chapter 15

Love in the Ice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day at school, Chanyeol was in one piece which you considered a success. Sure, he would freeze whenever you mentioned Hyunwoo but it was a work in progress. You were about to doze off when Tao’s voice interrupted your nap.

 

“So how did your project go? Probably terrible since Chanyeol was there right?” Tao said as he plopped into his chair.

 

“Not that bad actually except when he…” you trailed off, remembering the incident at Home Depot.

 

“Except when he what? He didn’t do anything stupid did he?” Tao pressed.

 

“No…., he just....kinda pissed my brother off,” You finished. It wasn’t exactly what happened but it was the kinda truth which was good enough for now.

 

“I think anything that’s a guy pisses your brother off,” Tao said as he frowned and picked at his nails. 

 

“That’s not tru-” you defended until you remembered the time he said the only guy you could get close to was himself.

 

“Exactly,” Tao finished as Chanyeol barged into the room and scrambled to his desk, ignoring the frenzy of squeals that followed after. 

 

“I can’t find the poster board! I swear I saw it somewhere here!” He panicked as his desk practically exploded from his hands.

 

“Chanyeol, I have it.” you said as Tao tried to smother his giggling. 

 

Chanyeol looked at you with wide eyes, chest heaving as he bulldozed straight into you and squeezed the living daylights out of you.

 

“OhmygodohmygodohmygodthankyousomuchIthoughIlostitandthenwewouldhavefailedand-” he rambled until somebody pushed his head away from you letting you finally breathe.

 

You looked up to see Kai frowning as he continued to poke Chanyeol’s head. “Stop hugging Hyunji she’ll probably suffocate from your long limbs.” he said. Chanyeol pouted before slinking away to his desk, while Kai smirked and dusted his hands off. You rolled your eyes. 

 

“Kids” you muttered as you dropped your head down to continue your nap.

======================================================================

 

The project was a success, with you and Chanyeol getting full points and Kai and Tao getting two points off for “illegible writing”. You thought that Kai’s and Tao’s score was actually pretty impressive since the two were a pair of idiots that wanted to do bouncy eggs and vinegar volcanoes at first.

 

“We need a party guys!” Chanyeol exclaimed as the four of you went out of the classroom.

 

“Chanyeol it’s just a project. I don’t think we need a party to celebrate our success." You said as you tried to avoid a group of girls giggling at the three guys next to you.

 

"But we managed not to fail science! That means we won't have to do extra credit and other bull!" He countered

 

You faltered at Chanyeol's words. There was a large amount of people who had failed and now had to make up points. Extra credit was probably going to be laps around the gym or seven page essays considering that Mrs. Choi hated your class and liked to see the class suffer.

 

Chanyeol decided that your silence meant yes and slung his arm around your shoulder. "Awesome sauce! We'll pick you up at 6 and make sure you wear something nice and-wait is Hyunwoo going to be home?" 

 

You chuckled at Chanyeol's terrified face and tried to remember what days Hyunwoo couldn't come home. "I think he's not home today or tomorrow."

 

Chanyeol instantly relaxed and let out a sigh of relief. You smacked his arm off your shoulder since it was getting heavy and rubbed the spot his arm had been on.

 

"How many people are coming?" You asked.

 

"I think everyone who has Mrs.Choi so about a fifty people," Chanyeol said as he struggled to get through a group of fangirls.

 

You raised an eyebrow. "Even all the people who failed?" You said.

 

"Think of it like their last time to have fun before going to hell with Mrs. Choi." Kai explained as he watched you spin your lock before it clicked and opened your locker.

 

You nodded as you zipped your bag up and stood up. "I'm still not so sure about-"

 

"It's fine you'll have loads of fun! Just be ready at 6!" Tao said before going away with Chanyeol and Kai. You stared dumbfounded at the spot Tao was at before shaking your head and going home.

===============================================

 

6:00 was approaching and you were still pondering on what to wear. Deciding that you would be uncomfortable in a dress (and the fact that you didn't have a suitable dress) you slipped on a pair of black short shorts, a white crop top with "GTFO" scribbled on it and a black leather jacket. 

 

You checked your watch and almost screamed when it read 5:52, resulting in you only putting on eyeliner (it took 13 tries to get a straight line on both eyes), mascara and lip balm. You were struggling to stuff your feet into a pair of black heels when a car honked and you gave up on heels and went for your black converse instead.

 

Clutching your phone in your hand, you ran to the familiar black van and yanked the door open. You hadn't even sat down when the whistles started.

 

"Damn Hyunji you look like you fell from heaven," Kris smirked. He got a punch to the stomach as a response.

 

The van stopped at a dark club with music pumping out and people stumbling around with beer sloshing out of their cans. You wrinkl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter