love is leaving

One's Way Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'Doubt is like rust, once it takes root, it grows, gathering speed until it infects everything it touches. You can file it away, cover it up, but it never goes away, not really. It's still there, still looking for a way out from under all those layers of paint. It makes you hear things differently, remember things differently.' - Tanya Byrne

 

 

2006

 

Chorong and Bomi first met when they were at their university, Sungkyunkwan University. Chorong, who was a year older than Bomi, was a second year Business major whereas Bomi was an Arts major. They were worlds apart, but you could say that fate brought them together. Their first encounter with each other was at the chicken feet stall which was just a stone's throw away from their school. They were both by themselves at that time, and Bomi, being the more amiable one, decided to join Chorong. Even though they were polar opposites, they surprisingly hit it off really well. Eventually, they became really good friends.

"Unnie, I'll be a successful actress one day! I'll be sweeping awards left and right," Bomi declared with so much conviction. The aspriring actress was determined to become a popular and respected actress one day, and earn the recognition of many from critics to the masses.

"Yes you will. And I'll be there to support you, Bbom-ah."

 

 

 

2010

 

After her graduation, Bomi went for several auditions but was always cut at the final round of auditions. That didn't deter the headstrong girl from giving up. She moved in with Chorong, to cut cost since she couldn't afford to pay the expensive rent at her old apartment. She didn't tell her parents about her struggle, since she didn't want to worry them.

Everytime Bomi came home with a dejected face, Chorong would pull her into a comforting embrace. "It's okay Bbom-ah. You're still young and there's still plentiful opportunities."

And after countless auditions, she finally landed herself a minor role in a sitcom. 

She did really well, and even managed to catch the eye of a CEO from a top entertainment agency which housed several famous celebrities. She was scouted by the agency, signed a 5-year contract and from then on, several offers started pouring in.

A high school drama, in which she acted as the second lead turned out to be a huge success, catapulting her to stardom. That same year, she received two awards from some of the prestigious year end awards ceremonies.

"Unnie, I won the Rookie Actress award!" Bomi exclaimed over the phone.

"Yes, I know that Bbom-ah. I saw you on TV."

"I mentioned your name in my speech! Did you catch that??" she asked excitedly.

"Yes I did, and I'm really touched by that."

Bomi broke in a wide grin. "See you at home unnie! I love you!"

 

 

 

2011

 

Their friendship eventually blossomed into something else- a relationship. Bomi was the one to confess. She told Chorong that she had been harbouring feelings towards the older girl ever since they became friends. She had a crush on Chorong when she first saw the older girl, and that was the reason why she had approached Chorong first at the chicken feet stall. 

As for Chorong, she started falling for Bomi two years ago. Bomi was always there for her during the gruelling exam periods. She consoled Chorong everytime the older girl felt utterly stressed and terrible about everything. She would always accompany Chorong to study in the library, and even cook for the older girl when the latter was sick.

"How did you manage to hide all those feelings for years??" Chorong asked.

"Well," Bomi said, as she flipped her hair. "I'm an actress for a reason!"

Chorong rolled her eyes then fell silent for a moment. "Should we keep our relationship a secret then?"

"No! I'm proud to show my girlfriend off to the world."

"A-are you sure? This will cause a downfall in your popularity." Chorong cast Bomi a doubtful look.

"Trust me, nothing bad will happen," Bomi responded with a sly smile.

Upon seeing the sly smile on Bomi's face, Chorong knew the younger girl had something up her sleeves. "On second thoughts, can we not reveal our relationship?"

Bomi frowned. "Why?"

"I want my privacy, Bbom-ah. Can you please make sure the media doesn't know?"

Bomi sighed. "Okay, fine. We'll keep our relationship a secret then."

Chorong hugged Bomi tightly. "I love you Bbom-ah."

"I love you too Chorongie!" Bomi giggled and planted a kiss on Chorong's lips.

 

 

Once again, Bomi received another award at the year end awards ceremony. This time round the category that she won in was different than the previous one. And it was much, much, more meaningful for her.

"Chorongie! I won the Best Actress award!" 

"Congratulations Bbom-ah! I'm so proud of you."

 

 

 

2012

 

On their first anniversary, much to Chorong's surprise, Bomi popped the question. 

"Park Chorong, will you marry me?"

"Yes! Oh yes!" Chorong replied almost squealing as she was unable to contain her happiness.

Their wedding was a closed event. Only family members and close friends were invited. Since photos of the wedding were circulated through social media, the general public finally got to see Bomi's wife. Many gave their support. They thought the couple matched really well.

Nonetheless, Bomi ensured that her private life was kept away from scrutiny of the media. 

 

 

 

2013

 

"Can't you pick any other genres to do? I really hate seeing your kissing scenes," Chorong huffed. She crossed her arms while sitting on the crouch cross-legged.

"Ah, is my Chorongie jealous?" Bomi asked playfully as she plopped down on the couch.

"Yes, of course I am. And I've always noticed how your costars always try to flirt with you at the filming sets! It's not like they don't know you're married."

"Omo you stalked me!" Bomi's mouth formed into an O shape.

"I was just stopping by during lunch to watch my wife from afar." Chorong scoffed.

Bomi uncrossed Chorong's legs, then straddled the older girl. She leaned forward, their lips almost touching. "Should I get a punishment from you then?" Her hot breath made Chorong feel tingly. The younger girl slowly moved her lips, kissing along Chorong's jawline, then nibbled on the older girl's earlobe.

Chorong moved her hands to grip onto Bomi's waist. "Bed. Now," she ordered, voice thick with lust.

 

 

 

2014

 

"I'm sorry, baby. I have filming in Jeju for a week. We'll celebrate my birthday after I'm back alright?"

"It's okay Bbom-ah, I understand."

 

"I'm so sorry, baby. I have filming in Busan for three days. We'll celebrate our anniversary after I get back okay?"

"Yeah, sure."

 

"Chorongie, I'm really sorry I won't be around to celebrate your birthday. I'll make it up to you when I come back, I promise."

 "Mm."

 

 

"You didn't tell me you had a bed scene!" Chorong yelled in anger.

"I didn't tell you because I knew your reaction is gonna be like this. Come on baby, it's just acting."

"You know I hate your kissing scenes, but I try my best to ignore my jealousy since I know you can't avoid those scenes in your dramas. But a bed scene?! Really Yoon Bomi?!"

Chorong started crying. She couldn't take it anymore.

Bomi immediately enveloped the older girl in a tight embrace. "Please don't cry baby, I promise I won't do bed scenes anymore."

Sticking to her promise, Bomi didn't have anymore bed scenes.

 

But everything started going into a downward spiral the next year.

 

 

 

Present day, 2015

 

Chorong sighed as she silently ate her dinner, all by herself. It wasn't the first time she had dinner, or any other meals alone. Bomi had promised to c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter