Three Reasons

Pink and Black
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Suzy’s spirits were lifted up when she saw the man she was longing for. She waved at him, but the man seemed oblivious of her presence. She then inhaled and gathered enough breath as she shouted his name,

“Sungyeo-“

Her call was cut short when she saw that Sungyeol has his arm linked with another girl, a girl that looked familiar with her.

Ku Hye Sun, she finally remembered the name.

They looked so happy and close as they walked together in the school’s corridors and when they were headed towards Suzy’s direction, she saw that Sungyeol caught a glimpse of her. Unconsciously, she hid behind the lockers and bit her lip, restraining herself from making any sound.

“What’s the matter, Sungyeol?” She heard someone say and she covered with her hands.

Sungyeol answered, “I thought I saw someone.”

“There’s no one here,” Hye Sun replied. “Come on. I’m excited to see the rose garden again.”

“Oh,” Sungyeol mumbled and nodded. He took another glance on the lockers before walking away.

Suzy, on the other hand, slid her back on the lockers as she crouched on the floor. She removed her hand from and took deep breaths as she felt her heart being constricted. She shut her eyes and sighed as she repeatedly told herself,

“Don’t jump into conclusions.”

It took ten minutes before Suzy became well-composed again. She once again took a deep breath as she stood up and headed to the corridors but as she did so, she bumped into someone making the things he was carrying stumble on the floor.

“Sorry,” Suzy apologized and helped him pick up some books and post-its.

“No, it’s okay,” Seung-gi replied as he got all his things back. Suzy then noticed that he was also bringing a bulletin board with him.

“Are you bringing this to the library?” Suzy asked and eyed the bulletin board.

“Neh,” Seung-gi answered. “I’m planning to add something new to the library.”

“I’ll help you then,” Suzy volunteered as she took the bulletin board from Seung-gi making it easier for the latter to bring the boxes with him.

It was not a long way to the library and Seung-gi kept humming as they walked. Suzy unconsciously smiled at the librarian’s positive vibe. Curious of what Seung-gi was up to, she tagged along the friendly librarian. Seung-gi hung the bulletin board in one of the empty walls of the library and sighed in contentment.

“So what is this for?” Suzy asked.

“For the thoughts and words that were left unspoken,” Seung-gi answered.

“Like a freedom wall?” Suzy asked once more and Seung-gi nodded.

“Want it to give it a try?” Seung-gi said and got the box of post-its that lied on top of the bigger box he was carrying. Suzy smiled and nodded but as her eyes landed on the content of the bigger box, her smile slowly faded.

Seung-gi eyed Suzy, confused by the sudden change of emotion before noticing that she was looking at the magazine inside the box.

“Do you know the cover girl?” Seung-gi asked. “That’s Ku Hye Sun. She was my hoobae before. She’s a very talented and pretty girl.”

“Neh. I know,” Suzy whispered and silence for a while engulfed her as uneasiness consumed her thoughts.

“D-Do you perhaps know what’s her relationship with…” Suzy’s words trailed as she realized that she should not have been asking that question to the librarian. “I’m sorry. Just forget it.”

“With Sungyeol?” Seung-gi asked and Suzy snapped her head towards him before giving a little smile, nodding.

Seung-gi sighed and gave Suzy a post-it and a pen. He smiled at her as he said, “The same relationship you have with Sungyeol.”

“Friends?” Suzy asked as she creased her forehead but Seung-gi did not answer as he just pinned the first paper in the bulletin board.

First love, it read.

Suzy stared at the square paper which told her that her love for Sungyeol was indeed one-sided. The piece of paper and the scribbles of the ink were all it took to break Suzy’s heart. However, with all the courage and energy she had left, she pinned another paper next to the post-it.

But not last, it said.

Seung-gi looked at Suzy and saw the fire of determination in the girl’s eyes. He smiled knowing that something interesting was about to unfold.

 

 

Myungsoo sighed as he fiddled with his camera and stared at a direction.

“Boo!” Woohyun attempted to surprise him but Myungsoo seemed unaffected. Woohyun chuckled but Myungsoo just sent him dagger glares.

 “What are you looking at?” Woohyun asked as he looked at the direction where Myungsoo stared.

“S-Some pictures,” Myungsoo said as he showed his camera.

“Ohhh,” Woohyun cooed but a smirk was plastered on his face because he already caught sight of what Myungsoo was staring at- a window in the library showing Suzy.

Myungsoo let out a scoff as he whispered, “Wipe that smirk off your face.”

Woohyun shrugged and smiled before saying, “She’s waiting for Sungyeol again?”

“And Sungyeol’s busy tailing on Hye Sun noona,” Myungsoo added. “How unfortunate.”

“While you’re here worrying about her from afar,” Woohyun replied. “Really unfortunate.”

Myungsoo sighed as he rubbed his face in frustration. “I don’t want any of this to continue.”

“Then you’re giving up?” Woohyun asked.

“I don’t want to fall deeper,” Myungsoo confessed. “You know me, Woohyun. If I do, there will be no turning back.”

Woohyun nodded

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter