Familiarities

Pink and Black
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two days of work went forward with Myungsoo staying true to his words. He was warm with other colleagues but he avoided Naeun as much as he could, much to her dismay. Myungsoo would make sure that they were not alone and during the rare moments that they are, he would not talk to her. Naeun knew that Myungsoo was not a really talkative person so she noticed how he strived hard to have a conversation with anyone so that she would not have the opportunity to talk to him. However, when Naeun was late for the bus and the remaining seat was beside Myungsoo, she had no choice but to confront of the male.

She walked slowly towards him, calculating her every step but Myungsoo paid no attention to her. Instead, he was smiling as he checked his camera and Naeun realized that he was checking some pictures. Inside, she was hoping that they were the picture of her which he took for the past days, but when she took a glimpse, they were the images of an unfamiliar girl.

That’s right, Naeun smiled sadly, It’s not me anymore who makes him happy.

To snap him out of his trance, she coughed a little and when Myungsoo’s gaze fell on her, the smile that adorned his lips was instantly washed away. With Myungsoo’s cold stare piercing through her, she stuttered, “C-Can I sit beside you?”

When Myungsoo said nothing but just averted his eyes, she added, “I-I swear I’m not purposely getting close to you. I-If you look around, you’d see that there’s really no available seat but the one beside you.”

“Do what you want,” Myungsoo uttered without sparing a look at her, keeping his eyes at the window.

“Thank you,” Naeun mumbled and she struggled to place her belongings at the overhead compartment. Then, the bus driver shouted that they were about to go and Naeun yelled, “Wait!”

However, her voice didn’t seem to be heard as the bus suddenly moved, making her stumble and as she lost grip of her belongings which she was trying to place, she closed her eyes and she braced for impact of the bag that was about fall down on her but there was nothing. When she opened her eyes, she saw Myungsoo keeping her bag in place. Naeun retracted her hands and Myungsoo then pushed her bag further into the compartment before closing it and when he turned his head to the side, their faces were awfully close to each other.

Naeun could sense the familiar feeling of his breath fanning against her face, and unconsciously, her gaze travelled to his slightly parted lips. However, her daze was quickly halted when Myungsoo dismissed their little moment and took his seat near the window. The bus then moved again and Naeun grabbed a hold of the seat in front of them in order to regain her balance.

“Take your seat,” he scolded her, “I’m not the same guy who would be willing to catch you whenever you fall.”

Naeun blinked her eyes rapidly before taking the seat beside him, maintaining proper distance. She sighed as she gained the courage to ask him, “Why do you have to be so cold?”

The silence that lingered killed Naeun but Myungsoo’s words were more deadly, “When I asked you that question a year ago, do you remember your answer?”

She bit her lip as tears threatened to form in her eyes. Chills ran down her spine as Myungsoo let out an empty chuckle before muttering and quoting her, “I don’t love you anymore, that’s why.”

Naeun turned the other way as she blinked her tears away. She swallowed hard in an attempt to remove the lump that built in . After that conversation, only silence surrounded the two of them and due to fatigue from their work and from the belief that only sleep would let her escape the situation she was in, Naeun fell into a deep slumber. Myungsoo, through the whole ride, kept his eyes at the road, refusing to look at the girl but when her head touched his shoulder, out of reflex, Myungsoo turned to Naeun.

And what Myungsoo saw was the girl whom he fell in love with. Being in close proximity with her, his heart knew that she was familiar and Myungsoo had to avert his gaze again as he clenched and unclenched his fists, trying to calm down his racing heartbeat.

 

 

“I’m sorry. You are the only one I know who could help me,” Jongin sheepishly scratched the back of his neck.

“No. It’s okay,” Suzy beamed, “Besides, this should be no big deal between friends.”

“So, we’re friends?” Jongin .

Suzy glared at him before turning around, “Forget it. I’m going home.”

Jongin chuckled before grabbing her wrist and pulling her forward and Suzy just chortled with him as they walked side-by-side each other in the mall. Apparently, Jongin had asked her a favor to accompany him in buying a gift for his girlfriend.

“So what’s your girlfriend like?” Suzy asked out of the blue.

“Hmmm,” Jongin hummed, “She really has a nice and fit body… unlike someone I know.”

“Yah!” Suzy complained, “You could compliment her without downgrading me, you know?!”

“Was I talking about you?” Jongin mockingly grinned and what he got was just a playful nudge from Suzy. He chuckled again and there was a certain shimmer in his eyes as he continued, “She exudes this feminine, innocent and youthful charm too. She’s beautiful beyond words.”

Suzy stared at him before grinning, “You sound like you really love her.”

“Because I do,” Jongin answered without hesitation but Suzy noticed how his gaze turned somehow sad when he added, “And I’d be loving her more than she could ever love me.”

Still, Suzy smiled at him yet again, admiring the way Jongin talked about his girl, as if she was the center of his world and perhaps, she was. Suzy then asked, “So what do you plan to give her for this anniversary of yours?”

“Truthfully, I don’t know,” Jongin shrugged.

“When’s you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter