ONE

Hyukbin's journey of fluff and cheese

 

 

Hongbin takes a sip of his water, fingers tapping impatiently on the wooden table. His date is late, again, and Hongbin just starts to feel hungry but he can’t order yet – it’s making him crazy. Around him couples are already forming but he just stands here, alone in the middle of the crowd, checking his phone every so often in the wait of a reply that never comes. He is starting to worry when fifteen minutes pass without a sign of life and he looks around in the street, eyes searching for the familiar face he has grown used to get excited catching sight of.

 

A redhead pops out of the crowd and a young man faces him on the other side of the glass. Hongbin keeps a straight face. Maybe the boy is just checking out the menu next to him, not at all looking in his eyes. However, the young man seems to remark his face and beams at him, eyes changing into two lovely crescent moons. Hongbin feels like leaving his table and run to him immediately, but that wouldn’t be fair to his date.

 

“Hi,” he mouths, though, smiling in return.

 

He reads on the other’s lips, “Hi.”

 

They stare at each other for a few seconds before the boy rummages through his vest to find paper and a pen, writing down something for Hongbin to read.

 

What are you doing here all by yourself? Your date must be really dumb for ditching such a handsome guy.

 

Hongbin nods, grin becoming even wider. He starts to think that his date indeed really is dumb.

 

That’s a shame. Should I replace them?

 

He purses his lips this time, looking up to fake intense thinking even his mouth is stretched into a smirk. In front of him, the red-haired boy doesn’t stop smiling either.

 

I’m sure that I can be better.

 

Hongbin laughs, shaking his head.

 

“I don’t think so,” he playfully articulates, and the boy seems to catch up. He clutches his chest in a dramatic way.

 

Can I still try?

 

“If you want to,” Hongbin says and by the next second, the young man enters the restaurant.

 

“Hey,” he greets him, sitting in front, hands already getting close to his. “So your date is dumb, uh?”

 

“He just seems to always be late,” Hongbin takes another sip of water – he is feeling thirsty all of a sudden.

 

“Why not go on a date with me instead? Let me buy you a drink or a meal!”

 

The young man moves his hand to delicately his fingers, looking at him with a charming expression and Hongbin lets him – he just finds him too gorgeous for his own good.

 

“It’s very tempting but I don’t even know your name.”

 

Red-haired boy lets an incredulous laugh out of his – cute – mouth. “Han Sanghyuk. What’s yours?”

 

“Lee Hongbin.”

 

“It’s very, very nice to meet you, Hongbin,” Sanghyuk smiles, eyes crinkling again.

 

“Nice to meet you too,” Hongbin chuckles. “Shall we order something to eat?”

 

“Screw your date then?”

 

“Screw my date.”

 

And Hongbin doesn’t regret his words.

 

They eat delicious food, sharing their plates and feeding each other, laughing over stupid matters and acting as a cheesy couple; somewhere along the way they leave the restaurant holding hands, quietly giggling at all the old people glaring at them in disapproval. Hongbin wishes they would care, but they don’t, and finally, this isn’t such a big deal anymore. They just feel happy with each other, hyped and excited for no reason.

 

“You really are something, aren’t you?” Hongbin says as Sanghyuk walks him home, still holding tightly his hand, “Inviting strangers on dates and all.”

 

The young man grins cheekily. “I just jumped on the opportunity.”

 

They stop in front of Hongbin’s flat door, finally letting go of each other.

 

“I would gladly invite you inside for a drink,” Hongbin scratches the back of his head, nibbling on his lips, “But you know… My date is quite the jealous type.”

 

“I will fight him.”

 

“Trust me, you don’t want to! He is very strong.”

 

Sanghyuk places an arm on the door besides him, getting closer to his face – Hongbin’s eyes flicker to look at his lips.

 

“Really? What should we do, then?...”

 

His mouth stretch into a smile. Sanghyuk is close, so close he can feel his breath against his own. Hongbin bites his bottom lip, fingers tracing the other’s jaw, and everything goes black as he closes his eyes, savoring the feeling of soft and warm lips kissing him tenderly. Sanghyuk tilts his head and their noses brush, making Hongbin gasp and laugh into the kiss – Sanghyuk shuts him up by kissing him again, mouth parted.

 

“Let’s go inside,” Hongbin whispers against his lips as he winds an arm around his neck, letting Sanghyuk look for the keys in his pockets.

 

“Where are those damn keys,” the latter curses as Hongbin plants soft kisses on his neck and jaw, sighing in content under his touch. After a little while of rummaging aimlessly into every piece of clothing and bearing Hongbin’s teasing, he finally finds them with a victorious chuckle, shoving the little device in the lock.

 

They stumble into the house lip-locked again, Hongbin leading Sanghyuk to his bedroom with hurried steps.

 

“What did you say about your date again?” Sanghyuk asks with a smirk as he roughly shoves the other on the mattress to pin him, “Is he dumb?”

 

“Yes, very,” Hongbin breathes, removing the other’s shirt in a haste to his chest, “Very, oh so very hot, but so dumb…”

 

Sanghyuk claims his lips back hungrily, making him moan into the kiss. “Am I better?”

 

“Yes,” he mouths as Sanghyuk goes down pecking his neck, “Oh yes.”

 

“Please say it again. Han Sanghyuk you’d be the perfect boyfriend.”

 

Hongbin opens his eyes to look at Sanghyuk who has stopped right above his collarbone, looking at him with that -eating grin that annoys him so much.

 

“Han Sanghyuk, your flirting is gross,” he says instead, pulling the red-haired boy back to face him.

 

“Why did you play along all day then?”

 

Hongbin smiles instead of replying.

 

“Come on, Binnie,” Sanghyuk whines trying to be cute, but Hongbin just shoves his palm on his face, “I just want to hear it one time!”

 

“Oh no, Han Sanghyuk,” Hongbin squeezes his cheeks between his hands, “You wouldn’t be the perfect boyfriend.”

 

“Kong—“

 

“You already are.”

 

He rubs their noses together. Sanghyuk’s grin is so wide, he wonders how it doesn’t hurt his facial muscles.

 

“Anything else?” Hongbin pecks him again on the lips.

 

“I’ll also have some mac with that cheese, please.”