17; dates

not for sale / bills [discontinued] READ LAST CHAPTER!
Please log in to read the full chapter

"So why are we hiding out in the stairway of the Central Library again?" Kierra questioned after biting into her milk bread.

After classes were done for the day, the cousins ended up meeting at the Central Library due to Linna and Melanie's messages. Kierra and Serena had no clue what was going on, but they brought over snacks.

"Because the girls found out I'm dating Sunghoon

"Because the girls found out I'm dating Jake."

Both Linna and Melanie responded with a defeated sigh yet continued to eat their jam-filled bread, absentmindedly.

"You mean that they found out the two are you fake dating, right?" Serena corrected, confused.

"No. They actually think we're dating, dating, for real." Linna explained.

Both Kierra and Serena laughed out loud at their sisters' predicament

"How?" The older two chorused.

The younger two shrugged, giving different answers.

"Maybe because of Jake."

"Maybe because of Sunghoon."

"Like, there has to be some way they found though?" Kierra reasoned as Serena listed possible people.

"Hmm, since it's faking dating, maybe Jeon Hyewon or Choi Rika mentioned something, yeah?"

"No way." Melanie disagreed.

"Jeon Hyewon was not happy with the results and so I'm sure she and Choi Rika didn't say anything in hopes that they themselves could get at them."

Serena's face lit up, teasingly a second later.

"Or maybe our friends caught the two of you holding hands when the two walk y'all to classes today."

Linna and Melanie groaned as Kierra looked between the two.

"Hmm, how long are y'all gonna plan on hiding out because they're blowing up the chat."

Kierra flashed them her phone as the group chat with their friends kept updating with responses and hasn't stopped since they found out about Linna and Melanie. Melanie and Linna groaned again as Serena chuckled, chewing on her melon bread and sipping a strawberry milk carton.

"I guess y'all are gonna have to confess now, yeah?"

"No way." They declined with widened eyes before Melanie cast them with a look.

"Besides, Jake and I aren't like that compared to Linna and Sunghoon even though we're both in the same boat."

Linna scoffed.

"He doesn't even know that it was me that wrote him those letters yet we're in this fake dating situation bit."

Melanie scoffed, too.

"I didn't even write Jake one, but people think I did and now I'm in that situation, too."

"I mean, I'm surprised this is still going on." Serena commented, amused.

"Like, the plot thickens and y'all are living out one of those drama series."

The younger two scoffed, not enjoying it. Serena tried to think of this logically.

"Look, Linna, you like Sunghoon. Maybe this could work in your favor if you confess to him since it seems like Sunghoon doesn't mind hanging out with you and even pretending to aate."

Serena looked at her sister.

"And you, Melanie, maybe Jake likes you or something. I mean, you suggested a fake breakup, but he kinda dodged the question. Anyway, even though you say that you don't like him, but you don't mind going along with all this fake dating and now being tutored on top of it, too."

Serena looked from one to the other with a worried look.

"Then again, y'all really need to have that talk before this goes on further. I mean, we've seen how fake dating goes in movies, shows, and even within books, but like this is real life with real feelings. One or both or all of you may end up getting your feelings hurt one way or another."

Kierra agreed as she gave her sister and younger cousin a knowing look.

"Just like Serena said, but what are y'all gonna do now then?"

They both shrugged while eating their own bread. Serena looked at them before speaking with a small smile, trying to ease the situation.

"So if the girls found out, then maybe the boys have, too? This would actually make another nice short story to write soon."

The younger two groaned as Kierra laughed then frowned when she caught Serena's mischievous eyes.

"What?"

"Don't act like I didn't know about you finishing that photobook."

"What photobook?" The younger two inquired as Kierra sighed, not wanting Serena to come after her, too.

"For Jay's birthday gift, I gave him a photobook of all the photos I took for assignments relating to him."

"Ooh."

"Lovely."

Kierra groaned in response as the younger two asked if she had a copy that they could see, too.

"It's at home."

"Anyway, well, we can't ignore our friends forever. We work wit

Please log in to read the full chapter