1. I was

Once Again With An Unlucky Man
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Already three hours had passed since he had started playing his video games and one hour and a half since he had peed. Five minutes would be the time needed for him to kill the huge assailant of that level. His latest meal was chips and his eyes became empty, heavy, and useless holes. Once again, he won the level of this annoying game. But wasn't it obvious? He knew all the tricks and turns of each games. That's why he wished he had the courage to go out to his geek friends and to borrow from them some new DVD. Shu Hai remained the same guy he always had been and no one could change his habits. What could he be besides a trashy and unlucky twenty-seven-year-old guy without physical friends, except that noisy-manly girl Zheng Nan and his best-friend-forever Mystic Dragon?

But that was not the point. The big question was how had this "once upon a time handsome man" turned into an aimless human?

"Hurry up Wang Shu Hai!" a female voice shouted.

Bang bang bang!

"Wang Shu Hai! Don't pretend you are sleeping! The geeks saw you connected on your platform so… Open the door!"

That scream perturbed Shu Hai tranquillity and his daily boring program. Obviously, the only girl who was able to dare disturb his plan was Zheng Nan. If he could just catch her now, hang her up with one hand and pin her to the wall, he would have given all these punches his hero threw to his enemies until she wouldn't have been able to speak and move… Wow! That could be so cool!

"Wang Shu Hai!" she shouted.

"Yes yes yes okay, don't yell!!" He reached the door and unlocked it allowing the beast to enter.

"Yah! Why don't you open the door earlier! Your neighbourhood will think I am crazy and go alert the cops!" she told him off.

"You are aware of this only now!" he scoffed.

"Yah! Don't even dare start again!" she whined, upset, hitting Shu Hai's back.

"There are nobody in this four apartments building at this time, except an eight-year-old boy who is always alone at the ground floor" he grumbled.

"That boy? He is not alone. I heard him call her sister. He was shouted: Yooona Noona!"

Shu Hai got accustomed to his friend's fits. She was noisy and annoying because she didn't have his updates. He carried inside the bags Zheng Nan had brought and immediately searched for what he needed: shampoo, food, beer.

"I did shopping for you for the last time. You will move your out of this building to have a decent life. Have you seen your face, and what is your problem with the shower?" she scolded him as she touched Shu Hai's mop of black hair with the ends of her fingers.

"You can go now, thanks for the bags," he replied, returning in front of his TV and gamepad.

"Oh no! This time, I won't let this happen. Guys? Come in!" she said.

Shu Hai, worried by this unusual sentence, wondered what she had prepared: he had not predicted that twist! His three playmates entered his room with heavy bags.

"What's the f…" Shu Hai uttered.

"Hey! Don't be rude" the first playmate retorted. "You are a traitor. We have a pact. Where were you? You have to pay now!" In the little time it took to understand the actions of his friends, Shu Hai was involved in a serious and frightening war. They switched off the TV and began to… clean… his… room.

"No, don't touch that cables…" he ordered but it was too late; before he could say another word, water was splashed on his face.

"What the h…! Just go out of my room!" he threw angry.

"Shu Hai! I've had enough of your attitude! How can you spoil the good person in you… It has been nine months already!" Zheng Nan said.

"…"

Shu Hai sighed and let his gamepad fall on the floor. She bit her lips and closed her eyes for a moment. She shouldn't have pronounced these words. The others stayed quiet and avoided to stare at them.

"What do you want?" Shu Hai asked without looking at them.

"We want you back!" she pleaded.

"I am not asking you," the angry and tired Shu Hai answered, denying the girl who was working a lot to make him change. "You," he pointed the three geeks, "why are you there?"

The three were anxious. Seeing the strong Zheng Nan choked by her mistake felt odd.

"To bring you with us. Don't you remember the special video games event? It is tonight. Come, it will be fun. If you can't stand our company, you can see the tournament from the big screen in the hall. What do you think?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter