Bake & Burn (Dahyun)

To Live Happily Ever After
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Okay, since when did the devil herself train her athleticism?!

 

Im Nayeon’s usually slow as hell since the only reason she exercises is to look hot, and even when her life was on the line during a dangerous mission she didn’t move nearly as fast- so what the heck happened to her?

 

… Oh yeah, her entire dignity, reputation, and potential love life is in my hands.

 

I almost believed that Tzuyu somehow transferred her super speed to Nayeon, which would straight up be cheating and cheaters descend down to hell after they die; I’d have to recruit Mina to join my team if that was the case, and never will I ever get her to agree to that in this lifetime.

 

Hell, Mina would probably join Nayeon if she gets to participate. I did ruin one of her PUBG games by screeching ‘GET THAT CLUCK CLUCK CHICKEN DINNER GURL!!!’ as she was confronting another player, which only resulted in her to scream her lungs out and getting shot to death.

If her microphone was on back then though, she probably got herself a kill too: the other player’s poor eardrums.

Late apology, but oopsie daisy.

 

Wait… why am I even talking about Mina’s mobile game right now?

I need to escape before Nayeon’s two brain cells finally remember how she can easily catch me by turning into a goddamn cheetah.

She’d be able to maul me down in 3 seconds then.

 

 

Seems like I gotta go fast if I don’t want to become the chicken dinner.

Let’s keep this up, my dudes.

 

 

Sprinting full speed down the hallway with my housemate’s footsteps as my personal BGM, I find myself heading straight towards our 4 curved stairways- meaning I must quickly make a decision on where I should go next.

 

Well, if I head upstairs, I can escape back into my room where I’d have the upper hand.

The only issue with that is the existence of Mina, who might kill me for causing a ruckus next door before Nayeon can even get her hands on me.

 

If I go downstairs however, I won’t have a secure space to hide- but I also won’t have to worry about anyone else, since Jihyo’s probably in the kitchen preparing dinner while Tzuyu’s aquaphobia- won’t ever let herself go downstairs again.

 

 

… I suppose the latter option is better than gaining another enemy who’d love to see me die in person, huh?

 

 

So after squeezing out that train of thoughts in a matter of seconds, I ultimately descend down to the basement 4 steps at a time- proving that Jihyo’s actually whipped for me too, since I’m not rolling down the stairs and breaking all of the bones in my body just yet.

I glace back as I execute the miracle, only to find out how Nayeon’s taking it rather slowly; she’s jogging down the stairs 2 steps at a time like a coward, unintentionally blessing me with an increasing distance and the achievement of reaching the basement in one piece.

 

Great, now I just need to come up with an escape route.

 

I know there’s only a gym, an indoor pool and a sauna down here, but it ain’t that simple.

There’s multiple pathways and glass doors that interconnects everything together- plus each floor is massive as hell.

This is God Jihyo’s mansion, remember?

 

 

I suppose the entire layout of this floor is the perfect playground for a grand cat and mouse chase.

I’ll definitely need to use my powers to my advantage, because there’s no way am I going to let myself die in the hands of a lesbian grandma.

 

 

After forcing myself to think just as fast as the speed of my pale legs, I dash through the gym equipment and make a sharp left turn.

I enter the hallway that leads me to our pool, but instead of following the path that makes a better racetrack, I try to throw Nayeon off by entering the changing room before closing the door behind me; I now close my eyes while resting both palms onto its surface, concentrating for a few seconds until…

 

 

Voila, the door is now fused together with the wall.

Take that, Im Nayeo-

 

 

“YOU CAN’T HIDE IN THERE FOREVER, KIM DAHYUN!!!”

 

 

Ugh, of course she knows about my strategies.

Her precognition ability is like a cheat code in a gaming system right now.

I’ll have to step up my game if I ever want to outsmart her and her stupid power- a power she mainly uses to check for cute girls, gosh.

 

 

Now knowing how the sneaky b*tch is probably going to try and enter the changing room through the door that connects through to the pool, I scramble across the entire area like my life depended on it; just as I reach a palm out towards the handle, I manage to spot a wild Nayeon who had just arrived to the pool- in a spot that’s on the complete opposite end of the room as me.

Tsk tsk tsk… you screwed yourself over, unnie.

 

 

“I wanted to compliment on how fast you’ve gotten, but I guess I can’t do that anymore.” I shout at her with a teasing grin.

