Déjà Vu (Mina)

To Live Happily Ever After
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I shouldn’t have put in all that effort into arriving on time for my first class.

It turns out to be the biggest waste of my time throughout my 3 years at university, and if only there’s an actual course content being taught, my mind wouldn’t be constantly torturing myself by drifting away to the memory of Son Chaeyoung’s small cheeks. I absolutely hate this.

 

 

“The course will also briefly touch upon human anatomy between chapters 3 and 4…”

 

 

Human anatomy.

Human body parts.

Gluteus Maximus.

Buttocks… Son Chaeyoung’s .

 

 

I… I can’t escape.

 

 

Groaning quietly for the umpteenth time within an hour, I’m starting to believe this traumatic experience won’t be leaving my brain anytime soon.

I may be getting sleepless nights for next few weeks- or even months if it continues at this rate.

What have I done to deserve this, Jihyo? Can’t you just tell me instead of all this?

 

 

“… and that’s basically it for today. You’re all free to go and I’ll see you guys next week.”

 

 

That really doesn’t help me with my current situation… at all.

I don’t have any other classes for the day, while labs don’t start until we’ve actually start to learn things in class.

Labs are usually what keeps me busy most of the time as they roughly take up 50% of my schedule, but now I suddenly have all this spare time to, well, continue torturing myself with my own memory, I suppose. It’s not like I can magically heal myself from that without seeing a therapist.

 

 

Gosh… this is going to be a long, tiring day.

 

 

The sound of shuffling feet snaps me out of my thoughts, triggering me to grab my belongings before following the crowd of students out of the room.

I discreetly part ways with my classmates as I head for the nearest washroom instead of the exit, and just before I head inside, I quickly glance around to make sure nobody is witnessing my actions. I also double check all the stalls to confirm that I don’t have unwanted company.

 

Great, the coast is all clear.

Now’s the perfect chance to escape home.

 

After concentrating on visualising my room, I open my eyes to yet another successful teleportation trip.

I immediately throw my bag onto my gaming chair before lifelessly flopping myself down onto my bed.

I let out a long sigh as I smush my face within my soft blanket.

 

I’m absolutely exhausted… and I’ve only been awake for what, an hour and a half?

I never knew that thinking about someone’s buttocks can drain your energy this fast… gosh what am I even saying.

I can’t believe this is my life now.

 

 

Well, at least I’m back within my safe haven, the only place I can experience true peace.

With purple LED lights running along the edges of my ceiling, my three-monitor setup, self-built PC, and 4 sets of TVs are all I need to survive.

I’ve designed it so it’s the dream room for any gamers out there, so of course I enjoy… huh, what do you mean I own way too many TVs?

Each one has their own dedicated console, plus one of them isn’t even taking up much space- since it’s attached to the ceiling and hanging in front of my bed. Don’t worry about it, I know what I’m doing.

 

 

Although I’ve been living with the team for 6 whole years and counting, Jihyo’s the only one who has been inside of my room…

Or should I say, the only one I’ve allowed inside my room.

 

Tzuyu’s kind of a grey area because I do trust that she’ll behave herself, yet I can’t get over the possibility of her destroying something by accident.

Her super strength makes me a little nervous- especially after witnessing her jabbing a punchbag through a wall in our basement.

At least she has learnt to never go back downstairs anymore.

She doesn’t even like hanging around there, anyways.

 

As for Nayeon and Dahyun… I can only hope that they’ll continue to stay far away from my bedroom.

If they step a single foot in here, all the hours and hard work I’ve spent setting up my room will go straight down the drain in the blink of an eye.

I’ve seen what they’ve done to Jihyo’s area and it includes spilling food all over her carpet, breaking a couple of vases, and making the room rain feathers after they managed to get their hands on her poor pillows. It looked as if a level 8 typhoon had occurred in there.

 

It might not actually be a huge deal for Jihyo (though it still gives her bad headaches) since she can instantly clean up their mess with a snap of a finger, but unfortunately my powers don’t include that feature. The only thing I can end up doing if Dumb and Dumber somehow gets in here and damage my belongings is to pray that Jihyo won’t mind losing two of our members through a brutal homicide. No mercy.

 

 

After zoning out a bit on my bed, I pull out my phone in hopes to kill some time… but then a certain student ID card catches my full attention.

I take it out of my card holder to observe Son Chaeyoung’s photo a bit more, simultaneously pondering about what I should actually do with it.

 

I’m not confident that I’ll have the guts to approach her face-to-face after what I’ve witnessed, yet I don’t want to simply hand it over to Lost and Found; it just feels wrong to never talk to somebody after unintentionally seeing them expose themselves like… you know what.

I’d feel too guilty about it to ever have a peaceful state of mind again- plus I do not want to be thinking about someone’s  all the time.

 

 

Perhaps I should ask Tzuyu for help again.

She’s still the safest option to go for out of all my choices…

 

Oh oops, I’ll need to unblock her first.

 

 

KakaoTalk: Yoda​​

9:36 am  Hey Tzu, are you free to chat rn?

Oh, so you’ve unblocked me at last How generous of you  9:36 am

9:36 am  Tone down the salt and just answer me please, gosh

Yeah I’m free
Just walking around campus  9:37 am

Wait
9:37 am  Shouldn’t you be in class?

I guess, but something came up  9:37 am

So…
You’re skipping your first class
9:37 am  Chou Tzuyu, it’s your first day at uni

Don’t worry about it
Anyways, did you need something?
Want me to get you out of a bathroom stall again?  9:37 am

DON’T
TL;DR I have the student card of that girl
9:37 am  The one I was stuck in the washroom with

So?
Just bring it to lost and found
Unless you have an ulterior motive
Ohhh I see how it is  9:37 am

9:37 am  WAIT

What a surprise
Though I always had the feeling you were a discreet   9:38 am

9:38 am  STOP JUMPING TO CONCLUSIONS, OI

Elaborate then  9:38 am

I just
I want to try to talk to her because
I dunno, I guess I’ll feel guilty if I don’t
9:38 am  Especially after seeing her… you know

I don’t
Please bless me with your knowledge  9:38 am

I’m not going to say it, you jerk
9:38 am  Anyhow, I need some suggestions on what to do

Well, you can just hold on to it
Keep it as a souvenir or whatever
Oh but she might apply for a new one if she can’t find it soon
So I guess you shouldn’t do that then  9:38 am

9:38 am  ???

I dunno
You can’t really do anything tbh  9:39 am

I’m sorry Tzuyu
9:39 am  But you’re so useless

At least I’m not the one trying to get to know someone
All because I got a VIP-seat view of their   9:39 am

9:39 am  I ONLY SAW HER OK

Ah, so the truth came out
Glad to learn you prefer over   9:39 am

9:39 am  You are despicable

Nice  9:39 am

You have blocked messages from this person.

 

 

I let out a soft sigh while rubbing my temples.

That went just as well as our previous conversation.

 

Gosh, I guess I really don’t have anyone to rely on other than myself, huh.

 

Jihyo won’t give me answers even when she knows and can do literally anything.

Nayeon will ualise everything because she just can’t control her hormones.

Dahyun won’t treat anything seriously even if the situation is serious.

And Tzuyu, as I’ve now learnt through the hard way, will just roast you without mercy.

 

 

What a team, am I right?

 

 

I take a peek at the time as I roll over onto my sides.

It’s still quite early… I can probably get some shut eye before meeting up with Jihyo and Nayeon for lunch later (I don’t even know why they invited me)… or I can get five LoL games in.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter