5. I stay

Once Again With An Unlucky Man
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Pulling the trigger was definitively what the coach Chang An taught his pupils. To be able to feel the tension, a positive one, and when the opponent attacked, release it. At this condition only the kicks would be sufficiently powerful and mastered.

Before meeting Shu Hai and Aaron at the academy's swimming-pool, he had gone for a jogging around, like he did twice a day. He had not used the front gate but the back one, more discreet and used by the previous residents. Actually, he was the only one living there. Years ago, coaches and gardeners had stayed too. But the austerity of this castle didn't give the best for families, and coaches wouldn't live there without their families. He was a single and lonely man so it wasn't a big deal for him.

What bothered him was how people spoke about the incident that happened years ago. Discussions about the academy frequently ended with how him, Chang An, had been involved or not in the death of that boy. And that sweet man was the new person that had spoken about it. Indeed, he was dis-hearted.

"Sorry, Aaron is talkative." Shu Hai apologized embarrassed.

Shu Hai didn't like how the coach got silent. He thought he needed to explain.

"The one who died here by cardiac arrest is Aaron's cousin…" Shu Hai uttered without losing eye contact "and since I have the badge for the week…" He realized his sentence didn't make sense at all… "And Aaron wanted to come…"

"Are you the castle owner?" Aaron asked the coach.

This question startled the questioned one who found back his nice smile.

"No, just living here." He answered the boy. "Where is your sister?"

Shu Hai was stunned. First of all, how would the coach know Aaron ? Oh! Aaron was Yoona's brother!

"Do you know Yoona?" the boy asked astonished.

"Yes. But I have never met you. Nice to meet you Aaron." he greeted the young boy.

Shu Hai scoffed. He was really grilled like a fish now. His female neighbour should not be informed that he brought Aaron for a Sunday trip. Shu Hai felt tricked again.

"Dry yourself and follow me, I have hot chocolate for you and building blocks."

"Really? How fun! No wonder you are my sister's boyfriend!"

Shu Hai gasped and Chang An got surprised. He was about to say something but he didn't. Shu Hai really needed to escape now: "Sorry but we have to go. His sister wouldn't like him to reach home to late."

"I will call her and say that you are here with me." the coach said and immediately searched his phone in his jogging trouser and dialled Yoona.

"Hi! It's me. I am with your neighbour at the academy. Your brother is there too. I will drive your brother back to you when he gets his snack."

Wow! It was done. So Shu Hai was blocked in that castle now. He could leave but how leaving without Aaron? What if the murder hypothesis was true? He couldn't let the boy alone into his hands.

"I'm dried Shushu! You can stop rubbing my back!" he heard Aaron said. Shu Hai put off the towel from the boy and let it on the chair.

Some minutes ago, he wanted to pass Chang An's door but now that he was rushed towards, he felt forced. Shu Hai texted something to Mystic: at least someone had to know that he might soon perished into the beast's den!

The bolt was loudly shot when they get inside.

Shu Hai checked the apartment. He wondered how he hadn't memorized the decoration because it's really pure Zen or whatever. A table there, chairs, a wooden cabinet, a futon and a white ground. Wooden figurines on wooden shelves. Was that coach a bamboo's forest monkey aspirant? Why would he need all those woods? To light a godly fire and pry for his past crime?

"Thank you, coach Chang An" he heard Aaron said. Shu Hai walked further in what could be called a kitchen. Chang An had poured chocolate to the boy and put near his cup some rice cakes. Aaron was smiling ears to ears. Shu Hai understood the boy was OK and happy so he felt a bit secure and relief. He left in the main room's corner. It occurred that the coach unexpectedly passed him and blocked his way. He had a serious face and Shu Hai started to panic.

"Be careful of Yoona. She really takes care of her brother. She doesn't like you being around him."

Shu Hai was puzzled. He didn't think about Aaron's sister. Instead, he supposed he would ask what he knew about that pupil's death.

"I will bring him back to home. Will you need a drive too?"

Shu Hai didn't want his help. But what dis-hearted him was the way he felt cornered.

"Was I right to come today? Since you said the weekends are less crowded…" What bull he was saying! Now the coach would think he came because he felt invited.

The coach smiled nicely. "Sure, you have the badge until next week."

"Okay" Shu Hai answered, embarrassed, not knowing what to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter