4 | uneasy

Marry First, Love Later
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Stand outside and wait."

"The coffee's too bitter, make another one."

"Arrange these papers."

"Attend this meeting for me."

Tomorrow came in a flash and Minjeong wasn't liking it as request after request from her boss kept on coming.

The girl wasn't really joking when she said that she'd regret it.

Of course, she suffered a lot worse and endured it without any hardships.

It is tiring though.

Nonetheless, the latter was still confused about why she was getting this particular treatment, and the fact that the most powerful person in this company loves her is just... weird.

"Wow, you really had it hard, huh?"

Yuri patted her friend's back as she munched on her burger.

"I just don't get why would someone like me that much the first day."

Minjeong takes a big spoon of rice into .

Yuri chuckled at her friend and placed a burger steak onto the latter's plate.

"I mean, you're pretty... a great dancer... have a soothing voice, like who wouldn't? Even I'd be whipped."

Not being able to take the compliments naturally, the secretary rolled her eyes and focused on eating her lunch.

When the two friends finally finished eating their lunches, a figure suddenly sat down across the two, panting.

"You two gotta help me!"

It was Yunjin. She displayed a panicked expression and seemed to be out of breath. The latter was probably running, but from what?

The two friends looked at Yunjin confusingly.

"What is it this time?" Yuri chuckled.

"I don't know what to do!"

Yunjin presented the two girls with her phone screen that displayed a message from her crush, greeting her with a simple hello.

Minjeong stared at the screen for a moment before bursting out in laughter, "What about this?"

"What should I do?!"

Yuri started to laugh along with her friend, "You weren't kidding when you said Yunjin could be dumb sometimes."

"I'm serious!"

The latter exclaimed, causing the two friends to laugh even harder.

When the two eventually calmed down, Minjeong stood up from the chair and ruffled her best friend's hair playfully.

"Yunjin, just greet her back a hello... it's not that hard."

Yuri sipped on her drink, "Jeong's right. Where's your confidence gone?"

"My stomach."

Minjeong could only chuckle at this and leave her best friend in Yuri's hands since she had another schedule coming to attend to.

The secretary wore her bag and walked toward the restaurant's exit.

The moment she stepped outside the facility, the girl suddenly felt a hard thud behind her neck.

Everything went black.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter