Surprise

Illegal Marriage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The first night of summer in Korea was blissful from what was expected to be in Grandma Jung’s eyes. Just like old times the Jung and Lee family have reunited at the dinner table in the old lady’s house. In ten years nothing much has changed but physical features of some. The Lee’s were still serving the old woman, going into their 20th year of being a helper in the household. Grandma Jung felt privilege to be sitting with the people she trusts the most. Regardless of the important people that are eating their dinner in front of her, her heart still hungers for another. Her heart was secretly calling her granddaughters name. Jessica’s presence would fulfill Grandma Jung's wish of a complete family this summer. Something she’s been wishing for years. 

Even though the missing space in her heart is not occupied, Grandma Jung did not want to be a burden to the others so she kept her cries to herself. Seeing her son and daughter in law was good enough. Nothing can help improve the mood that has built up inside her only Jessica appearance can improve it. She just truly misses her granddaughter but she has to trust in Jessica’s words that one day she will visit the old woman and even though she has trust in her words there are times she is to doubt whether if this promise will come true. Not wanting to ruin this night she has been waiting for a while now; Grandma Jung continued to participate in this family event like her heart is not missing Jessica.

During the long awaited family reunion the doorbell rang causing the heads turn to the direction of the main door. It was the 26 year old Donghyeon’s job to suspect who it is. Disrupting his dinner, Donghyeon excused himself from the dinner table with the Jung’s and headed towards the door. Opening the door, never did he think in a thousand years the person standing behind the tall wooden structure would be…

“OPPA!”

A high pitch squeal was released and before Donghyeon knew it, he was attacked with a hug as a greeting. He was caught off guard, never did he think he’ll see this girl ever again. It’s been ten years since he last saw her, back then she was small and had a cute clear face. Never did Donghyeon think that she would grow into a beautiful woman. Her face was so graceful but yet mature, she was skinny with a y poise, she had a pretty smile with a perfectly cut out y body. In Donghyeon eye’s the ten year old girl he once use to tease has transformed into something much more. Words could not describe this woman’s beauty but all Donghyeon knew; is in his eyes Jessica has turned into some sort of goddess.

“Jessie!? What are you doing here? Mum said you weren’t coming for the summer?” Donghyeon released from the tight hug get another glimpse of Jessica’s perfectly fit face. He still couldn’t believe it, his childhood friend traned into something beautiful.

“Oppa?” Jessica’s smiled faded, which turned into a pout grabbing her back and preparing to leave, “You don’t want me here? It’s alright I’ll go back to the states.” 

“No no no,” Donghyeon pulled the girl back. He was still in shock but quickly he pulled himself together enough for him to get the right words out of his mouth. “I’m just surprised, I haven’t seen you for ten years. It’s just hard for me to accept that you are…” He scanned Jessica from head to toe before continuing his explanation. “It’s just it was hard to recognize you, you look so different so it’s hard to comprehend your change”.

“Silly oppa, Of course I would change it’s been ten years. Even you have too, you use to be fit with sport, why have you let yourself go,” Jessica punched her oppa’s biceps as an example but in a joking manner. Even though a ier and prettier Jessica possessed her body over the years Donghyeon could still see that Jessica still has not changed one bit. She was still as playful as she was when he last saw her.

Donghyeon was st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter