7. I still help

Once Again With An Unlucky Man
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shu Hai got a knot in his throat, something that stopped him to mouth and even to think properly. Yoona's plan could be considered as a major failure. His thoughts were about this woman who might be badmouthing him literally behind his back. He even didn't dare to turn his body toward the Two-Heads Siren Master and toward Chang An who didn't seem have noticed he had been tricked and that he was mistaken.

Shu Hai was in panic, because he was with Yoona's date. Shu Hai only wanted a peaceful life. How did he become a third wheel?

"Who are you cosplaying today?" the coach told the man whom the glasses reflected the pink cake.

The coach was handsome. Yoona would have been happy. The best he had to do before the situation worsened was to confess right now.

"Myself… It's not my casual clothes and I have my reasons," Shu Hai answered first.

Then, he turned his waist to eye the maybe angry face of Yoona; and she was, the hands crossed and the face in fire.

"You are mistaken" Shu Hai added, looking down at his hands under the table and ready to confess.

Chang An checked where Shu Hai had been staring and fell on Yoona.

"Yoona is the one who wants to meet you. She asked me to make you come at this cafe. She supposed you would come if I invite you… So, I will leave now." Shu Hai uttered ashamed, waved goodbye and started to get up.

"Stay, I come because of you. Yoona will come second." the coach kindly told him.

"But, she is there for you, she wanted to…"

Saying that she wanted to rebuild their relationship was something Shu Hai couldn't spell. He hated romance and all that girly things. It had been even more awkward to get the role of a matchmaker.

"She wants… You and her…" he tried again but it wasn't better this time.

"I know." the coach answered.

The coach who was severe and as serious as when he wore his kimono in the training room. Shu Hai probably shouldn’t have to let him know Yoona's plan. He would be angry too if someone did it with his life. He bit his lips and then looked at the cake forgotten on the table. That was when he decided he couldn't let the girl's effort dying. He got up and reached Yoona's table.

"Hey! He is waiting for you. Come on!"

"Waiting? I should have known that implying someone like you in my plan would not bring success." she hardly despised him. She passed by with a warning look and swooped on Chang An. Shu Hai who didn't see their faces could only imagine they were kissing.

"I will call you" Yoona told Chang An before leaving with the Sakura’ smile and the hand styling a strand of hair.

Shu Hai ran after her.

"You… You were longing for his date. You called me at night to organize this party. Go get your man if you want it!!"

"Whom man is he?" she asked angry. She was closing her eyes and Shu Hai didn't want her to start crying on the street. This day was an epic one!

"How could he be yours if you don't meet him now? You dressed and bought a strawberry cake. Do you believe I will eat it for you?"

Shu Hai was really concerned because he treasured friendship, loyalty and guarded promises. If she didn't want to come back, he thought she was missing these principles and so that made him angry.

"Chang An doesn't seem to be a bad guy. He will understand that you tried to please him but failed… OK, your bad if you don't! But don't blame me if I steal your man with my handsome geek Cinderella boy’s look of the day!" he joked since he understood she wouldn't change her mind.

She moved her head, chuckled and then ignored him.

When Shu Hai entered back the cafe where he had left the door big opened – hopefully, it wasn't winter so the customers had not transformed in frozen rocks – he found the coach and sat.

"She… said she had something to do. She will surely call you… this evening" Shu Hai lied. The plan was a fiasco but he could at least let him believe it wasn't a bad ending.

Shu Hai drank a bit of water. He was thirsty with all that shenanigans. He drank all his glass on a go and when his throat was empty, he breathed.

"Unhappily, this cake is going to get lost. I'm sure the baker took a lot of time to make it, with that frosting and pink cream. She should have ordered a smaller cake. Did she think she had to fulfil you and bring back the remaining parts for your night breaks after your practices?" He laughed, killed by his proper joke, his chin put on the table with the eyes at the level of the cake.

That's when he realised he was too talkative, acting like the famous non elegant geek he was; people were staring and the coach was anxious.

"So, Yoona asked you to contact me… for a meeting there… And she bought this cake?"

Shu Hai nodded, sorry.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter