Chapter 1: The Room

Music From Another Room

“So how’s your day”

 

I don’t know why that is the norm query, can it be “how’s your week, months or your year??”

I am living a run of the mill kind of life, the wake up-go to work-home- sleep, that sort.

Except of course, I just lost my younger brother to some untoward illness, just a few years after I lost my mom.

 Imagine a customary life since I was young and then BOOM! Something like that came and the rest is history, I mean other thing happened after that and now, I AM LOST.

 

“I just did my grocery, usual. And I now I’m in front of my apartment”

I was talking to Chase on the phone, Chasity or Chase is the only friend I got out of this chaos, the one who never left and keep bugging me to death.

 

There’s a long pause and I know whenever she does that, I just know.
 

“C’mon Chasity, no good news for today, I’m sorry”

 

Yes, aside from my sibs and my dad, they’re waiting for something new from me, like maybe a huge career leap or worse, LOVE LIFE.

 

But nothing, because I feel nothing and I am quite comfortable with this kind of life, sadly YES

 

I AM NEVER THE RISKER

 

I said goodbye to Chase over the phone, because someone is actually talking to me.

That lady living on the floor below to mine

“Someone is moving in, to that EERIE room next to yours”

 

I just nodded and smiled and walked through the entrance of the apartment

 

THE ROOM

 

Not actually eerie as in with ghost or something.  It’s a special room, special means there’s a lone access to the basement parking (yes, with an elevator!), huge space (I don’t know why there’s my unit next to that,  maybe it’s sorta for the helper or something of the fat-cat who used to live there) and the rest is complete secret, maybe there’s a swimming pool there too or maybe a garden, no one knows.

 

 

"When a long night comes, I get lost again

I don’t have you

I never witnessed my dreams

Where there is no place to wake me

I’m stopping and waiting for you"

 

“So you’re back in kdrama land?”

 

Chase came crashing my place that night; she offered to buy dinner so I agreed.

I don’t do visitors; I just want peace and more time with Thisbe and Clio, my pups.

 

“Who says I’m done with Kdrama?”

 

I am not, kdrama and fangirl-ing is a part of my existence.

Only on the fangirl part, if then I squeal while I watch my fave idol group and worship their godly faces, collect merchs, go to concerts and all those craziness that once feed my soul.

Now I don’t anymore.

 

I lost all the colors and all, that’s what Chase will always tell me.

 

“So care to join me on weekends? Concert, VIP ticket”

 

I stopped playing with Clio, glance at Chasity and gave her that knowing look.

 

I am not ready to go back yet.