Chapter 60

The unexpected that changes us

Hara POV 

Eavesdropping every single word they said. It was awkward for me to just stood there without uttering anything so i decide to go away for awhile. "Hyuna-sshi, hyunseung-sshi, i will go take junhyung belonging. See you later." i said. Then, i go to the desk whereas the nurse is at. "May i have the belonging of the patient in room 21 because he need it." i said. "What is your relationship with the patient?" she asked. Doubting me with her expression. "I am his friend, yong jun hyung chingu yah." i said. She nodded her heads and went to take his stuffs. "Here you go." she said. I sat at one corner, didn't know what to do but ended up looking at his phone. Then, i saw hyuna contacts. Something alarmed me. He do not remember her anymore. Just then, i remember what the doctor told us on the accident day. He is a different person now. He is the junhyung i knew in the past. Without any hesitation, i delete her contact and all their messages even without browsing it. I open up his wallet. It is their photo, i took it out and replace it with our photo. The one we took in high school times, the one he put in his wallet in the past. I dialled and call someone on my phone. "Yeobosaeyo." i said. "Ye? Is that hara?" she said. "Yes ommuni, i just want to tell you that junhyung is awake and to be honest with you, he remember all of us but not hyuna." i said. "Jinja? Let's talk when i get there. Annyeong." she hanged out the call. I begin walking so i could head to junhyung ward. I don't know why am i doing all these but i know junhyung won't be able to take the blow if he sees that. I must turn back the time, for the sake of him. He is not normal anymore, he is living in the past when everything isn't crumpled. 

Hyuna POV 

I knocked on the doctor's door. "Hi hyuna-sshi, how can i help you?" he said. "Can you tell me how is junhyung right now? Everything." i said. "Alright, i will start from this question. Do you have any idea who is jiyeon this person? I don't see her coming here at all." he asked. "She is a dongsaeng of his, but sorry to say this. She isn't in this world anymore." i answered. "Do not mention about this person infront of the patient, as a psychiatrist and a surgeon i can see that she is a very important person to him so please don't remind about her especially when she is not around anymore." he said. "Sure, i will try my best to help him." i said. "Secondly, like what i said on the accident day itself, he had already lost his current self. Now his timing is the past, he don't know anything in the present so do not tell him about memories that he lost. Not everything but the bad memories because he might not able to take the blow. He would feel left out in the world." he said. It's a miracle that he had woken up although things might not be the same anymore. I touched my heart, it hurts but no matter what i have to help him. He is a different person now so i have to face him as a stranger too. "Alright doctor, i understand." i said. " Don't grieve too much, just to tell you if his nerves is triggered in the science way, he might remember some stuffs but i don't know.." he said. I nodded. 

Hara POV 

Looking at junhyung so active already when he just conscious only make me feel so glad. "Hara yah. Oppa miss you so much even when i just saw you." he said. My heart stopped. Words that i haven't hear it for so long already and he just said that. I couldn't control anymore so i cried it out. "Pabo ah, don't cry. Come to oppa." he said. I went forward and he pull me down to the bed. He hugged me tightly, i put my hands on his back as i continuing bawling my eyes out. "Oppa must have gave you a hard time coping with all these but i am awake now. I am hugging you now, i won't let you go anymore." he said. I nod my head. That magical feeling in my heart again. 

Junhyung POV 

I am feeling so useless for making her cry for me but she look really agonize. I must make sure i will treat her better from today onwards. He begin handing me my belongings. I feel so excited to see my phone. Then i start opening my wallet first, nothing changed. The photo of us still there and my phone, the wallpaper is different. I start wondering but i just let it be. Everything remain the same. I am glad. "Where is omma?" i asked. "She is on her way but i think she will only come late at night because if i didn't forget your appa went overseas and she need to help out in the company." she said. "Ahh i see. I cannot wait to see omma." i smiled. "Don't be too happy, you got a company too. Your appa left it to you." she said. A company? I thought i am still studying, i think i just forgotten. It is 2013 now. I am in my 20s so i should start working. "I don't know about that. Bring me there when i discharge, cannot wait to start work." i said. "Why are you so happy for work huh?" she asked. "I only remember i used to work part time with hyunseung and jiyeon and it was really fun. Now work in a company? It must be so difficult." i answered. "I am going to have my dinner now. I will come back later." she said. "You must had a hard time, go back and rest. There is hyunseung here." i said. "Are you sure?" she asked. I nodded. 

Hyunseung POV 

Hyuna have been looking really upset after she came out from the doctor room. I really want to know what's happening inside. "Kwenchana? You look so upset." i said. I put my hands on her shoulders so i could give her some comfort. "He lost his memories. I am facing him as a new friend from today onwards. The doctor told me not to mention anything about jiyeon to him because-" upon hearing that, i strongly object that topic. Maybe because it is about jiyeon, i am sensitive about. I remained as usual. "Arraso. I understand. Don't be sad! We will help him, he will remember you for sure." i said. to brighten up the atmosphere, i pull hyuna face so she could laugh. In a few seconds, she really did. I am glad. 

Hyuna POV 

It just feel like hell. However, i could see that hyunseung is trying to cheer me up. He is just too humorous and did he just pulled my face. I faked a laugh then start strangle him in a joking way. "How do you dare to do that to me? Napeun namja!!" i said. He is like struggling. "I won't let go until you say mianhae." i said. "M-ianhae! Let me go." he said. He smiled to me brightly and begin ruffling my hair. "Yah! Stop bullying me, you idiot." i said. "Arraso." he let go of me and we walk normally again. No matter, i feel blessed that i have oppa with me at this time when things are hard. An oppa who don't give up on me, as per normal. 

Junhyung POV 

Looking at the scene infront of me, made me smile. By hyung impression, i am sure he is in love with hyuna-sshi. They must be in love. Meanwhile, it made me want to know hyuna more too because hyunseung doesn't fall in love unless that girl is really a hit. That girl must be a gem that is why he is so in love. As they walk nearer, i waved. "You guys, come and entertain me. I am bored because hara went off already. I pouted. The room then left with 3 of us. "Both of you want anything? It is dinner time already." hyuna asked. "I will eat hospital meal." i said. "Hmm get me a bibimbap." hyunseung said. After awhile, it is only left with 2 of us. Time to get comfortable with hyung. "Hyung yah, are you going out(dating) with her?" i asked. He let out a small smile. "How i wish i am, we are just friends." he said. "Then do you like her?" i asked. 

Hyunseung POV 

What he asked make my heart skipped a beat. I doesn't know how to answer, no matter what he is the one that hyuna love but looking at the situation. Our relationship is back to the past, i mustn't lie to my best friend. "Yes, i do like her but don't tell her because she doesn't know anything yet." i answered.