 

“Kim Dahyun, if you want to live to see tomorrow- no, if you want to live to eat dinner tonight, you better hand over your phone right now!” her angry-sounding voice echoes loudly as she points a finger, “I was dead serious when I said I’ll crush your entire face!”

 

“Aw, but where’s the fun in that, unnie? It’s not like you can catch me in time, anyways.” I smirk boldly while placing my other hand onto the glass door, giving her one last look before I execute my power move. “I’ll see you at dinner, ya in’ .”

 

 

And just like that, I transform the remaining entrance to the changing room into a wall.

Dahyun 1, Nayeon 0.

 

 

Now that I’ve created a safe haven for myself, I leisurely stroll further into the changing room before plopping myself down onto one of the couches.

I whip out my phone to admire my self-made documentary clip on a wild lesbian again.

I still can’t believe I caught that on camera.

 

I mean, just look at that expression of hers!

She’d start drooling if it wasn’t for my interruption.

Great shot, cinematographer slash director Kim.

 

 

I make sure to save a backup (like what I do with all of my precious blackmail materials) before I tap open my ‘Im Nayeon’s Downfall’ folder.

I’m now on a mission to find what I’m actually going to send to that Yoo Jeongyeon girl, and there’s quite a lot to choose from.

 

Okay look- I know I might be a huge prankster, but I’m not evil.

Of course I don’t have the heart to destroy Nayeon’s chances of getting a girlfriend.

Heck, I’m actually rooting for her secretly.

 

This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for our homegirl to get chained down, meaning she’ll finally shut up about being lonely all the goddamn time… but just because I’m rooting for her success, that doesn’t mean I’m going to stop myself from having some fun.

 

I deserve to reward myself for sparing her life, don’t you think?

I can easily send photos of Nayeon that are 100 times worse than her stalking video.

I’m being hella generous here… oh, this clip of her drooling in her sleep seems like a good opener.

 

 

Aight, we’re going for it.

Yoo Jeongyeon~ Where are Yoo~?

 

 

Tapping open Instagram while chuckling to myself, I search for my target through my y housemate’s following list.

I proceed to open a DM with the oblivious stranger and send her the video without a hint of hesitation, making sure to follow up with a fake- ‘oh sorry, that was meant for someone else’ message to prevent myself from getting blocked for being a random weirdo.

 

I make sure the messages get delivered successfully before I shove my phone back into my pockets with a satisfied grin.

I don’t have the power to rewind time so all Im Nayeon can do is it up (what ‘unsend message’ option are you talking about?).

All I have to do now is to sit back, chillax, and enjoy the sho- WOAH WHAT THE FU-

 

 

What the hell was that?!

That sounded like a bomb exploding indoors, for s sake!

Heck, the floor’s still shaking!

 

 

Still confused as , I quickly climb onto the nearest table and place my hands against the ceiling with the help of my tippy toes… yeah, I know it’s sad. Tzuyu will never understand such a pain- YAH, WHATEVER THAT’S CAUSING ALL THE BOOMS AND EXPLOSIONS, CAN YOU NOT?!

 

 

The sound of absolute chaos seems to be getting closer, meaning it’s time for me to GTFO.

I hastily create a hatch within the ceiling to escape, but just as I’m about to pull myself up…

 

 

… I make eye-contact with a motherf*cking rhinoceros.

 

 

Okay, so either Jihyo has lost her marbles and added a freakin’ zoo in her mansion, or Nayeon has finally remembered about her shapeshifting ability.

I’m definitely betting my money on the latter suggestion… but damn is she an ugly- rhino.

And I thought she was ugly enough as a human being.

 

 

“ing Christ, unnie!” I shriek from the sight of a large mammal charging at me, pulling myself up to the 1st floor before daring to take a peek downstairs again. “What are you doing, wrecking the house with your fat- and all? You know Jihyo’s so going to kill you for that, right?”

 

“Yeah, but you bet I’m dragging you down with me.” she hisses through her gritted teeth after emitting this blinding ray of light out from her entire body, having transformed back to her usual Im Nayeon state. “Don’t assume you’re safe just yet, b*tch!”

 

“Pfft, whatever you say.” I give her the middle finger before closing the hatch, transforming it back into the carpet flooring it originally was.

I am not going to get scolded by Jihyo for destroying h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter