited the mall with our arms filled with shopping bags. Her phone buzzed and she took it out and opened the text. Respecting her privacy, I looked away. 

"Taehyung asked where are we now. I told him to leave us alone." Na Hye cackled. I shook my head. "I feel bad for him.' 

"Oh well. Girls needs to play hard to get, right? Let's go to Han River now!" She dragged me and we hailed a taxi. 

"Woah, what's the rush?" And of course, my question was left unanswered. 

 

"It's so pretty." I whispered in awe. Even though we have came here numerous times, the feeling I get is still the same. I probably won't get sick of coming here. "Yeah, it sure is." We sat side by side as we watched the river glowed with lights that are reflected off the water and enojyed the breeze. 

"How's you and Taehyung going?" I started the conversation.

"Same old. I don't know what happened to him, but he's making his feelings for me damn obvious now. Like he would ask me out for a movie directly. Heck, he doesn't do that in the past." 

"Love does wonders, huh? If you and Taehyung becomes a couple, I need to be the first one to know." I glared at her playfully.

"Since when were you not the first person to know anything and everything in my life?" Na Hye laughed. "Enough about me. You seriously need to confess to Namjoon, Rubi."

"I wished too. But I don't know how to start, and what to say." I shook my head. "Nah, I'm sure that he only thought of me as a friend." 

"If he only thought of as a friend, think about it, why would he buy a RED Converse for you?" We both glanced down at my shoes. "Because he knows that I don't like red. He did that to annoy me." 

"Oh god, you're so dense sometimes." She clucked her tongue. Na Hye took a quick glance behind her and smirked slightly. She did an OK sign discreetly and divert her attention back to me. "Say, why do you like him?" 

"I don't know. I probably don't have a reason as to why I like him. It's just-- I just know it. I always get this fluttery feeling whenever I'm with him nowadays. I don't know how to started, but I think it was the day when I fell really sick like I was going to legit die. It was the time when you were overseas. You threw a fit and you almost flew back from your vacation, but I forbidded you.

When Namjoon took care of me, attending to me 24/7 with care, changing the cloth every few hours, taking note of my medication, I then realized I have been liking him. We fought a lot of times, especially the times when he would casually breaks a few things here and there. But you know, it's Namjoon. The one who is always surrounded by pretty, model-like girls. Comparing myself to them, I'm just...nothing. I don't see the reason why I am fitted to be his girlfriend. It's better for me to keep my feelings. Feelings change right? I just need time."  

I turned my head, only to meet eyes with the person I've been rambling about. Shocked, I fell forward and I shut my eyes tightly, thinking that I was going to fall into the water. His arm shot out and wrapped around my waist and pulled me back, causing me to crash into his embrace. Out of instinct, I threw my arms around his waist, afraid that if I let go, I'll fall into the water. I opened my eyes slowly and froze as I regained back my senses. Namjoon is hugging me. He's still hugging me. 

"I can feel your heartbeat racing." 

Oh my f--god. My arms fell back to my sides. Gently, I pushed him away but he pulled me closer. I could feel his other hand on my back, too. I'm going to faint. 

"Why didn't you tell me?" He whispered into my ears.  Sensing that he was expecting for an answer, I spluttered. "T-tell you what?" Freak, that's a stupid answer. 

"Tell me that you like me. That you have been liking me all along." 

"I... I'm scared that you will reject--" 

"I would have told you that I like you, too. I would have told you that I want you to be my girlfriend." 

My entire system stopped working. Well, that was...straightforward. "G-girlfriend?" 

We broke apart, but the distance between us is... Well, let's just say that we are still awfully close. He gazed into my eyes intensely. "I like you, and you like me. Be mine, will you?" 

If this is not the epitome of straightforwardness, I don't know what is. I looked into his eyes. "Are you sure? I'm not pretty. I don't have style and swag. I don't have model-like legs. I'm everything but a feminine girl. And I eat like a pig, I snore, I---" 

He shut me off by kissing me. My eyes fluttered to a close and I kissed him back. We broke apart and he pecked me on my lips again. "I don't care about anyone else but you. I want you. Just you."

"Will you be my girlfriend?"