The South

Ona
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 7: The South

 

The Country of Ona is shaped like a deformed diamond. The largest part of the country is the northern part. It is bountiful in resources, and it lies in the sea. The northern territory has its ports, it is used for visiting tourists and for trade. The Capital is in the Center of the four major territories, but it is still inside the Northern Territory if viewed in technicality.

The sea extends to the West, where Ona gets its fresh seafood and natural resources needed from the sea, while the East is the Agricultural area. Farmers, breeders, and even Hunters live there to cultivate the land and produce products for the Nation. The South is the smallest area, it is connected to a different country wherein the only thing that divides it is a mark. The Southern Onanians are believed to be descendants of Purebloods with enhanced cognitive abilities, meaning most of the Southern Onanians are scholars. They possess intelligence and knowledge passed down from one generation to another. They are curious, and they are not fighters.

Truth be told, there was a constant war between the neighboring country and the Southern part.  The Grandmother of the current Empress neglected this part of the country because of some incident in the Royal Palace with a consort from that land. She would also add that the South is just a leech they take everything and give nothing in return. Many believed that it was a petty reason to neglect their countrymen, but they could never protest the late Empress. The Axis Mother of the current Empress did send soldiers to fight against the invaders, they set up a Military camp to protect the people, but the other country never stopped committing bandit acts. They would go to every tribe to get the women and them. They would steal their belongings and make them their own. It was too much that the Previous Empress was pressed to stop sending troupes by her officials because of the Death rate.

The South never had its Governing official, unlike the other parts of the country, actually they had but that family gave up. The Southern people were forced to become slaves and their tongues were cut out to serve those of the other countries, Axis were punished by cutting their parts.

It was not until about 25 years ago when Empress Kry was about 15 years old. Her Axis Mother felt ill already so she was doing some tasks fit for an Empress, she went to the Southern part of Ona, alone, riding a horse, the Southern part was deserted, and only several people lived there and tried to get by. It broke Empress Kry’s heart seeing the South in despair.

 

 

She looked around and cried for her countrymen.

“Are you someone important?” A 17-year-old girl wearing trousers asked the Princess wearing her armor.  The girl seemed malnourished and weak. “I am not more important than you, here, have some food,” Kry offered the girl a week of her food, bread, and water.  The girl hurriedly grabbed it, but rather than eating it herself, she brought it to some Southern children who were starving. Kry looked at them with guilt and sorrow. “It is just us who are left here, we were able to hide before the Barbarics killed us, this is all we salvaged,” She is about the books of history and the kids. “What is your name?” Kry asked in despair. “Amber, that is what the people here used to call me, my birthmother was by a barbaric, so I am, only half Ona, and people despise us, they treat us like we have some sort of skin disease, because we had their blood,” Amber’s eyes are filled with tears.

“But you did not wish to be born like that, you are an Onanian to me, and, as I am who I am, I should protect you and rebuild this land, will you help me do that, Amber?”  The beautiful Axis heir asked. Amber blushed. “I would love to have a land that I can call home,” She cried because of the glimpse of hope given by the person in front of her. Kry smiled, “Then lets make this your home,” Kry said.

The princess asked for information about the current situation. She was not mistaken for Amber does know everything; she is indeed a descendant of purebloods with high intelligence. Kry made a concrete plan of offense with Amber’s knowledge. She sent an owl to the capital to her sister who was tending her mother at that time. The sun fell and night covered the area. Amber put all the children to sleep, and she went with Kry to the Barbaric base, Kry thought to salvage whatever was left, whoever was left. Amber seemed to be a skilled fighter, maybe it was the barbaric blood in her. The two of them went from one camp to another slaughtering the barbaric, that night, Amber witnessed Empress Kry’s special ability. She could create invisible walls and squeeze those who are trapped inside.

They slaughtered all of them and freed the captives of these people. As soon as the sun rises, Amber is covered in blood, yet the Princess does not even lay a hand to anyone but kills all the criminals with that special ability of hers. When they cleared the area Kry closed her eyes and Amber felt a strong force of something coming from her. Kry fell

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter