10

Elemental Control

 

 
It had had been 37 days. A mark on the wall each day. Waiting. Something had to happen. Someone had to do somthing. It was in the middle of the day today, after lunch. They left me in the library and I heard movement somewhere. Following where my ears led me, I found them.
 
"K-Key!" I screamed in a whisper. "O-Onew!" I looked around anxiously, seeing no one else. More people popped out  from the shelfs to greet me. They were fellow classmates and one of my songsangnimdul(teachers) that ran away when the schools changed.
 
"Do you know how long it took us to find you?" My songsangnim said. "We thought you would have been dead by now... We almost gave up... But then we heard someone talking about this place and we knew you had to be here." She rubbed the side of my arm and smiled at me.
 
"So you're in but uh... How do we get out?" I asked. "And they have my wand too." I pointed out to them.
 
"We all know you don't need that. You can get another one though." Key said to me.
 
"Just follow us. We have to go now." Onew said pushing me slightly. I followed them down some ladder like staircases and there was an exit sign in front of us.
"Stop." My songsangnim told us before anyone went out it. Everyone stared back at her with questioning looks. "It's very likely that an alarm of somesort will go off or that there's people out there waiting for something. We might be being watched right now even. It's very important that Taeyeon gets back to our safeplace. Do everything you can." She said finally.
 
"Don't you dare risk your lives for me." I spoke up before we went out. "I don't want anyone to die because of me. I'm not as important as you think but I appreciate you all saving me and at least making it this far." They nodded and with a tensed atmosphere, we opened the door in front of us.