Realizations

Pink and Black
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Tell me something,” Myungsoo started.

“Tell you what?”

Myungsoo frowned at the girl who nonchalantly talked while eating ramyun. After three weeks of working together, he knew that complaining at her actions wouldn’t really change her attitude.

“Why did you accept this job?” he asked.

“Hmmm,” Suzy hummed while chewing. “Well, I get to travel in many places and eat many food for free.”

“But you didn’t have any modeling experience back then,” Myungsoo added. “Do you really need a job so much that you were willing to learn it?”

“It was a fun experience,” Suzy beamed. “And besides, I need money soon.”

“For what?” Myungsoo continued asking.

Suzy leaned forward and gestured him to do same. Myungsoo hated doing this because Suzy’s whispers tickles him.

“I want to buy a violin,” Suzy confessed.

Myungsoo let out a scoff. “So that you can get into the music club?”

Suzy smiled once more and nodded before scooping another round of noodles.

“So that you could stalk Sungyeol even in his clubs?”

Somehow, the fire of energy died down in Suzy’s eyes when Sungyeol’s name was mentioned and Myungsoo knew that it was because the boy’s free time was no longer spent with her these past few days.

But then, Suzy furrowed her eyebrows and shook her head, “Being with Sungyeol is just a bonus. I really want to get into the music club.”

Myungsoo then remembered the way she played the violin when she missed Sungyeol’s performance. He must admit that the girl has the potential and could further enhance her talents if given the opportunity.

“Just tell them that you are Bae Yong Joon’s niece,” Myungsoo said. “They would gladly accept you.”

Suzy shook her head ‘no,’ “He doesn’t even know anything about what I’m doing. He often arrives late so he won’t know anything of what I'm doing after school unless I arrive later than him, which never happened yet, and what he knows is that I’m taking extra classes or studying with my friends and that’s why I’m not around during weekends.”

“And he easily believed that?” Myungsoo asked once more.

Suzy nodded and answered, “I have a scholarship to maintain.”

“That scholarship doesn’t need good grades because it is funded by Woohyun’s mother who also happened to be your aunt.”

“My mother’s twin to be exact,” Suzy giggled but the laughter quickly died down. “If my uncle learns anything about this, he’ll pull me out of school.”

“Why didn’t you say so? I should have just told him,” Myungsoo teased.

“Yah!” Suzy yelled and threw him some vegetables which Myungsoo swiftly avoided, laughing.  “If you do that, I’ll kill you!”

“Reminder: I haven’t seen your uncle yet,” Myungsoo said.

“I won’t let you see him as long as you have that evil plan in mind!” Suzy yelled once more.

“What does he look like?” Myungsoo asked.

“He looks like my father,” Suzy calmed down. “They're twins too. Amazing, right? My parents are gone but their carbon copies still remain in this world.”

“It somehow makes me feel happy because I don’t have to imagine what they’d be like if they were alive,” Suzy added in a whisper.

A comfortable silence surrounded the two as Myungsoo stared at the girl who seemed like she was still blabbering, but truth is, she was speaking all her feelings.

“Ahhh,” Myungsoo sighed, stretching his arms. “How could I devise an evil plan when my target keeps telling me such things?”

“Well, if you are talking about me, I’ll fight you. Head on,” Suzy said as she faked a glare but it just sent both of them laughing.

Myungsoo stared once more at the girl who ate like she had an appetite of a bear. Somehow, he often found himself amused at the sight of her being true to herself and he was beginning to hate it, because he knew that he was starting to care for her more than their contract had specified.

 

 

Suzy bit her lower lip as she visited her favorite spot in the library once more, but somehow she reminded herself to stop the anticipation because the past few days had just brought her disappointment. However, when she saw a figure of a male sitting in their usual spot, she felt her energy rising up. She tucked strands of hair behind her ears as she smiled, ready to face the friend she hasn’t seen for so long.

“Hey, Baebae,” the male turned to face her.

“Hey, Nammie,” the smile on Suzy’s face started to fade.

“You look a little disappointed,” Woohyun teased and chuckled as Suzy sat in front of him.

“A-Ani,” Suzy tried to deny as she settled in her usual seat.

“Ohhh,” Woohyun nodded

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter