12 | first talk

Marry First, Love Later
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Late autumn, 5:29 p.m.

Stepping near the edge of the roof, Jimin admired the view in the distance before her eyes. She looked up at the ultramarine sky with a rigid smile on her face, feeling the breeze that was skimming through her clothes.

She sighed, pursed her lips, and took out her phone to dial her best friend.

RING...RING...RING—

"Jimin?"

"Yizhuo, are you there now?"

"Yeah! I just arrived at the hotel, turns out you were right! There are so many opportunities here in New York, thank you for suggesting."

"I'm glad to hear that!"

"Although... why did you call? Is there something wrong? Don't tell me you've been down again. If so, then I can halt my activities and listen to you."

"I'm fine~ I'm just here to ask something."

"Yeah?"

"Do you think... flowers that withered will ever bloom again?"

"Of course, if you care for them." Yizhuo chuckled, "Are you reading those poetry books again?"

"Hehe, maybe?" Jimin huffed, "How do you write those, seriously?"

"It's not difficult to compose poetry. You just have to translate your feelings into a meter, but hey is that really all? You're being strange."

"Yeah, for work purposes! You're the only person I can ask these things about."

"How about your other friends?"

"Oh, they left me."

"I see- What?!"

"Thanks, Yizhuo! I gotta go, bye!~"

"Wait! Don't try anything dangerous to them-"

Jimin ended the call and laughed at herself for a bit. After a while, she reformated her phone and threw it away from the edge.

"From time to time I wonder if all the other people are just aliens wearing human disguises to deceive me," She mumbled to herself, stretching her arms.

The girl slowly opened her arms wide, closing her eyes as she began to embrace herself for what was about to occur.

"Are you going to jump?"

Upon hearing the voice, Jimin instantly opened her eyes and turned her back to look behind her.

There, she saw a hooded girl who was a bit shorter than her and displayed a calm expression. Despite the serious situation, Jimin couldn't help but furrow her brows and look at her confusingly.

The girl snickered, "Do a flip."

Jimin blinked her eyes in disbelief, and when she finally compiled the situation, she burst out in laughter.

"You do know this is a serious matter, right?"

The hooded girl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter